2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505

Looks like Qhubeka-Nexthash will be no more:

https://cyclingnews.com/news/qhubeka-nexthash-on-the-brink-as-riders-told-to-make-alternative-plans/

No-one saw that coming, I'll bet

So the World Championships will be in Rwanda.

The only African WT team is about to fold. Sad that they can’t get sponsorship.

• roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    De la Cruz to Astana
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 266
    I thought he already had .
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    RichN95. said:

andyp said:

RichN95. said:

It's been confirmed. Along with his brother.

They're also linked to Lopez, Moscon, De La Cruz. Leonardo Basso and Conti

I thought his brother had another year at Trek. Has he been released early?

On a second look that bit hasn't been confirmed. But I expect they'll let him go.
    Alright, Nostradamus.

• andyp
    Ethan Vernon is reported to be joining DQS from next season.
  • daninexile
    daninexile Posts: 45
    edited October 2021
    m.r.m. said:

I thought he was supposed to be moving to Ineos, as weird as that move was?

m.r.m. said:

I thought he was supposed to be moving to Ineos, as weird as that move was?

That seemed to be the suggestion by Hatch on comms today he said the ink was just drying on the contract.
  • andyp
    Bit of a clearout at Ineos, with Ivan Sosa confirmed at Movistar, which has long been rumoured, and Leonardo Basso and Sebastian Henao both heading to Astana.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp said:

Bit of a clearout at Ineos, with Ivan Sosa confirmed at Movistar, which has long been rumoured, and Leonardo Basso and Sebastian Henao both heading to Astana.

I genuinely thought Sosa had joined Arkea last off season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Fuglsang and Houle from Astana to ISN
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    ISN staying true to form of only signing riders long past their prime. Just need GVA and Degenkolb now. 😛
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp

Fuglsang and Houle from Astana to ISN

Which almost certainly means a deal with Premier-Tech to come in as a sponsor has been agreed.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    andyp said:

Feels like they've lost a lot more riders than they've signed so far.

Sosa hasn't finished a race since Algarve in early May, had he been ill / injured or just out of favour?

Ineos is going to be a very young team next season by the look of it.
  • andyp
    Victor Campenaerts is going back to Lotto-Soudal for next season. Cue cheesy video:

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Another two years at DQS for James Knox
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux announce sponsorship deal with Vini Zabù.
    Vini Zabù were sponsoring the Italian team of the same name, who look to be in real trouble - they've missed the deadline for filing paperwork as pro conti level team for next season, presumably because they've lost their title sponsor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux announce sponsorship deal with Vini Zabù.
    Vini Zabù were sponsoring the Italian team of the same name, who look to be in real trouble - they've missed the deadline for filing paperwork as pro conti level team for next season, presumably because they've lost their title sponsor

As have Savio's Androni, apparently.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    Nizzolo to Israel confirmed. It's been rumoured for a while.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

There was a bit on the latest Cycling Podcast episode which I listened to today, had Savio on saying he'd got another title (?) sponsor alongside Androni, can't remember name, plus would have fewer sponsor names on next year's kit. Late kerfuffle perhaps.
  • RichN95.
    Tim Kerrison is leaving Ineos. Moving on to something else I guess as Xabier Artetxe seems to have more influence now with the top Spanish speaking riders.

He's probably been one of the most influential people in cycling over the last decade.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    RichN95. said:

Tim Kerrison is leaving Ineos. Moving on to something else I guess as Xabier Artetxe seems to have more influence now with the top Spanish speaking riders.

He's probably been one of the most influential people in cycling over the last decade.

Staying in cycling? Can see him at UAE or Jumbo-Visma.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    edited October 2021

RichN95. said:

Staying in cycling? Can see him at UAE or Jumbo-Visma.

Who knows? He was meant to go to England Cricket before Brailsford took him. Maybe back to his roots. British Rowing need a shake up after Tokyo
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    andyp said:

RichN95. said:

andyp said:

RichN95. said:

It's been confirmed. Along with his brother.

They're also linked to Lopez, Moscon, De La Cruz. Leonardo Basso and Conti

I thought his brother had another year at Trek. Has he been released early?

On a second look that bit hasn't been confirmed. But I expect they'll let him go.
    Alright, Nostradamus.

Confirmed at Astana
  • orraloon said:

There was a bit on the latest Cycling Podcast episode which I listened to today, had Savio on saying he'd got another title (?) sponsor alongside Androni, can't remember name, plus would have fewer sponsor names on next year's kit. Late kerfuffle perhaps.
    Drone Hopper-Androni Giocattoli, apparently. Another Savio mouthful.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    RichN95. said:

I thought he'd left a few years ago, shows how much attention I pay. I would have thought that by now all his tricks are known so not sure what he adds.
  • andyp
    Kristen Faulkner joining Team Bike Exchange for 2022. Might put paid to the rumours that the team is set to be shut down.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Seems as if Tiesj Benoot is leaving Team DSM; yet another wanting out. There seems to be a problem there - and it's not being addressed.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    Im not understanding why qhubeka are making a big deal out of the loss to African cycling if the don’t continue. In 3 years they’ve went from having 14 African cyclists to having only 2 they seem to have been the ones that are diminishing African cycling