2018: Tour de Yorkshire (2.1) May3rd-6th. *Spoilers*

Comments

• argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Eurosport have a 90 min slot for the highlights yet not even mentioned the women's race, never mind even showed any of it. Poor effort imo

It was live.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Eurosport have a 90 min slot for the highlights yet not even mentioned the women's race, never mind even showed any of it. Poor effort imo

It was live.

Yeah as was the men's race right? Doesn't mean they couldn't show a few km's again like
  • rob13
    rob13 Posts: 430
    Top result for Harry, and a close finish with the main bunch. I'll get to view it on the route tomorrow. I expect a good finish up the c&c and should make for good viewing.
  • ShutupJens
    Rob13 wrote:
    Top result for Harry, and a close finish with the main bunch. I'll get to view it on the route tomorrow. I expect a good finish up the c&c and should make for good viewing.

First uphill finish. The run into and through Ilkley is going to be full bore, can expect KOMs to be dropping like flies!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Well, that was a totally banging finish Reeet up thar yorkshire
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Itv4 gave a good share to the women’s race too. Maybe Lizzie had it in her contract.
  • ShutupJens
    I think they have done the same previous years too, hence why I was expecting it.

Excited to see what tomorrow brings
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    LOL.
    Coquard learns the hard way that British trains are never on time.

Very good.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    edited May 2018
    ShutupJens wrote:
    ShutupJens wrote:

It was live.

Yeah as was the men's race right? Doesn't mean they couldn't show a few km's again like

I meant Eurosport's coverage yesterday was live, not highlights. They were on air to cover the men's race. Those interested enough in the women's race I'm sure could find the coverage elsewhere. For all I know, ITV4 could have exclusive rights to the women's race.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    So British, as the french would say. An old church, strange village names, a duck pond, loads of cyclists and a TVR :D
    dcsbwxwwaaiqw4b.jpg
  • Vino'sGhost
    I don’t know why I’m surprised every year but Yorkshire is a lovely place to ride bikes. Day 4 might not feel like it to those guys though :)
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    so after thinking in the race i wonder what our 'regional' Mike Cuming is doing now he pops up with a third place!

With his climbing ability he suddenly seems in a very good place - albeit with very tired legs - he was bobbing more than Sonny Listen in the final 10k
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    so after thinking in the race i wonder what our 'regional' Mike Cuming is doing now he pops up with a third place!

With his climbing ability he suddenly seems in a very good place - albeit with very tired legs - he was bobbing more than Sonny Listen in the final 10k

going to get hammered. or surprise the hell out of me.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    women's race a bit frisky
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Vino'sGhost
    what channel is that on Midi?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    what channel is that on Midi?

ITV4 have coverage live. Lizzie Deignan's been a good signing as she (obviously) knows the current peloton very well, and recognises individual roads from training.

Vurrent race situation is one rider out on their own, being marked at about 30 seconds. Rowe and Wild are mopping up points at intermediate sprints, there are occasional breaks as people test the water but nothing that sticks - everyone's concentrating on the final climb.
  • Vino'sGhost
    thank you, I now have live Giron on one screen itv4 on another and work on the other. :)
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited May 2018
    And as I write that the peloton splits after a tricky sharp righthander sends several riders down the wrong side of a T-junction. Look out for that one in the men's race - it'll likely catch them out as well. Seems to have come back together, but riders are starting to drop out the back as the continued accelerations take their toll.
  • Vino'sGhost
    theyre looking good skin suits and pony tails mmmmm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

You must have loved Fignon.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    I've never been the biggest fan of Lizzie but she's doing a very good job as a pundit. I'm surprised as she's never seemed comfortable when interviewed on camera. Gilmore good as ever, ITV4 are doing an excellent job.
  • Vino'sGhost

You must have loved Fignon.

HHAHAHA errrr
    :)
  • Pross
    Would love to see Danni Rowe win this race, great rider and nice person.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    First of the two big climbs rips the race apart - a group of around 15 are now well away with some of the big hitters in there. Not sure who's in it as I keep having to take my earphones out to talk to colleagues. Each little climb seems to see someone else give it a dig though. Ellen van Dijk, Longo Borghini both in there.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lizzie Deignan chuckling as she says they've entered the climb too hot, Blaak and Van Dijk straight off the back. Dani Rowe struggling.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Guarnier goes, nobody has the legs to get her.
  • Pross
    Excellent racing that and a very good win by Guarnier. Rowe doing well with very little team support and not her ideal terrain. I think it's fair to say the UK is leading the way for top flight women's road racing.
  • mididoctors
    37.3kph ave... not bad at all.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Enjoyed that. Lumpy stuff all the way to take some of the energy out of people's legs, then lots of opportunities for people to attack over more significant hills towards the end. The climb at Old Poole Bank seemed pretty selective to determine who would be fighting for the win on the final climb. Good win by Guarnier - timed her attack perfectly and nobody could get close.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Pross wrote:
    Excellent racing that and a very good win by Guarnier. Rowe doing well with very little team support and not her ideal terrain. I think it's fair to say the UK is leading the way for top flight women's road racing.

I've just caught up watching it, while Kirby is blathering over the Giro.
    Fab solo ride from Dani up the pointy stuff, against the mega teams.
    Those intermediate bonuses helped her to hang onto the runners up spot.
    Her best mate will be chuffed!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.