2018: Tour de Yorkshire (2.1) May3rd-6th. *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Pross wrote:
    I'm amazed Astana allowed such a big group to go that's filled with riders within a minute on GC. I can't see anyone else working with them and they seemed to let the gap grow in favour of keeping numbers. Park Rash looked brutal, 7km/h at one point!

they were sore-legged on the first climb...couldn't respond. too much Yorkshire in their legs from the previous 3 days.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    look at them...they are stuck to the road.

heavy legged
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    That gap's starting to go out again, isn't it? Great ride by Rossetto, regardless of whether he can hold them off or not.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    look at them...they are stuck to the road.

heavy legged

I don't think they went there expecting to be defending a GC, probably set up more as a lead out team for a stage win or two. BMC by far the strongest squad.
  • Pross
    Trying to work out what Sky's plan is. They've been sitting just behind Astana, are they just trying to be visible or is someone planning on trying to bridge?
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    My man 2017

not selected but 'The break becomes more interesting award' Stephane Rossetto

Yes one of my (more obscure ) men dishing it out

allez Stephane
  • Pross
    Shedding the deadwood in the chase group which is probably needed. 6-8 committed riders would be ideal.
  • Pross
    Ligthart, who has been the most lively in the chase group, punctures as Chavanel attacks. Couldn't tell if Chavanel knew.
  • Pross
    Coquard having a good ride after yesterday's disappointment. Peloton reduced to what looks like 50 or so riders.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Tried to get ITV Player working at work but it won't

Can someone do me a race situation including time gaps please?
  • Pross
    edited May 2018
    Rosetta in the lead with over 8 minutes to the peloton / blue jersey. Group of about 15 at 5 minutes or so from Rosetta.

55k to go, just on the penultimate climb.

Ligthart has now got off the front of the chasers.
  • takethehighroad
    One man is 5 minutes ahead of the rest?!?!?! How did that happen?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Rosetto out front, chase group including Chavenal at about 4' 20, main group led by Astana at 7'55. 55 km to go.Few more teams starting to help Astana.
  • Pross

It ripped apart on the second? climb just after the first break was caught, a small group got away and he rode away before Park Rash.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

He just rode faster than the rest :D

He was in a 2 man break with a canyon eisberg rider but got bored and rode away from him. Astana have been more concerned with retaining their numbers than chasing
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Race blew up early (as you'd expect). Astana in particular in all sorts of bother. Astana have been marking the second group on the road, the second group on the road were marking Astana, Rossetto took about three minutes on everyone over Park Rash...
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Gap starting to come down quite quickly though - about twenty seconds in the last three km.
  • takethehighroad
    Thanks for the updates! Sounds like a cracker

I'm recording the whole thing, I'm working from home tomorrow so I may have it on in the background
  • Pross
    Scott Davies is in a good position, he can just sit in as DD are now chasing for Pauwels.
  • mididoctors
    Pross wrote:

It ripped apart on the second? climb just after the first break was caught, a small group got away and he rode away before Park Rash.
    #

first climb

Rossetto was in lead group out of Hebdon bridge...lead group whittled down each climb till he was solo.
  • mididoctors
    the bunch have to go full gas behind now in the final 50k or so.
  • Pross
    Forgot he was in that first break.
  • mididoctors
    that peloton is not so big now.

attacks out the bunch on greenhow hill.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    50km to go, gap to the main group - which is ripping itself to pieces on Greenhow Hill - is down to 6'40"
  • mididoctors
    astana challenge parking up on the Greenhow hill. one Yorkshire leg breaker too far I think.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2018
    magnus cort N dropped

owain doull attacks out of chasing group
  • mididoctors
    Tannfield ahead of MCN
  • mididoctors
    MCN fights back to GVA group looks pretty cooked
  • mididoctors
    peloton reduced to 25 riders now
  • mididoctors
    gva blocking in peloton