S*** small race thread 2018

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Hammer Series: This clip of Bora, Sky and BMC all racing for fifth place is somewhat crazy.

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/1003333188847046657
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Not so much about a small race, as young Mr Pidcock and some Sagan like skill.

https://twitter.com/Tompid/status/1002999750864637952/

Raced against him a few times a couple of years ago in town centre crits and I was amazed by his bike handling. Yet almost every time he races he does something that's even more impressive! Incredible

Almost. Every. Time.

https://twitter.com/Tompid/status/1002813985165586432
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Hammer Series: This clip of Bora, Sky and BMC all racing for fifth place is somewhat crazy.

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/1003333188847046657

That would be better with Yakety Sax playing over it...
  • anothersid
    anothersid Posts: 57
    Saturday, One Pro Cycling got their biggest win since Tro Bro? Emils Liepins won Heistse Pijl (1.1).
  • Occitanie starts tomorrow ( Route de Sud)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Crash at the sharp end of a sprint at tour of Slovenia.

Dimension data rider down. No idea who but I can guess.

Edit: looks like Renshaw

Scott and EF riders down too.

Ewan and McLay
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    Crash at the sharp end of a sprint at tour of Slovenia.

Dimension data rider down. No idea who but I can guess.

Edit: looks like Renshaw

Scott and EF riders down too.

Ewan and McLay

The last 5 kms were mental - loads of road furniture and the road narrowed and narrowed before entering the finish straight.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Help... I am sharing a hotel in Schio with a load of cycle teams competing in the Giro Ciclistico d'Italia, the under 23 giro.

Who should I sit next to a breakfast?
    Half man, Half bike
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Help... I am sharing a hotel in Schio with a load of cycle teams competing in the Giro Ciclistico d'Italia, the under 23 giro.

Who should I sit next to a breakfast?
    The prettiest.
  • ridgerider
    Well I had a great nights sleep. Al the riders were tucked up in bed by 10pm and the hotel was absolutely silent despite being full.

Had to queue behind the dimension data team manager at checkout. He seemed to have sufficient funds to pay for the teams accommodation.
    Half man, Half bike
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Groooooneweeeeegen takes it.

Cav was well positioned but went a bit early and then seemed to die quickly. Sat up with 20m to go.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Occitanie starts tomorrow ( Route de Sud)

st 1 (Bouhanni had to battle it out with team mate Laporte and it went to photo finish :shock: )

gettyimages_656894532_670.jpg
  • ridgerider
    And just to complete my Giro D'Italia Under 23 story, the Schio stage was won by a Brit (Stevie Williams of SEG), and the pink jersey was transferred over to another Brit (Mark Donovan of Team Wiggins).
    Half man, Half bike
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited June 2018
    Ridgerider wrote:
    And just to complete my Giro D'Italia Under 23 story, the Schio stage was won by a Brit (Stevie Williams of SEG), and the pink jersey was transferred over to another Brit (Mark Donovan of Team Wiggins).

I thought a Brit would win the Tour one day - but the baby Giro - never"!
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,537
    Occitanie starts tomorrow ( Route de Sud)

st 1 (Bouhanni had to battle it out with team mate Laporte and it went to photo finish :shock: )

gettyimages_656894532_670.jpg

There seems to be a bit more to this story. Bouhanni had orders to lead out Laporte, saw some pictures of them have a "discussion" after the finish line. l
    Laporte didn't look happy
  • Embarrassing - I got the wrong photo /year originally as Bouhanni definitely has a white helmet on :oops: :D

DfqNAsTW0AEv4eC-min.jpg

video here - I just don't think you can tell the alpha a sprinter to lead someone out

https://video.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/route-du-sud/2018/nacer-bouhanni-claims-stage-1-of-route-occitanie_vid1100422/video.shtml
  • gweeds
    You can when he’s a dick and hasn’t won anything all year.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    You can when he’s a dick and hasn’t won anything all year.
    I mean you can tell him but you can't expect it

It's like telling a honey badger to be ' nice '
  • gweeds
    I dunno. After everyone else rides for him and he doesn’t deliver it’s fair enough to see how it feels.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    This says all we need to know about Bouhannis sprinting ability these days

881114ce-6cc8-11e8-9ed7-64a88a7fc585_web_scale_0.0523149_0.0523149__.jpg?maxheight=465&maxwidth=700
  • My cross man Venturini at Occitanie
  • Roux mugs Valverde and Sanchez on the line :)
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Not exactly s*** and small, but does anyone have info on the various National Championships?

Are they this weekend? I looked on PCS earlier and could only find info on the Dutch one
  • Not exactly s*** and small, but does anyone have info on the various National Championships?

Are they this weekend? I looked on PCS earlier and could only find info on the Dutch one

put a thread up - it should be
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,172
    British is next weekend (time trials Thursday, road races Sunday) if that's any use
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Yep, defo need a thread for nationals!!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    British is next weekend (time trials Thursday, road races Sunday) if that's any use

French nationals too, 10 minutes ride from chez moi :D
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Your National Champs Thread wish is My Command

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13093202&p=20367560#p20367560
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Dwars Het Hageland was a really decent watch again this year.

Some really exciting late action and punctures at the wrong moment. No spoilers though.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Van Aert wins the Tour of Denmark. Would love to see what he could do if he concentrated on the road.