Merlin Cycles Charged Me for Cancelled Orders!

1234568»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449
    The MF ordered some bits from Merlin yesterday at lunchtime.

More Chamois cream?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:

More Chamois cream?!

The only person I know who applies it daily even when he isn't riding
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Merlin have failed my Customer Support test.
    I sent them a broken item purchased recently and they have "conveniently" .. never received it.
    I've spent nearly £1000 this year on various orders with them... lost me as a customer.
    End of.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Isn't your issue with the post office ?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    did you send it recorded delivery? with a signed for parcel courier? entrusted it to bungle?
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    JGSI wrote:
    I sent them a broken item purchased recently and they have "conveniently" .. never received it.
    I've spent nearly £1000 this year on various orders with them... lost me as a customer.
    End of.

Surely your proof of delivery will demonstrate they received it? If you didn't send it recorded, I don't know how you can blame Merlin without proof they are lying.

I can't imagine an outfit the size of Merlin implementing such dodgy practices, if the item was a genuine warranty return, they would also have received a credit from the manufacturer/distributor.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    JGSI wrote:
    End of.

Sorry but this isn't a Merlin issue. Your complaint should be with Royal Mail or whichever courier you used.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:

More Chamois cream?!

The only person I know who applies it daily even when he isn't riding

He likes rubbing it his eyes as he thinks he blinks smoother with it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Bumo_b
    Bumo_b Posts: 211
    Having tried your suggestion of rubbing it in my eyes to make me blink smoother, I can tell you it doesn't work? Thought it was meant to ease discomfort? Next you'll be telling me I cant use my empty Haribos packet as a condom!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    but doesn't it make everything look like you are in a jungle/house fire?

haribo packets are too crinkly - cling film is what you want. or a marigold.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Bumo_b
    Use to use marigolds for the distributor cap for an old mini, a condom as well, kept the damp out! :D
  • Bumo_b
    Sadly have to revive this thread and let you know Merlin have done it again with their retailing practice. Ordered a chainring that arrived next day despite promising it would take a few days and this was before just before Christmas. They then refunded me my money when I sent the item back because I hadn’t checked the specs and the item didn’t fit my crank, no questions asked (apart from the reason for the return on the form). Shocking behaviour that will keep me using them where possible.
  • bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    Bumo_b wrote:
    Sadly have to revive this thread and let you know Merlin have done it again with their retailing practice. Ordered a chainring that arrived next day despite promising it would take a few days and this was before just before Christmas. They then refunded me my money when I sent the item back because I hadn’t checked the specs and the item didn’t fit my crank, no questions asked (apart from the reason for the return on the form). Shocking behaviour that will keep me using them where possible.

What's so great about simply obeying the law.......?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Bumo_b wrote:

Terrible customer service I’ve no idea why I use them so much :)
  • Tell you what, Merlin aren’t the only dispicable rascals out there.

I ordered the wrong size overshoes from Sigma, entirely my fault. The buggers not only charged me for what I’d ordered, but had the audacity to deliver them the next day. Then, to confirm their status as cads and bounders, they accepted the return, confirmed this via email and had the money back into my account within 24 hours.

Rotters the lot of ‘em!
  • Bumo_b
    It is not whether they obey the law, but the speedy manner they do it in!
  • I know of one seller that refused to post item to the buyer because they refused to tell the post office it wasn't a bomb.
  • Vino'sGhost
    I know of one seller that refused to post item to the buyer because they refused to tell the post office it wasn't a bomb.

HAHHA im not surprised they refused it. What kind of half wit would do that?
  • I know of one seller that refused to post item to the buyer because they refused to tell the post office it wasn't a bomb.
    Had to return an item through the post office today.

I only went and told them it was a bike part and that I'd removed the battery and they only went and accepted it. Un-bloody-believable! Who knew it could be so easy.
  • Vino'sGhost
    amazing. imagine if youd sent someone else, thought it had gone only to find out that it hadnt
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449
    I keep getting packets of Haribo THAT I DIDN'T ORDER from Wiggle and the b4stards gave me a 10% Gold loyalty discount AND I DIDN'T EVEN USE A CODE. If I want a 10% discount then i'll bloody ask for one without it being foisted on me for no bloody reason.
    I mean, how the hell can you run a profitable business where customers are supposed to be at the heart of a service culture, like that?!

Without a shadow of a doubt, I think that the cycling industry is going to the dog's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I know of one seller that refused to post item to the buyer because they refused to tell the post office it wasn't a bomb.

I wonder if this is what happened to the Shimano shifters I bought recently from an Ebay seller that never arrived :roll: