2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,161
    edited September 2021
    andyp said:

Pross said:

RichN95. said:

Bernal story isn’t going away. More rumours on Twitter that he’s moving teams.

I think there maybe a few considering their options. Dunbar is someone who needs to change teams IMO.
    I think Dunbar has been held back a bit by injury (and maybe illness?). I agree though, he could thrive somewhere with more of a free role.
    He was clearly happy with his role when he signed a two year deal last year. Wasn't he down to do the Giro, then missed out due to illness or injury, and then something similar happed for the Vuelta? The team clearly value him, so he might get a chance next season assuming he's fit and healthy.

I think significant changes are coming at Ineos, in terms of who is considered for the Tour squad after this year's relatively poor showing.

Yeah, he seems to have bad luck whenever he comes into form. He probably fills a mountain domestique role well but would potentially be a good bet for hilly stage wins and races like the Ardennes Classics somewhere less GC focussed. I'm not sure he would be a GT contender with the current crop of riders (decent showing in the only one he has done so far though). I think things are a bit distorted these days due to Pogacar and Bernal, now at 25 I'm probably guilty of expecting riders to be hitting their main objectives when in reality they are still young.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Diego Rosa (remember him?) to join EOLO-Kometa for next season.
  • andyp
    Have we had Viviani staying at Cofidis yet as well? That's the current rumour.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    I thought he was supposed to be moving to Ineos, as weird as that move was?
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771

Anyone mentioned Brailsford yet? Ah yes, I need to read.

Brailsford apparently has now advised the team he’s not going away.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505

Did the report not come from the same source that said Bernal was leaving?
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,188

Sportful to Total Direct Energie with Sagan.
    Le Col to Bora, presumably Bora have accumulated a large number of Le Col discount vouchers for completing Strava challenges.

Too bad that they missed out on half-price bib shorts last weekend
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    roscoe said:

Did the report not come from the same source that said Bernal was leaving?
    Not sure , it’s hard keeping up with the constant bombardment of ‘news’ from CN as they make every Twitter rumour into a story!
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Vino has bought the right to jaws 5 and is setting it in Kazakhstan...

"You need more big boat!"
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    The shark is cycling home.
    Nibali to Astana then
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's been confirmed. Along with his brother.

They're also linked to Lopez, Moscon, De La Cruz. Leonardo Basso and Conti
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    RichN95. said:

I thought his brother had another year at Trek. Has he been released early?
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Lopez and Moscon in the same team should keep the management busy!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp said:

RichN95. said:

I thought his brother had another year at Trek. Has he been released early?

On a second look that bit hasn't been confirmed. But I expect they'll let him go.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    Ion Izagirre leaving Astana for Cofidis.

That's how bad things have got at Astana.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Jumbo-VIsma finally confirm signing Dutch XCO Champion......Milan Vader, from KMC-Orbea.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyp
    Coryn Rivera is leaving Team DSM to join Jumbo-Visma apparently. Strikes me as an odd one as she's a very similar rider to Marianne Vos, although clearly without the same palmares.
  • Doull to EF
  • Pross
    Match made in heaven.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited September 2021
    Perhaps fuelled by Dennis moving in.

Quite the change at Ineos, and not just the older riders with the likes of Moscon and Doull leaving - be interesting to see who they are going to be signing over the next few months, looks like a major overhaul has been called for.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    daniel_b said:

Won the Giro & podium on the Tour vs....has hissy fit and won a TT worlds, which Tom has also won?

Tom's a delicate rider who probably would enjoy not having so much limelight and being the most interesting and talented Dutch rider on the main Dutch team probably isn't good for him.
  • daniel_b said:

Won the Giro & podium on the Tour vs....has hissy fit and won a TT worlds, which Tom has also won?

Tom's a delicate rider who probably would enjoy not having so much limelight and being the most interesting and talented Dutch rider on the main Dutch team probably isn't good for him.
    Indeed. The Dennis move was probably more likely looking to bolster the engine room with Tony Martin retiring.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited September 2021
    Be a shame not to see that trio destroying it in a TTT though.

IF it happens of course.

"A report in L’Equipe suggesting Tom Dumoulin could break his contract at Jumbo-Visma and move to BikeExchange for 2022 has quickly been denied, but Cyclingnews understands the Dutchman could join the Australian team in 2023, when his current deal is set to expire.

The French sports newspaper splashed a report of Dumoulin’s possible move on their website, claiming that “talks have advanced well in the last few days,” and suggesting the transfer would happen for the 2022 season.

L’Equipe suggested that Giant want Dumoulin as a figurehead of the team. The claim caused a stir but Dumoulin’s management told quickly Wielerflits they knew nothing of the L’Equipe report, while Jumbo-Visma told the Dutch-language site they “never respond to rumours.” BikeExchange declined to comment when contacted by Cyclingnews.

Cyclingnews understands that the transfer is unlikely to happen for the 2022 season but could take place in 2023, when Dumoulin’s contract with Jumbo-Visma comes to an end."

Might get the opportunity then - assuming any of the GT's have it in their schedule, and all 3 are picked.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

Be a shame not to see that trio destroying it in a TTT though.

IF it happens of course.

"A report in L’Equipe suggesting Tom Dumoulin could break his contract at Jumbo-Visma and move to BikeExchange for 2022 has quickly been denied, but Cyclingnews understands the Dutchman could join the Australian team in 2023, when his current deal is set to expire.

The French sports newspaper splashed a report of Dumoulin’s possible move on their website, claiming that “talks have advanced well in the last few days,” and suggesting the transfer would happen for the 2022 season.

L’Equipe suggested that Giant want Dumoulin as a figurehead of the team. The claim caused a stir but Dumoulin’s management told quickly Wielerflits they knew nothing of the L’Equipe report, while Jumbo-Visma told the Dutch-language site they “never respond to rumours.” BikeExchange declined to comment when contacted by Cyclingnews.

Cyclingnews understands that the transfer is unlikely to happen for the 2022 season but could take place in 2023, when Dumoulin’s contract with Jumbo-Visma comes to an end."

Might get the opportunity then - assuming any of the GT's have it in their schedule, and all 3 are picked.

Might be having a brain block but didn't think any WT team were on Giant at the mo? Suggests Bike Ex are switching again.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Yes, that is being reported.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Looks like Qhubeka-Nexthash will be no more:

https://cyclingnews.com/news/qhubeka-nexthash-on-the-brink-as-riders-told-to-make-alternative-plans/

No-one saw that coming, I'll bet
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.