Ultegra callipers

I think tyres is where I'll start

Thanks all
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Rich_T_ said:

Will these bikes take a 28mm tyre ?

Shimano brakeset

I can get Pirelli P Zero 30s on mine with SRAM calipers. These tyres measure about 30.5 mm on my wheels, so I think true to size 28s wouldn't be a problem with Shimano.
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 632
    I have Schwalbe Durano 28s on mine with SRAM Force calipers

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    The Spit on the Col des Aravis yesterday

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • I seen a couple of these listed locally , Worth buying a rim brake titanium bike instead of disc now ? Love the look of them
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    edited January 2023

I seen a couple of these listed locally , Worth buying a rim brake titanium bike instead of disc now ? Love the look of them

Nothing wrong with rim brakes, and they won't be going away anytime soon. Braking performance with Swisstop BXP pads on aluminium rims is superb in all conditions and I run 30 mm tyres on this frame so 28 mm will fit easy . IMO rim brakes are just so much easier to set up and maintain with the bonus that there's no rubbing or squealing to contend with.

It's not my main bike, but I've done around 2k miles on mine and really rate it on ride and looks. The quality of the frame finishing and welds is amazing, particularly at the price as it seems to be based on the Reilly T325, which costs a whole lot more (same designer but made by Waltly). Definitely one of my best buys of last year.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

I seen a couple of these listed locally , Worth buying a rim brake titanium bike instead of disc now ? Love the look of them

absolutely totally nothing wrong with rim brakes. don't swallow the disc hype.

buy the bike.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.