Erm, well, Cannondale.

Hence all the Lachlan Morton stuff too

Lawson Craddock no?

I'm glad I'm not alone in getting those two confused
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    No, I meant Lachlan...

As in all the touring/gravel/mtb/enduro/etc etc etc stuff that Cannondale are big on
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    - @ddraver
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Well, it's all the same engine, mitochondrial cell energy generation, lactate shuttling etc.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ddraver said:
    That is some effort.

Seems interesting to see a number of pros doing some running this winter... is it trendy or something?
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Probably easier, and a lot cleaner than doing CX......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    32:38 isn't that impressive for a professional endurance athlete, it's decent club standard.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    edited November 2021
    Pross said:

32:38 isn't that impressive for a professional endurance athlete, it's decent club standard.

agreed, for me it depends how much (if any) running these guys normally do? Its the weight-bearing / leg impact that is a big difference between cycling and running (for a similar duration and effort). They do 20-40 hours aerobic work a week in training, so the CV system is there.

The thing that I noted about Yate's marathon was not the time so much (it was ok but something that plenty of people achieve every year), it was that a few weeks earlier he'd been contending at Lombardia. To be be able to cope with 26 miles / 3 hours on his feet a few weeks later, off presumably relatively little running, was a fair effort.

Caveat to that is the new 'super shoes' do, according to people I know who have used them, save a lot of soreness in the legs vs 'normal' running shoes. Plus Yates must weight all of 60kg.
  • Pross
    My Vaporflys certainly leave my calves and shins in far better shape (but I think they change my gait so my hips feel it more).
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Padun confirmed as leaving Bahrain.

Destination not yet known, but rumoured to be EF.
  • Pross said:

He put over 20 mins into my weekend effort !
  • Pross

Pross said:

He put over 20 mins into my weekend effort !
    And about 13 minutes into my PB but he's a professional endurance athlete. My colleague can run a half marathon at a faster pace than that despite having a full time job and starting running about 8 years ago in his early 20s as an overweight student (his marathon PB would only be 15" per mile slower). He would have come 60th in a 10k near me back in May that attracts decent club athletes.
  • m.r.m.
    Strava tells me my 5k pace is 16:26 and I'm not even that keen on running compared to cycling. I would expect every GC contender to be able to be at his pace.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    16:26 is a damn fast 5k... Also it's not reasonable to just double that and assume it's your 10k time (obviously)

32:38 looks like it's on the fast side based on the keen club runners I know on Strava, but I have no real knowledge.

I got my PB down to 43:38, which I was extremely happy with... Then I realised that running is rubbish compared to cycling.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Ilan Wilder is leaving DSM, for a fee, and moving to DQS.
  • ddraver
    It's more that the cyclists just rock up and pull out these super fast times innit?

As in They've got no specific running training or skill but still post mega times
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver said:

It's more that the cyclists just rock up and pull out these super fast times innit?

As in They've got no specific running training or skill but still post mega times

Are they mega times though? Others have said they are decent club times. Put Mo Farah on a bike and he'll knock out a good quality 10 mile TT time.
  • m.r.m.
    Thing is, I think they have the training because they have the adapted physiology. Sure there is actual running technique, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is secondary to your physiology.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

Are they mega times though? Others have said they are decent club times. Put Mo Farah on a bike and he'll knock out a good quality 10 mile TT time.
    That would be dependant on whether he’s still in touch with his old coach ;)
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

I don't think he would break 24 minutes
  • ddraver
    edited November 2021
    Did we do this one here?

https://youtu.be/WwTT7M5Kvnc

Wouteke has some talent as an h'actoor
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

ddraver said:

I think it probably works more for a cyclist to run than a runner to cycle due to technical elements (from someone who has done both equally badly).

Definitely not mega times though, as I said before it would have earned 60th place at the Speedway 10k in Chepstow or 80th at Leeds Abbey Dash and I doubt many would recognise the names of the top 10 at either.
  • ddraver
    I accept that Season 1 of the Gerraint Thomas (eurgh) cycling club (?!?) podcast was a bit Mickey mouse for us hardcore cycling fans but I must say Season 2 is turning out pretty good.

This weeks with Fabian Cancellara will get you salivating for Omloop in a few months! There are a few other names that are likely to wet your whistle too...
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Valverde is tipped to become the temporary manager of Manchester United.

(Sadly a different Valverde. I would have liked to have seen some Movistar Madness at Old Trafford)
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    RichN95. said:

(Sadly a different Valverde. I would have liked to have seen some Movistar Madness at Old Trafford)

:D I saw that headline and it made me chuckle...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited November 2021
    RichN95. said:

Three (at least) strikers right :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ddraver
    Is the trident formation going to work on a wet tuesday night in Stoke..?
    - @ddraver