joe biden

Comments

• swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

swjohnsey said:

Remember, Algore conceded after six weeks!

That was close though. This isn't.
    Coulda fooled me.
    He is at least 10 times as far behind in four times as many states. He lost the popular vote by at least 3% (rather than less than 0.5%). It is an absurd comparison and you well know it.
    In other words, Algore refused to concede the election. Well, he actually did concede and then retracted the concession.
    Yes, but interestingly they cooperated okay while the supreme court decided on a specific issue in one state, relevant to a few hundred votes.

H. Clinton won/lost by a much narrower margin.

You are going to tell us that Nixon was an honest guy caught in a sting contrived by Borat, next.
    Nope. I don't think there is such a thing as an honest politician.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,823
    That's how they get you.

They tell you no-one is honest and they're all corrupt so when they do it you turn a blind eye.

The mugs are the ones who let them do it.
  • That's how they get you.

They tell you no-one is honest and they're all corrupt so when they do it you turn a blind eye.

Y'all have some honest politicians in the U.K? I'm impressed!
  • rick_chasey
    Have higher standards.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,663
    swjohnsey said:

That's how they get you.

Y'all have some honest politicians in the U.K? I'm impressed!
    It is a question of degrees. "Alternative facts" is straight from the USSR communist play book. Deny deny deny. History will not be kind on this period of US politics.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Tulsi Gabbard comes across as a polician with conviction in what I have seen of her, regardless of her policies.

Plus Hillary hates her, so must have something about her.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,765
    Politician with conviction - you mean like Chris Huhne?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ballysmate
    rjsterry said:

Politician with conviction - you mean like Chris Huhne?

:D not quite
  • rick_chasey
    post of the week
  • ballysmate
    Joe Biden received 5.08m more of the popular vote than Trump. 4.9m of these votes were from California.
    An illustration of how divided the rest of the US is.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • ballysmate
    No divisions then Pango?
    Obviously an easy job for Joe to unite the country and get everyone behind him.
    A 200,000 margin across 49 states would tend to suggest division, but hey ho.
  • pangolin
    edited November 2020
    Yehbut you make it sound like California had a clear win, and the rest were all on a razor. Biden got around twice as many votes as Trump in California. There are plenty of other states that got around twice as many votes for one candidate or the other. It's just that once you total up the whole country, the difference happens to be similar to the margin in California.

It's not a 200k margin across 49 states, it's a 5 million margin across 50 states, there is a big difference.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,663

No divisions then Pango?

It is pretty shocking. But you can see why there is such opposition to much in the way of federal government - one way or another it doesn't represent half the country. Seems to be just as bad a divide between the urban dwellers and the country bumkins even within each state.
  • To me it shows how weird it is to have one California and two Dakotas.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,875
    edited November 2020

No divisions then Pango?

It is pretty shocking. But you can see why there is such opposition to much in the way of federal government - one way or another it doesn't represent half the country. Seems to be just as bad a divide between the urban dwellers and the country bumkins even within each state.
    That just depends on how deep you look. There will be divisions in every city. Heck, there might even be divisions in a family. What does matter is how those divisions are united.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited November 2020
    Biden 52% - Trump 48%

Remoaner hypocrisy is 4.5 years old and counting

:smiley:
  • Biden 52% - Trump 48%

It's telling that you think not wanting a psychopathic gibbon in charge of one of our main allies is a remainer opinion.
  • Biden 52% - Trump 48%

It's telling that you think not wanting a psychopathic gibbon in charge of one of our main allies is a remainer opinion.
    Don't be so hard on Biden.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,586

Biden 52% - Trump 48%

tory/brexit party 45.6%
    pro-ref/remain > 50%

traitor whiner leavers continue to act against the will of the people
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • I can see why y'all like Biden. As a senator he teamed up the Byrd (KKK) to block busing for school desegregation. He supported banning gays in the military by supporting "Don't ask, don't tell and was against gay marriage by supporting the Defense of marriage act which defined marriage as one man and one woman.

I'm sure he's woke, now.
  • Biden 52% - Trump 48%

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of remoaners that none of them are bringing up the excuses they have used since 2016. Sunlight is the best form of disinfectant.

I have always advocated accepting democratic votes and losers consent, and that is what I believe should happen with this result. Your response just shows you are still sucking on lemons daily, rather than calling out remoaners and their disgusting attitude to democracy over the last 4.5 years.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    swjohnsey said:

I can see why y'all like Biden. As a senator he teamed up the Byrd (KKK) to block busing for school desegregation. He supported banning gays in the military by supporting "Don't ask, don't tell and was against gay marriage by supporting the Defense of marriage act which defined marriage as one man and one woman.

I'm sure he's woke, now.

The wokarati have excellent coping mechanisms. They ignore that which is not in favour.
  • Biden 52% - Trump 48%

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of remoaners that none of them are bringing up the excuses they have used since 2016. Sunlight is the best form of disinfectant.

I have always advocated accepting democratic votes and losers consent, and that is what I believe should happen with this result. Your response just shows you are still sucking on lemons daily, rather than calling out remoaners and their disgusting attitude to democracy over the last 4.5 years.
    Yes, sorry for being the one that brought up Brexit. 🤦‍♂️
  • swjohnsey said:

I can see why y'all like Biden. As a senator he teamed up the Byrd (KKK) to block busing for school desegregation. He supported banning gays in the military by supporting "Don't ask, don't tell and was against gay marriage by supporting the Defense of marriage act which defined marriage as one man and one woman.

I'm sure he's woke, now.

Maybe not every old man stays stuck with the attitudes of the past.
  • pangolin
    david37 said:

swjohnsey said:

I'm sure he's woke, now.

The wokarati have excellent coping mechanisms. They ignore that which is not in favour.
    Are the wokarati some kind of stir fry club?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,952

Biden 52% - Trump 48%

Indeed, as is the democratic way Republicans will accept this result as a permanent arrangement and make no attempt to oppose or in any way mitigate the incoming President's agenda.

This matter is now settled

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Biden 52% - Trump 48%

Indeed, as is the democratic way Republicans will accept this result as a permanent arrangement and make no attempt to oppose or in any way mitigate the incoming President's agenda.

This matter is now settled

Clearly an overwhelming mandate for defunding the police, despite Biden saying that wasn't what he was going to do.
  • rick_chasey
    edited November 2020
    Christ why do we suddenly have a flood of window lickers on the forum?
  • ballysmate

Christ why do we suddenly have a flood of window lickers on the forum?

A surprising choice of phrase.