Eurosport player

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    GCN does seem to have ironed out most of its issues. Unless you watch other sports on ES, I'd say that's the way to go.

(I haven't checked but I wonder if the Global Nordic Skiing Network Racepass may be on the way too)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Well, if we are still racing over the next couple of weeks, GCN or Eurosport player look to be essential.
    Eurosport planning to cover Giro/Ronde and Giro/Vuelta live on the same tv channel, which has to mean chopping back and forth.

Rubbish idea given the tennis has finished.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Vuelta today had an ambient sound option on the Eurosport player, very welcome.

Not noticed it on Giro coverage, maybe I was more accepting of Rob Hatch and not needed to go looking for it.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    edited October 2020
    It’s been there for most races but you’re right it could be a preferable option for Vuelta.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Itv4 is better for the Vuelta, even if you’re paying for the ad free coverage. I’d rather watch Zwift adverts rather than listen to Kirby.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Eurosport player has the usual, half price Black Friday deal available until the end of the month.
    That's the good news.
    The bad news is the usual bad news: not available to existing customers.

Now, I understand that last year, despite this, it did renew at the special offer price.
    This year, we all get an extra 4 months tagged on for free, but my account shows that it will be full price to pay, next March.

Any thoughts?
    No idea whether cancelling subscription and renewing would be an option.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799

Eurosport player has the usual, half price Black Friday deal available until the end of the month.
    That's the good news.

Now, I understand that last year, despite this, it did renew at the special offer price.
    This year, we all get an extra 4 months tagged on for free, but my account shows that it will be full price to pay, next March.

Any thoughts?

Last time there was this conundrum the solution was to simply use an alternative email address. Humming and ho-ing as to just see out the next 4 months and decide then. Might just go GCN.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

Eurosport player has the usual, half price Black Friday deal available until the end of the month.
    That's the good news.

Any thoughts?

Facing the same predicament.
    I'm leaning towards using a different email to take advantage of the offer (even though the existing subscription runs until March) but going to wait until black Friday just in case GCN have a similar deal.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    for those who have GCN and Eurosport what would you recommend ? Mainly watch cycling on Eurosport, but they do have some motor sport and a few other events I may watch now and again
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    GCN is good for me. Not having a PS4 app is a minor annoyance but it does chrome cast pretty well.

I did watch a bit of skiing on a Sunday sometimes but only for hangover viewing. Don't really miss it.
  • GCN is good for me. Not having a PS4 app is a minor annoyance but it does chrome cast pretty well.

I did watch a bit of skiing on a Sunday sometimes but only for hangover viewing. Don't really miss it.

The other obvious (major) downside being that it currently costs twice as much as the Eurosport player.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Well sure, that is a bit of a downside.

I already paid for GCN when it was 19.99 though
  • Cancelled BT TV (only real reason to have it was for Eurosport and the price has gone way up in last few years). Already have a GCN sub for watching via laptop etc, but 19.99 for 1 yr for a bit of extra athletics and winter sports seemed decent vs. the £25 a month BT were charging.
    Not sure what the OH is going to say when she can no longer watch a load of 'reality' rubbish on 'E'....
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    just cancelled my subscription from account and got offered 50% reduction for the year,same as BF deal.. kicks in when current one ends April next year
  • pblakeney
    indyp said:

just cancelled my subscription from account and got offered 50% reduction for the year,same as BF deal.. kicks in when current one ends April next year

Done! Cheers! 🍻
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • indyp said:

Are you sure? Sure I'm sure, now where's my 50% off?
    Thanks, just done the same.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Thanks Indyp. That 50% off if you start to cancel is still working.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Good spot that.
  • Another thanks to indyp just got the offer on my and also on my Ma's account
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    edited November 2020
    I canceleed my sub ages ago, so just now set up a new e-mail address with a 1 on the end purely for this. I've subscribed on the PC, but there seems to be no way to change it on the app.

I go to change the address to the new one, and it tells me it already exists.

I unistalled and re-installed the app, but it still caches through my original account details - bit of a pain, as I used to use it to cast to my TV, but not going to be able to as stands.
    I could and likely will try their support, but if memory serves they take weeks to get back to you.

EDIT: Have sent in a ticket, will update when/if they respond.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,640
    daniel_b said:

I canceleed my sub ages ago, so just now set up a new e-mail address with a 1 on the end purely fort this. I've subscribed on the PC, but there seems to be no way to change it on the app.

I unistalled and re-installed the app, but it still caches through my original account details - bit of a pain, as I used to use it to cast to my TV, but not going to be able to as stands.
    I could and likely will try their support, but if memory serves they take weeks to get back to you.

I would have thought if you go to your app settings and tap clear data, it will do the job.
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited November 2020
    daniel_b said:

I canceleed my sub ages ago, so just now set up a new e-mail address with a 1 on the end purely for this. I've subscribed on the PC, but there seems to be no way to change it on the app.

Try searching for the original email address used in the registery (run regedit.exe)

If you find in a folder view that is obvious that it is the Eurosport app that will be where it is stored(you may find it multiple times) and you can edit it to the new address (if you make any changes record the changes you have made so you can undo them)

*If what Bigbean has suggested does not work
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Just to confirm what I have just done to my Eurosport sub in the light of the Black Friday 50% deal -- I went to my account settings and the renewal date was 31st March 2021 at the full price of £40.
    I cancelled the subscription but immediately it flagged up
    "Do you want to take up the special offer 19.99?"
    I clicked yes and it all went thru via my PayPal .
    Current sub cancelled but it will renew next March at 19.99.
  • pblakeney
    jgsi said:

Just to confirm what I have just done to my Eurosport sub in the light of the Black Friday 50% deal -- I went to my account settings and the renewal date was 31st March 2021 at the full price of £40.
    I cancelled the subscription but immediately it flagged up
    "Do you want to take up the special offer 19.99?"
    I clicked yes and it all went thru via my PayPal .
    Current sub cancelled but it will renew next March at 19.99.

I got confirmation that my sub will renew next March, and that payment will not be taken till then. 🤔
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Thanks for the heads up(s). Just followed suit, renewed from next June at 19.99 for the year, card payment to be taken then. 👍
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Good work, renewed from March 👍
  • Eurosport's first live coverage of the year is the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana, starting a week today.

Likely to have a very good startlist too, with the TDU cancelled and limited choice elsewhere.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    The cycling show on both platforms last night was decent
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Correction.
    The GP Marseillaise is live on the ES player, this Sunday, 13-30 to 15-30
  • It was a decent finish as well.

Nice to see some sun and rugged coastline although the number of members of the public on the course in cars was a worry.