joe biden

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    pangolin said:

david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I can see why y'all like Biden. As a senator he teamed up the Byrd (KKK) to block busing for school desegregation. He supported banning gays in the military by supporting "Don't ask, don't tell and was against gay marriage by supporting the Defense of marriage act which defined marriage as one man and one woman.

I'm sure he's woke, now.

The wokarati have excellent coping mechanisms. They ignore that which is not in favour.
    Are the wokarati some kind of stir fry club?
    Sound a bit like an aftershave from the 70's if anyone is old enough to remember 'Hai Karate'. But I do like the term :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Christ why do we suddenly have a flood of window lickers on the forum?

A surprising choice of phrase.
    Well quite, if any of us had used a term mocking the mentally handicapped there would have been outrage.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/window_licker

Another case of 'do as I say don't do as I do' ?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,317
    Stevo_666 said:

Well quite, if any of us had used a term mocking the mentally handicapped there would have been outrage.

Seem to remember you and coop having a good laugh at a video of a mentally handicapped bloke overreacting to poor social distancing in a cafe.

He wasn't actually wearing a sign saying what condition he had so I guess you had a thin veneer of deniability.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Stevo_666
    pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Seem to remember you and coop having a good laugh at a video of a mentally handicapped bloke overreacting to poor social distancing in a cafe.

He wasn't actually wearing a sign saying what condition he had so I guess you had a thin veneer of deniability.
    So do you think it's OK for Rick to use that phrase?
  • pangolin
    Nope
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited November 2020
    pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Ah, whataboutism!

Seem to remember you gleefully posting about donating money to an anti-Semitic organisation...(you even posted an image of your donation)
  • rick_chasey
    Best single of the 90s
  • pangolin
    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Bally and Stevo suddenly being concerned about PC phrasing Coop. I know how riled up you get when anyone does anything hypocritical so you were probably about to correct them too.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Stevo_666
    pangolin said:

Nope

Good. I thought for a minute you were trying to give him a free pass.
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited November 2020
    pangolin said:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of Bally and Stevo suddenly being concerned about PC phrasing Coop. I know how riled up you get when anyone does anything hypocritical so you were probably about to correct them too.

Seemed to me and others like you are trying to deflect away from Rick's actions being called out when he is the biggest hypocrite on this forum.

Talking of hypocrites, why did you only attempt to call out Stevo and not the instigator himself?
  • pangolin
    Because the example I had involved Stevo? Keep up.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Stevo_666
    pangolin said:

Because the example I had involved Stevo? Keep up.

Fair play for saying you don't approve, but it was interesting that your first reaction was to have a pop at me rather than hauling up Rick.
  • Stevo_666

Best single of the 90s

I never knew there was a single called 'getting a taste of your own medicine'? ;)
  • Unfinished sympathy.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pangolin said:

Don't recall using such a phrase.
  • Bitter sweet symphony.
  • Welcome to the wokarati guys.
  • ballysmate

Best single of the 90s

Specsavers do hearing tests as well as eye tests, you know.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

pangolin said:

david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I can see why y'all like Biden. As a senator he teamed up the Byrd (KKK) to block busing for school desegregation. He supported banning gays in the military by supporting "Don't ask, don't tell and was against gay marriage by supporting the Defense of marriage act which defined marriage as one man and one woman.

I'm sure he's woke, now.

The wokarati have excellent coping mechanisms. They ignore that which is not in favour.
    Sound a bit like an aftershave from the 70's if anyone is old enough to remember 'Hai Karate'. But I do like the term :)
    I remember the advert where the bloke has to fight em off.
    It's a cross some of us have to bear.
  • rick_chasey

Best single of the 90s

Specsavers do hearing tests as well as eye tests, you know.

https://mixmag.net/feature/aphex-twin-warp-30

Not that you’ll read it
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

Stevo_666 said:

pangolin said:

david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I'm sure he's woke, now.

I feel your pain Bally. Denim was a personal favourite of mine.
  • I saw Aphex Twin in, I think, 1993. Line up at one of Hawkwind’s late-night Brixton Academy gigs. He’s clearly talented and pushes boundaries. I love jazz, but some hate it because it’s basically very talented musicians doing something slightly indulgent. That’s Aphex Twin for me - could have been a pioneer, but became a self-indulgent w**ker.

“Window-licker” is a disgusting insult. Just because the Cornish spliff-head used it doesn’t mean it should be common parlance. I thought we’d moved on from such cruel language. Shame on you.
  • rick_chasey
    Fair enough. I figured it was fine as they plainly don’t have a mental illness they’re just trolls but obviously not.

• ballysmate
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

pangolin said:

david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I'm sure he's woke, now.

So, you didn't have to try too hard then
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

pangolin said:

david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I'm sure he's woke, now.

So, you didn't have to try too hard then
    Correct. When adverts had proper men in them 😉
  • ballysmate
    Old Spice, the mark of a man.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I was always a Brut fan. Mainly because you could buy little bottles for 50p.
  • ballysmate
    Splash it all over.

• Fair enough. I figured it was fine as they plainly don’t have a mental illness they’re just trolls but obviously not.

Thank you