2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Ned Boulting mentioned today that James Shaw was heading back to the WT. Anyone know where?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • roscoe
    roscoe Posts: 505
    Cycling news saying Omar Fraile to Ineos. Max Kanter to Movistar. Lopez still not certain but could be leaving for Astana
  • roscoe
    Some bizarre, never heard of news feed popped up on my Facebook today suggesting Bernal to Israel start up. Due to a breakdown in relations at Ineos.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    roscoe said:

Some bizarre, never heard of news feed popped up on my Facebook today suggesting Bernal to Israel start up. Due to a breakdown in relations at Ineos.

That sounds very unlikely - what was the source?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited September 2021
    daniel_b said:

roscoe said:

Beppe Conti, whose track record is patchy on these matters

A twitter search for his name brings this up

Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Why would there be a break down of anything? He is their number 1 rider on the roster and won the Giro. There are only 2 other better GC riders in the world. Seems highly doubtful. Neither side would benefit from this.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    Current XC MTB World ranked No1 rider Victor Koretzky off to B&B Hotels for 3 years; looks like another rider leaving KMC-Orbea.

https://www.bbhotels-cycling.bzh/du-vtt-a-la-route-victor-koretzky-fait-le-grand-saut-en-glaz.php
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Does anyone believe anything from a sports agents mouth? They have often been accused of planting similar stories to drive up the "price" of their athlete. It may indeed be (and probably is) a non story but until the rider says something it's still a possibility.
  • roscoe
    RichN95. said:

daniel_b said:

roscoe said:

Beppe Conti, whose track record is patchy on these matters

A twitter search for his name brings this up

His agent now denying everything apparently
  • carbonclem

Ned Boulting mentioned today that James Shaw was heading back to the WT. Anyone know where?

EF. Great news.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,399
    Merhawi Kudus also to EF
  • Superman leaving Movistar on 1st October
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,393
    Cav's reached agreement on wages & bonusses, but not race schedule yet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    andyrac said:

Current XC MTB World ranked No1 rider Victor Koretzky off to B&B Hotels for 3 years; looks like another rider leaving KMC-Orbea.

https://www.bbhotels-cycling.bzh/du-vtt-a-la-route-victor-koretzky-fait-le-grand-saut-en-glaz.php

Not so much apparently...

Someone has made a boo boo
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    No - I had opened instagram for another notification, and then noticed a post from KMC-Orbea; it seems his contract runs until the end of next year.

Also, the Vader to Jumbo-Visma hasn't actually been confirmed yet - though Bart mentioned it yesterday on the RedBull coverage.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95.
    edited September 2021
    andyrac said:

Also, the Vader to Jumbo-Visma hasn't actually been confirmed yet - though Bart mentioned it yesterday on the RedBull coverage.

The days of the Sky 'Death Star' are truly over
  • carbonclem
    Bernal story isn’t going away. More rumours on Twitter that he’s moving teams.
  • RichN95.

I think there maybe a few considering their options. Dunbar is someone who needs to change teams IMO.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    If I was advising Bernal (money aside) I would recommend he stay.
  • carbonclem
    CN saying that Brailsford will move on to wider Ineos sport role leaving Rod E in his role as team manager.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Incidentally, do we know how his health is holding up?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    ddraver said:

Incidentally, do we know how his health is holding up?

Just this really - well as far as I could see:

"However, the 57-year-old Brailsford revealed in July that he has overcome prostate cancer and heart surgery in recent years and hinted he may step away from the stressful team management role. "
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Hopefully he's getting back well and over his health issues.

The report suggests he's moving away from the cycling team to oversee ineos teams across multiple sports, so if he is to become the management face of those then the stress levels will probably be just as high, possibly indicating health wasn't the reason for the change of role.
  • RichN95.
    redvision said:

Hopefully he's getting back well and over his health issues.

The report suggests he's moving away from the cycling team to oversee ineos teams across multiple sports, so if he is to become the management face of those then the stress levels will probably be just as high, possibly indicating health wasn't the reason for the change of role.

It's a move that's been on the cards for a while I think. Ineos need someone to oversee their ever increasing sport empire.

Either that or he's taken Ineos's move to disc brakes very badly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,161
    RichN95. said:

I think there maybe a few considering their options. Dunbar is someone who needs to change teams IMO.
    I think Dunbar has been held back a bit by injury (and maybe illness?). I agree though, he could thrive somewhere with more of a free role.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

I think Dunbar has been held back a bit by injury (and maybe illness?). I agree though, he could thrive somewhere with more of a free role.
    He was clearly happy with his role when he signed a two year deal last year. Wasn't he down to do the Giro, then missed out due to illness or injury, and then something similar happed for the Vuelta? The team clearly value him, so he might get a chance next season assuming he's fit and healthy.

I think significant changes are coming at Ineos, in terms of who is considered for the Tour squad after this year's relatively poor showing.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited September 2021
    Anyone mentioned Brailsford yet? Ah yes, I need to read.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Apparently only the one Sagan going to TotalEnergies - fewer sidekicks than anticipated moving with him.
  • RichN95.
    dish_dash said:

Apparently only the one Sagan going to TotalEnergies - fewer sidekicks than anticipated moving with him.

Who knew that Juraj would be a casualty of the current energy crisis