S*** small race thread 2018

1111213141517»

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ddraver wrote:
    :lol::lol:https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/sta ... 7703720960 :lol::lol:

Basically me when I swap the rugby boots for football shoes...

Is that Valverde rocking the stripes behind?
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Gran Piemonte

Just caught up on today’s pretty much unexciting race - wet and slippery conditions didn’t help.
    Lone breaks by Matti Breschel and then Andrey Grivko came to nothing and the reduced peloton was all back together at the 10km to go point.

The bunch sprint saw expected favourite Sonny Colbrelli (TBM) hold off Florian Sénéschal (QST) and Davide Ballerini (ANS)
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    hommelbier wrote:
    Pinot wins with Lopez second and Valverde third. Lopez did well after being knocked down by Gaudu, who was pulling over to let Pinot through.

Redemption for Pinot who has had a difficult summer.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    davidof wrote:
    hommelbier wrote:
    Pinot wins with Lopez second and Valverde third. Lopez did well after being knocked down by Gaudu, who was pulling over to let Pinot through.

With 2 recent stages in the Vuelta, and the power of work he did in the WCs, he's going well.

Lombardia dark horse? If he can rein in his instincts and let Nibali and Valverde be the protagonists he could pounce for a Monument victory.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    :lol::lol:https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/sta ... 7703720960 :lol::lol:

Basically me when I swap the rugby boots for football shoes...

Is that Valverde rocking the stripes behind?

Yep but look at the muppet running along with his phone, oblivious to anyone else.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    davidof wrote:
    hommelbier wrote:

With 2 recent stages in the Vuelta, and the power of work he did in the WCs, he's going well.

Lombardia dark horse? If he can rein in his instincts and let Nibali and Valverde be the protagonists he could pounce for a Monument victory.

He was close last year, just faded at the end.

I respect these guys who can ride the GTs with a chance of winning and the one day races.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Hammer Series in Hong Kong tomorrow - does this qualify as shoot small?

Mitchelton-Scott leading the rankings at the moment with Quick Step in second. Not sure if anyone is that bothered - even the Directeurs are pointing to the end of the season with Tour of Guanxi coming up next week. However, it was cool to see a few of the Quick Step and Delko riders out for a spin on the bike lane in Sha Tin yesterday - quite surreal.

Kick off at 2pm HK time (7am UK time) if you fancy it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Not cycling but Ex-Liquigas rider Cameron Wurf (who is trained by Sky's Tim Kerrison) came ninth in the Ironman world championships.
    Also Alexandr Vinokourov was 200th, 6th in the 45-49 age group.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame Steve!
    Half man, Half bike
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    I know the season ended yesterday, but...

Chrono des Nations, France (1.1) 14 October

Final appearances for two well known French riders, Sylvain Chavanel and Jeremy Roy.

1 Martin Toft Madsen (BHS-Almeborg-Bornholm) 54:13
    2 Mikkel Bjerg (Hagens Berman Axeon) @0:07
    3 Stéphane Rossetto (Cofidis, Solutions Crédits) @1:39
    4 Yoann Paillot (St Michel - Auber93) @1:49
    5 Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie) @2:14
    6 Pierre Latour (AG2R La Mondiale) @2:16
    7 Jérémy Roy (Groupama - FDJ) @2:40
    8 Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain Merida Pro Cycling Team) @2:56

Also noted; the winner of the Junior race was up and coming Belgian rider Remco Evenepoel
  • pottssteve
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame Steve!

I did, though it was more like 5 minutes:

https://www.hammerseries.com/en/hong-ko ... -champions
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    davidof wrote:
    hommelbier wrote:

Really should have put my money where my mouth was on that one....
  • pottssteve
    Tour of Guangxi is on, in case you forgot to set reminders on your phone....

Dylan Groenewegen won stage one, keeping Ridgerider happy. Stage 2 currently in progress. First three stages are sprints before they have to go up some hills.
  • ridgerider
    Groenewegen seems to have fully recovered from his TdF accident...one benefit for having a multi-stage sprinter friendly race at this time of year ahead of the winter shutdown. Good prep for the TdU...how many days to go till then?!
    Half man, Half bike
  • pottssteve
    Pascal Ackermann picks up stage 2, Groenewegen keeps the overall. Ritchie Porte abandoned - not surprising; I saw him in HK and he had a bigger gut than me.
    Tour Down Under starts on 10th January with the men kicking off on the 15th, I think...
  • pottssteve
    Fabio Jakobsen wins the third stage sprint so Quick Step now holds the record for most wins by a team in one season. He also leads the race.
    Groenewegen slips to third on GC, but they head into the mountains soon.

So it's just me watching, then?!
  • ridgerider
    Looks like it...especially at that time of day/night!

Anyway, I wonder what lovely gifts the riders receive on the podium? We had some Chinese visitors at work yesterday and they gave us these beautiful calligraphy brushes. Can you bring me back some ink next time you are over???45370658062_d8f4100704_z.jpg
    Half man, Half bike
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pottssteve wrote:
    Fabio Jakobsen wins the third stage sprint so Quick Step now holds the record for most wins by a team in one season. He also leads the race.

Where are you watching it. I can’t see it on Eurosport player.
  • pottssteve
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Looks like it...especially at that time of day/night!

Anyway, I wonder what lovely gifts the riders receive on the podium? We had some Chinese visitors at work yesterday and they gave us these beautiful calligraphy brushes. Can you bring me back some ink next time you are over???45370658062_d8f4100704_z.jpg

Sure, but not sure when that will be. If you want to do it properly you will need an inkstone as well. These can run to thousands of quid for a good one, so just let me know your budget :D
    And you need special paper... Frankly, it's a pain in the backside. If I were you I would take up photography...
    Did you practice some Cantonese on them?

Steve
  • pottssteve
    Webboo wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Where are you watching it. I can’t see it on Eurosport player.

Just highlights on YouTube / Velon website. Don't know if it's live anywhere.
  • pottssteve
    Stage 4 - Moscon, who now leads GC.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    pottssteve wrote:
    That was Friday. He sealed the overall today after finishing in the bunch. Stage was won by Jakobsen (QS)
  • pottssteve
    inseine wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    That was Friday. He sealed the overall today after finishing in the bunch. Stage was won by Jakobsen (QS)

Indeed. That's two of us watching, then. :)

See you all back for the Tour Down Under.
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,187
    At least there's CX to keep us ticking over until then. Here's my view from the weekend in Bern
    P1040960.jpeg