Giro 2022 - Stage 16: Salò – Aprica 202 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,892
    hindley
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,865
    edited May 2022

hindley

Really doesn't want Almeida around
  • mididoctors
    hirt reaching out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    almedia

hindley

Really doesn't want Almeida around
    that tt
  • mididoctors
    carthy caught by the gc trio
  • mididoctors
    almedia still close
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Almeida must own the longest piece of elastic in the peloton
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    Really impressed by Almeida - only 1km to survive to the top...
  • mididoctors
    valverde getting reeled in by gc trio
  • Every year we're reminded what a bunch of 'look at me' tools runners are
  • mididoctors
    over the top they all go
  • mididoctors
    wet descent...sketchy
  • mididoctors
    oh noooooo dont crash
  • mididoctors
    everyone is on limit
  • mididoctors
    great win
  • mididoctors
    look at valverde
  • mididoctors
    hindley just i think? for the bonus
  • mididoctors
    aa knackered hugh trails in behind Nibali
  • kingstongraham
    Hirt - Arensman - Hindley - Carapaz - Valverde
  • mididoctors
    almedia lost whaat 15secs?
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Intermarche are having a rather good race
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    It's official: Jai Hindley is the Australian Roglic. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

josame said:

jeez - the giro is missing explosive attackers

https://www.eurosportplayer.com/sport/tennis/rolandgarros2021
    You can think the race hasn't really lit up without that. So far it's been a case of Carapaz, Hindley, Landa and Almeida not losing the race rather than anyone stamping their authority on it. They all seem evenly matched at the moment and on the three mountain top finishes, there has not been a single second between Carapaz, Hindley or Landa.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,635

He could easily win a future Giro that has a few more TT kms.
  • mididoctors

He could easily win a future Giro that has a few more TT kms.
    not a parcours that favours him and he is close..i think he will ship big chunks thou this week

• kingstongraham
    phreak said:

josame said:

You can think the race hasn't really lit up without that. So far it's been a case of Carapaz, Hindley, Landa and Almeida not losing the race rather than anyone stamping their authority on it. They all seem evenly matched at the moment and on the three mountain top finishes, there has not been a single second between Carapaz, Hindley or Landa.
    I just think if you can't find something to enjoy in this race, it's maybe not the sport/format for you. And that's OK.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941

phreak said:

josame said:

I just think if you can't find something to enjoy in this race, it's maybe not the sport/format for you. And that's OK.
    The mountains looked stunning, but the GC battle seems to be largely about not losing rather than actively winning. I've been watching cycling for 25 years. Some races are great (and the Giro often is more so than the Tour as there is less of an incentive to ride conservatively). This one, however, hasn't been so far.

I mean its hardly the 2003 Tour where the top 3 are close despite taking lumps out of each other all race. The top 3 are close because none of them has done anything.
  • kingstongraham
    I wonder how Armstrong, Ullrich, Vinokourov and Hamilton kept on attacking so hard day after day.
  • kingstongraham
    Today was a good race - not an all time great, not the most exciting in this Giro, but good fun to watch.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    edited May 2022
    Anyone seen the full result? PCS only has down to the first 122 riders so theres a few missing. Did try the official site but that ones only loading the riders in 5 at a time......