Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Delete
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    RichN95 wrote:
    Does this mean the end for the Cooking Revolution?

There have been some very funny posts on here, hat to you sir!

I liked the 'Fight for the Peter Sagan Jersey' post too.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    OK, so what happens now?
    Dull parcour to inspire attacking.
    Yet key attackers either in hospital or in transit home.

Can LRP put on a Pantani like display of panache, or will Froome stem the growing tide of despair, and save another TDF heading down the tedium toilet?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Haha McEwen calling it a DQ..
    Hahahah rich coming from him :)

Called it right though ;)

Maybe not - now angry it's a Tour DQ rather than stage DQ. Petacchi agrees
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Pross wrote:
    kiwimatt wrote:
    Sagan is hardly boxed in. Could have easily conceded to the left. Bad.
    DD5uhSyWsAEuH8p.jpg

Alternately why should he concede? It's a race.

Poor effort,I'll give that a 2/10.

Well why should he concede? Maybe stop pedalling all together or perhaps lead cav out? I don't agree with the elbow but equally I don't think he should concede to someone still behind him.

I was thinking something similar... If Cav is behind Sagan, does Sagan have to give way or is avoiding collision down to Cav? Every time I see a sprint on tv they all look all over the road and boxing each other in.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    I wonder if the people who think it is an unfair decision be of the same one if it was "bad boy" Cav in the wrong?

See ya.
    or bouhanni
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    edited July 2017
    Pross wrote:
    tonyf34 wrote:
    Good move by the race organisers, it's deliberate no matter what some of you say, instinctive, yes, because his instinct was to ride like a mong and cut another rider off knowing they were coming past and the elbow was the coup de grace. there's loads of space for Sagan to continue taking the wheel and absolutely no need for him to continue veering right, certainly even less need to go that far right.
    it certainly isn't a "ludicrous" decision, it's well within the bounds/rules and comparatively to other incidents is the correct decision otherwise you set a really bad precedence that simply looks like favourtism because of who you are not what you've actually done.

Have you ever tried keeping upright and changing your line having been forced into previous evasive action at close to 40mph? Oh, and are people really still using the word 'mong' in 2017?
    Yeah, coming downhill and having to veer from pesky critters that sprint across the road in suicide dashes has happened often since I started riding seriously since 1986, likewise being forced to veer and not hit someone else or crash because a motorvehicle decided to force me a la sagan into the barriers/wall/hedge etc so though i'm not as good as Mr.sagan I've had plenty of experience of having to react and not take others or myself out at speed.

Experienced riders can do that shit, today, Mr.Sagan who is supposed to be the worlds best bike handler going by the fan boys so in this instance his elbow coming out just at the right moment 'to retain his balance' which is the excuse David Millar uses is bollocks.

That then doesn't excuse his continuation of a line that veers across the road more than the others whom are actually boxed and despite knowing another rider is on his right (he's admitted this already) continues into an unorthodox position that then isn't following Demare's wheel so is a deliberate move to block that rider off (Cavendish), not only blocks him but forces him into the barriers.
    for a 'pro' at this level he would have being able to adjust his line, he didn't and his actions not even taking into account the elbow are not what you would expect of the wonder boy or anyone else so there are no excuses and the decision is correct and justified IMHO.
    I'll use whatever descriptive I like, if you don't like it, do something about it by reporting it to the moderators. :roll:
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Ha ITV4 highlights, scenery...straight to 50km in.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    It seems Sagan has few friends in the peloton given what the likes of Greipel and Lotto have to say about him as well as the accusation from Hammond of Sagan having caused a previous crash. Of course, it does Lotto's chances of a stage win no harm now that Sagan is on the plane home. Perhaps Sagan is too successful even for his own good?

He deserved a stage relegation, points deduction and maybe even a sizeable fine but to get the boot off the race is a tad OTT. Bouhanni and Demare can expect an expulsion too if the commissaries remain this touchy for the rest of the race.

DD.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    FocusZing wrote:
    so 45 km of nothing :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sprinting. Crock of poop.

I don't get why Cavendish persisted with trying to get through that gap. Sit up and wave you hands around and bitch about it afterwards.

Sagan and Demare should've both been DQ'd from stage but that's about it.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    Anyhoo, I'm sure someone already posted it

https://twitter.com/my_shoes93/status/8 ... 5461617664
  • FocusZing
    tim000 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    so 45 km of nothing :lol:

Ha, thats what they should have done (scenery, 5km:)
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Nice to see Andy Schleck looking relaxed and content in retirement (on the ITV highlights)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Meh. Not intentional but still a dangerous move so fair enough. As I ve been tweeting, it's like an unintended dump tackle in that rugby. Still a straight red regardless of how "nice" or "cool" the player is...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Meh. Not intentional but still a dangerous move so fair enough. As I ve been tweeting, it's like an unintended dump tackle in that rugby. Still a straight red regardless of how "nice" or "cool" the player is...
    But the "red" in this case should have been the demotion to last place and a points penalty. That would have been enough and sent a clear message to everyone.
  • FocusZing
    Slap him with a big fine and make green untenable. To kick out one of the main draws, it's as extreme and mad as the stage.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    This doesn't look like Sagan was off balance, it looks like an elbow for whoever was behind him, doubt he knew it was Cav though

DD6LwJGXUAUhYP-?format=jpg&name=large
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Think Cav could have taken the stage if not for the crash.

Can't agree with the decision to DQ Sagan from the Tour though. Think Jens Voigt is right with what he says on twitter. Plus Cav is leaning into Sagan before Sagan moves his elbow, Cav didn't seem like he was looking for Sagan to be DQ'd in his interview either.

Big shame for the race if neither of them are on the start line tomorrow.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    [url][/url]
    ddraver wrote:
    But the "red" in this case should have been the demotion to last place and a points penalty. That would have been enough and sent a clear message to everyone.

Depends what the rules say

Which I appreciate with cycling is pretty much a make it up as the commissaires go along.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Robbie Mc

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/sbs ... 21&yr=2017

Presumably before news of Sagz Monaco homeward-bound
  • Can Bora appeal? Is that possible/likely?
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Another angle

Photo:Yuzuru sunada

DD6NR4tV0AAFUhH?format=jpg&name=large
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    This doesn't look like Sagan was off balance, it looks like an elbow for whoever was behind him, doubt he knew it was Cav though

But here is Cav just before that...
    DD6NLaGXsAAyTPg.jpg
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • iainf72
    Can Bora appeal? Is that possible/likely?

They cannot
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Cav is a madman for trying to make that gap. The road was clear for hi. Before Sagan jumped to chase Demare. The elbow looks bad in real time but watch back in slo-mo or frame be frame and its Cav that makes contact with Sagan using his head. Cav is on his way down before Sagan shoots the elbow out to keep himself balanced.
  • Yeah Cav head-butted him, that must have been what caused it
  • iainf72
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    birdie23 wrote:

But here is Cav just before that...
    DD6NLaGXsAAyTPg.jpg

Seems like argy bargy
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Sprinting is a rough game, you win some you lose some but DQ is stupid