Paris Roubaix 2021 pre race chat

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    Chasers getting motor paced by TV camera and local gendarme
  • There won't be a chase group left to chase after half of the Carrefour stage.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Going to need some special to catch her ...god I hope she doesn't crack
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • That's where our next crash will be.
    Magnus says it's always muddy rain or not.
    Very wind too.

Lizzie cool control
  • mididoctors
    She kept it up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Nasty sector here. Could cause trouble behind
  • Pross
    Skillz
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    edited October 2021
    And there we go.
    Ninepins
  • mididoctors
    Ouch
  • Pross
    Predictable pile up as Vos puts the hammer on. Van Dijk down
  • mididoctors
    Vos Vs Liz
  • mididoctors
    Borghini
  • Pross
    Vos is going hard now, good decision as being in that group wasn't much benefit. Longo Borghini needs to get on her wheel and do the team task
  • Pross
    About 30" lost since Lizzie went into that horrible sector.
  • Vos getting some ridiculous motor pacing.
  • mididoctors
    Come on borghini
  • mididoctors
    This is great
  • Pross

Vos getting some ridiculous motor pacing.

Yeah, it's shocking. They may as well give her a derny
  • mididoctors
    Vos is coming
  • Pross said:

2 motor bikes a few metres in front of her and Lizzie's camera is always behind.
    It's so obvious.
  • Pross
    Longo Borghini not as confident as Lizzie or Via on the cobbles.

Out of the Carrefour and gap down to 1' 36".
  • Ooooooo gap is tumbling...
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    After the 2 last horrible sections, do we reckon 1 min is enough for the last 10 ish km??

Come on Lizzie!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Two sectors left which I assume includes that tame town centre section just before the velodrome. Lizzie needs to get going again as the gap is only 1'15. She's lost roughly that in 12km and there's 13km to go - should be close!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    LD looked to be taking cdl'a safety first after her slide. I don't think that sudden drop in the time gap means as much as it appeared.

She looks so very good on a bike.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    Holding her off
  • Gap seems to have stabilised...

Squeaky bum time.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    Vos fading?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,641
    Can't see how someone can lose 1 min 20s in 10km on the flat.
  • Pross

Pross said:

2 motor bikes a few metres in front of her and Lizzie's camera is always behind.
    It's so obvious.
    Derny has been pulled out and gap not changing - says it all really (appreciate that Vos also rode the cobbles very well).