Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,939
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here you go Brian.

pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Christ why do we suddenly have a flood of window lickers on the forum?

A surprising choice of phrase.
    Well quite, if any of us had used a term mocking the mentally handicapped there would have been outrage.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/window_licker

Another case of 'do as I say don't do as I do' ?
    Seem to remember you and coop having a good laugh at a video of a mentally handicapped bloke overreacting to poor social distancing in a cafe.

He wasn't actually wearing a sign saying what condition he had so I guess you had a thin veneer of deniability.

You have a curious definition of 'people rushing to defend him'.
    Whatever - it was a side point anyway. The main point was what Rick said, but I notice you haven't commented on that.

Does everyone have to comment on every post that is questionable?

Why don't you just do what Rick did, and apologise for making an unfounded allegation? No-one defended him. Not one.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here you go Brian.

pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Well quite, if any of us had used a term mocking the mentally handicapped there would have been outrage.

Seem to remember you and coop having a good laugh at a video of a mentally handicapped bloke overreacting to poor social distancing in a cafe.

He wasn't actually wearing a sign saying what condition he had so I guess you had a thin veneer of deniability.

Whatever - it was a side point anyway. The main point was what Rick said, but I notice you haven't commented on that.

you may want to quietly climb down from the moral high ground
  • So much whining from the newly woke on this thread.

I guess Biden just isn't doing anything crazy.
  • Woke or asleep it's boring on Biden thread. Unlike trump thread which is kicking off a bit over Brexit of all totally irrelevant to trump things.

Is that not a bit like the two candidates? Boring Joe and random but amusing sidetracked trump!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here you go Brian.

pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

No thanks. I'm not on it (unlike some) but feel free to quote where I did that.

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here you go Brian.

pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Does everyone have to comment on every post that is questionable?

Why don't you just do what Rick did, and apologise for making an unfounded allegation? No-one defended him. Not one.
    If there's any unfounded allegations made I'll be happy with apologise. Trouble is I can't see one. Now get your jogging kit ready.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Here you go Brian.

pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

No thanks. I'm not on any high ground for starters but Pangolin seems to remember something that I don't.

Good try at whataboutery though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,317
    Since you asked...
    Stevo_666 said:

Rick has been caught on camera in a takeaway food establishment (1:15 onwards :cold_sweat: )

What a tw@t :D
    The video no longer shows because, according to twitter, the account has been suspended. Hmm.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,702
    Really don't get this 'reverse virtue signalling' thing. Making a big show of how unoffended you are by stuff like some sort of Laurence Fox stand-in. It's all a bit look-at-me-aren't-I-edgy?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,647
    Oh god it's still going on here as well....
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2020
    pangolin said:

Since you asked...

Stevo_666 said:

Rick has been caught on camera in a takeaway food establishment (1:15 onwards :cold_sweat: )

What a tw@t :D
    The video no longer shows because, according to twitter, the account has been suspended. Hmm.
    Well exactly - I laughed at a video of someone behaving like a bit of a kn0b, that's all. As you said upthread, there was no mention of mental illness in the tweet and it didn't occur to me TBH.

Hope you didn't spend too long looking for that. Anyway, better luck next time ;)
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    Credit to Biden on his vaccine roll out.

His thread needs a bit of help, so it's the least I could do.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,274

He's just getting on with it. Thank god trump is such an idiot that he threw those two Georgia senate seats away.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806
    New national leader is not a megalomaniac. Simple.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet
    pblakeney said:

True, but I also think he'd been doing an awful lot of preparation in all spheres of what he needed in place for the word go: executive orders to overturn as much Trump legislative damage as possible, a long list of political appointees lined up for confirmation, and just being experienced in government.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,806

pblakeney said:

True, but I also think he'd been doing an awful lot of preparation in all spheres of what he needed in place for the word go: executive orders to overturn as much Trump legislative damage as possible, a long list of political appointees lined up for confirmation, and just being experienced in government.
    Yeah. The opposite of the megalomaniac. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • focuszing723
    Biden stepping up his thread game by calling Putin a killer.
  • kingstongraham
    Hit his "100 million vaccine doses in 100 days" target 42 days ahead of schedule.
  • briantrumpet

Putin hit back with a very mature "It takes one to know one" retort.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740

I mean, in fairness, I would guess it was 50/50 about who authorises more assassinations a year, Putin or any of the last 3 presidents.
  • focuszing723

Yeah, Russia pulled their ambassador back too.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

I mean, in fairness, I would guess it was 50/50 about who authorises more assassinations a year, Putin or any of the last 3 presidents.
    I do find our collective myopia fascinating.

We accuse China of following a policy of expansionism and send an aircraft carrier halfway around the world to intimidate them into submission. It is almost funny to think of the hysteria if they sent a carrier fleet to steam around the Med for a year and maybe another one to do slow laps of the British Isles
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740

We accuse China of following a policy of expansionism and send an aircraft carrier halfway around the world to intimidate them into submission. It is almost funny to think of the hysteria if they sent a carrier fleet to steam around the Med for a year and maybe another one to do slow laps of the British Isles
    UK is literally sending an aircraft carrier to asia as we speak
  • surrey_commuter

UK is literally sending an aircraft carrier to asia as we speak
    you should read my post
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

So there's no difference between "deter a policy of expansion" and "intimidate into submission"?
  • surrey_commuter

So there's no difference between "deter a policy of expansion" and "intimidate into submission"?
    try and see it from a Chinese point of view
  • kingstongraham
    China and Russia do joint exercises, have been in the Med and the Baltic.

It's normal in international waters, this is just the USA saying "these are international waters".
  • focuszing723
    edited March 2021

try and see it from a Chinese point of view

I'm looking at it through the perspective of a Chinese made laptop. Damn I helped them on their quest to become the new superpower.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313

I rate Putin the winner in that, his kill rate may be lower but his panache is higher with bondesque poisoned underpants and nerve agent on handles.
  • focuszing723

I hope Putin hasn't got anything to do with this?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,317
    Think he was just russian up them too quickly.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono