2018: Tour de Yorkshire (2.1) May3rd-6th. *Spoilers*

Comments

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    Nice to see they've fixed some of the pot-holes for them. Roads still look rough as f#ck though from viewing the moto footage. They'll need to be running 32's on their rims in a year or two.

High-friction roads has always been my excuse for going slowly around this area - the surface is usually rough and that's before you get to the holes. I wouldn't be surprised if the wind was an influence, too - it was pretty constant on my ride into work in York this morning. Not particularly fast or blustery, just constant. Didn't seem to have dropped much at lunchtime either.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,172
    S'what Ned said on commentary. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meanwhile, I return at 4pm and there's still 93km to go.

Sloooooooooooooooooooow

They didn't set off until after the womens finish, think some cars have to head back, set off just before 2pm.

Currently just ahead of fastest schedule, finish expected here at just after 6pm.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    keef66 wrote:
    ShutupJens wrote:
    You can literally see my tiny little village on the map (Glusburn, stage 4), the race comes within a mile or so every year and yet I'll be missing it again, always busy on this weekend it seems!

Looking forward to a cracking race though, some serious climbing to be done and proper grippy roads, not pleasant to race on

Well we lived in Crosshills when I was tiny, and I was christened in Silsden parish church, but then grew up near Ferrybridge. Spent a lot of time cycling up and down Wharfedale though, and still have a lot of relatives up there, so I feel all nostalgic when I see it on the telly. I'm stuck in East Anglia.

Sister and brother-in-law are moaning about the road closures when it goes through Pontefract, the miserable sods.

It's a small world, keef.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Bet they're pleased they'll be trying to plough into Doncaster after 6pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    pressure is on ..lined out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    I do like that Madison Genesis kit. Nice!

Taylor-Gunman-photo-Madison-Genesis.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Hopefully, tomorrow's stage will be more interesting than this.
    Far too much of........not very much at all.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    The break might just get this
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Dunno, it's nicely in the balance. I think they'll get caught but it only takes one team to drop out of the chase.
  • Pross
    Scott Davies earning his keep, nice to see him at this level.
  • blazing_saddles
    Everyone working in the chase......................bar the French.
    Touch and go.
  • mididoctors
    moto bit close to the break
    good tv thou
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Still hanging in there. Needs more than one team working.
  • Pross
    Tanfield the weak link here, not sure he's sandbagging like Millar is suggesting.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    2.4km breakaway 35”
  • Pross
    If the time gap is right the break has this.
  • mididoctors
    looks big on screen
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    Tanfield the weak link here, not sure he's sandbagging like Millar is suggesting.

Got that wrong but he got his hands up a bit too early!
  • mididoctors
    yorkshireman gets it!
  • blazing_saddles
    LOL.
    Coquard learns the hard way that British trains are never on time.
    Tanfield with the cruise sprint.
  • mididoctors
    major upset
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Very nearly threw it away, didn't he? Been busy all day, too - great day's riding.
  • Pross
    Well earned win for the break that, hard old slog for them and nice to see the big teams mess it up.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Haha, awesome ride from the break and bad decision making from the rest

It was bloody windy on my ride home from Leeds, and it's always worse out east. I imagine that was the miscalculation
  • Pross
    Jeez, Tanfield looks young!
  • mididoctors
    the quality of that ride from the uk based teams was decent
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,753
    Never thought that break would stay away.

Love that result though. Powerful finish.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Good stage that and vimpressed with the (all day) coverage from ITV4. Really looking forward to tomorrow's stage and more familiar roads. Should be a grand turnout!
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

TdY is exactly the sort of race which Millar can properly show that he really does know his onions.

Speaking of which, did anyone pick Harry for PTP? Yes? Oh yeah, that would have been me
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Eurosport have a 90 min slot for the highlights yet not even mentioned the women's race, never mind even showed any of it. Poor effort imo