Giro 2022 - Stage 16: Salò – Aprica 202 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,892
    you see hindley?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    there he is
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,308
    Sivakov did well to get back on
  • mididoctors
    valverde has literally soft tapped everytime he finds the front
  • mididoctors
    ciccone regretting that sprint effort
  • mididoctors
    amrushton said:

Nibs doing his thing now

Carapaz should wait for porte ?

No, it's on!
    it is
  • amrushton
    ineos back to 5?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    LOL
    Eurosport asking cycling fans to switch over from this to watch the clay court ping pong
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,865
    amrushton said:

ineos back to 5?

yes - impressive.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2022
    been a good stage..active throughout
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,247
    Valverde favourite for the stage now?
  • mididoctors
    DeadCalm said:

Valverde favourite for the stage now?

could be any of that front group

• mididoctors
    valverde has wheel sucked himself up the road well
    but on otoh he is 42!
  • mididoctors
    i get the impression McEwan has done the cut off calculations a few times ...
    he reckons about 50mins
  • mididoctors
    its steep
  • blazing_saddles
    Very narrow too.
    Bouwman broken
  • mididoctors
    bowumen has gone
  • mididoctors
    valverde looking shifty
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,293
    That gap between the houses a few minutes ago is going to be tight for the cars.
  • amrushton
    edited May 2022

valverde looking shifty

thats been his MO all his career. its worked for him tho'
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,865

i get the impression McEwan has done the cut off calculations a few times ...
    he reckons about 50mins

Check this out: https://www.velofacts.com/cx-laps/giro-d-italia-2022-time-limit-calculator.html

50 minutes would be very safe. They'll be easily within that.
  • amrushton
    Yates group about to be caught
  • amrushton
    Look, valverde is on the front!
  • mididoctors
    martin caught..spat out the back
  • mididoctors
    big acceleration in the gc bunch
  • blazing_saddles
    G Martin does his impression of diarrhoea by going into the front of the peloton and out through the rear exit in one movement
  • mididoctors
    kemna got a gap on the descent
  • mididoctors
    10 secs
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    edited May 2022
    Dull as - no one attacked on the Teglio, Landa / Hindley settling for what the race brings rather than writing the story and yet both have already podium'd 'highly entertaining my ass'
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • mididoctors
    bahrain controlled