2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Wout Poels is staying at Bahrain after all, has extended for a year after the team previously announced he wouldn't be getting a renewal.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    andyrac said:

Seems as if Tiesj Benoot is leaving Team DSM; yet another wanting out. There seems to be a problem there - and it's not being addressed.....

Any indication where he's going?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • would love it to be Lotto-Soudal
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He'd be a decent replacement for Dan Martin at ISN
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    RichN95. said:

He'd be a decent replacement for Dan Martin at ISN

Too young, he’s only 27. 🤣
  • RichN95.
    Valverde has confirmed next season will be his last. I think this is the third or fourth year has done this though.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    RichN95. said:

Valverde has confirmed next season will be his last. I think this is the third or fourth year has done this though.

Isn't he going to MotoGP to replace Rossi?
  • RichN95. said:

He'll be flying up Hautcam in July, now Movistar have "Coach" Piepoli boarding the Movistar bus for next season.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660

RichN95. said:

He'll be flying up Hautcam in July, now Movistar have "Coach" Piepoli boarding the Movistar bus for next season.
    Haha I saw that too. Hmm
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    You're kidding, aren't you? That's taking the piss slightly...

I know there's lots of old dopers around, but they're generally from the 1990-2005 'everybody was doing it' period. Someone who was popped in the post-Lance era shouldn't be going near a team like Movistar.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

I know there's lots of old dopers around, but they're generally from the 1990-2005 'everybody was doing it' period. Someone who was popped in the post-Lance era shouldn't be going near a team like Movistar.

You know he coaches Alberto Bettiol, don't you?

I didn't see anyone criticising EF or Vaughters over that.

• RichN95.
    Riccardo Ricco will be available in 2024
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    edited October 2021
    andyp said:

No one who rides for Vaughters could be an evil man...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    andyp said:

I didn't know that
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    edited October 2021
    andyrac said:

Seems as if Tiesj Benoot is leaving Team DSM; yet another wanting out. There seems to be a problem there - and it's not being addressed.....

The labor dispute between Team DSM and Ilan Van Wilder, which has been going on for months, will continue to be fought in the Overijssel court. The team and the Belgian cyclist have been living in an insoluble conflict situation since this summer about the possible termination of the employment contract. Van Wilder is now going to court to enforce that. The Overijssel court and Team DSM have now confirmed this news to WielerFlits.

CW has now picked up on the story:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/dsm-rider-takes-legal-action-against-team-in-hopes-of-ending-contract
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

RichN95. said:

That guy is a coach jaysus
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Roger Hammond to Ineos as DS
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    r0bh said:

Ben Williams also joins the management team from Ineos Britannia. Sounds like his brief is the same as Kerrison’s when he first came in. Looks like they’re looking to shake things up a bit.
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2021
    roscoe said:

r0bh said:

Ben Williams also joins the management team from Ineos Britannia. Sounds like his brief is the same as Kerrison’s when he first came in. Looks like they’re looking to shake things up a bit.

Also in the shake up Kwiatkowski will be helmsman for the next America's Cup and Richie Porte will replace Valtteri Bottas as second driver at Mercedes (an interesting reversal there)
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    RichN95. said:

Richie Porte will replace Valtteri Bottas as second driver at Mercedes (an interesting reversal there)

God, think all the safety cars there would be! :D

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199
    redvision said:

RichN95. said:

Richie Porte will replace Valtteri Bottas as second driver at Mercedes (an interesting reversal there)

God, think all the safety cars there would be! :D

G extends contract with Ineos, #1 driver. 😉
  • ddraver
    I can imagine Kwiato would be a half-decent helmsman tho...
    - @ddraver
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Shame Froome isn't still there. With a pair of those carbon running shoes he could have had a punt at the 2 hour marathon.
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2021
    mrb123 said:

Shame Froome isn't still there. With a pair of those carbon running shoes he could have had a punt at the 2 hour marathon.

You can take the boy out of Kenya, but not Kenya out of the boy.

RichN95. said:

I think this may have been one of my most obscure references. Did anyone get it?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    RichN95. said:

mrb123 said:

You can take the boy out of Kenya, but not Kenya out of the boy.

RichN95. said:

I think this may have been one of my most obscure references. Did anyone get it?
    Assumed it was a reference to all the F1 drivers that like to cycle?
  • ddraver
    Something to do with Tiffany Cromwell?
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2021
    ddraver said:

Something to do with Tiffany Cromwell?

Indeed. She's Bottas's girlfriend and once upon a time was Richie Porte's

Not really transfer news. But if you like that, there was historic transfer movement from Gallopin to Alaphilippe and Blythe to Deignan.
  • ddraver
    ...my word
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Omar Fraile to Ineos