TDF 2017: Stage 4- Mondorf-les-Bains - Vittel 207.5kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    Germcevoy wrote:
    The race will be duller without Sagan. A shame.
    The race would still be chock-full of sprinters without Sagan and Cavendish.
    G said that they both did but are both ok as managed to scrub lots of speed off before hitting the deck.
    Thanks. I thought I saw a long shot of him with a little blood near his shoulder, but no-one mentioned anything.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Wow not so lucky then! Organisers must set the tone of what is and what is not acceptable going forward, sprints are getting very very scrappy of late. Demare should be penalised too I feel for cutting up Bouhanni.

France will explode though..
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    kiwimatt wrote:
    Sagan is hardly boxed in. Could have easily conceded to the left. Bad.
    DD5uhSyWsAEuH8p.jpg

Alternately why should he concede? It's a race.

Poor effort,I'll give that a 2/10.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    Poor Guillaume Van Keirsbulck. 190km solo and now no-one gives a toss. He probably won't even get his photo in L'Equipe.
    Will probably pick up first week's Pédaleur de Charme so not all bad!
    Yeah, but the new T-shirts. I liked the old ones with their homemade look.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    F@cking f@ck me gif
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Total overreaction to DQ him. The original punishment was enough, if not a bit harsh. But thrown off the race is ridiculous.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Stupid decision. Deduct points and/or time but DQ is idiotic
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Can only thing that both incidents combined have did him over. It would usually take a black and white intentional actions to get kicked from the whole race. I don't think there's enough here to condem Sagz.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Pross wrote:
    kiwimatt wrote:
    Sagan is hardly boxed in. Could have easily conceded to the left. Bad.
    DD5uhSyWsAEuH8p.jpg

Alternately why should he concede? It's a race.

Poor effort,I'll give that a 2/10.

Well why should he concede? Maybe stop pedalling all together or perhaps lead cav out? I don't agree with the elbow but equally I don't think he should concede to someone still behind him.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    And some people said this years tour would be boring........ :mrgreen:
  • pirnie
    pirnie Posts: 242
    I'm interested to know what happened between the announcement of the points deduction and then its escalation to a DQ. Based on the Lotto Soudal DS's quotes after the stage I think there may have been other incidents they have taken into account.

Roger Hammond's tweet accuses Sagan of causing the crash that took down G at 1.5 to go as well as the one with Cav
  • onyourright
    Future generations will look at the barbarism of road sprinting circa 2017 and view it as we view Roman gladiators. It’s probably not the end of the world if they start being a little tougher on actions that put people in hospital for no good reason.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    I wonder if the people who think it is an unfair decision be of the same one if it was "bad boy" Cav in the wrong?

See ya.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Punishing consequences rather than actions. Demare's lines were way worse.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Anyway, for a flat, boring stage I reckon this one's going to set a record for the number of posts...
  • Anyway, for a flat, boring stage I reckon this one's going to set a record for the number of posts...
    :D
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Germcevoy wrote:
    Punishing consequences rather than actions. Demare's lines were way worse.

Yep.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Vino'sGhost
    did cav cross the line or is he out too?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    tonyf34 wrote:
    Good move by the race organisers, it's deliberate no matter what some of you say, instinctive, yes, because his instinct was to ride like a mong and cut another rider off knowing they were coming past and the elbow was the coup de grace. there's loads of space for Sagan to continue taking the wheel and absolutely no need for him to continue veering right, certainly even less need to go that far right.
    it certainly isn't a "ludicrous" decision, it's well within the bounds/rules and comparatively to other incidents is the correct decision otherwise you set a really bad precedence that simply looks like favourtism because of who you are not what you've actually done.

Have you ever tried keeping upright and changing your line having been forced into previous evasive action at close to 40mph? Oh, and are people really still using the word 'mong' in 2017?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    did cav cross the line or is he out too?
    He crossed the line after having his hand bandaged.
  • onyourright
    Crossed the line in obvious pain.
  • Vino'sGhost
    good for cav, it would be awesome if he won the green jersey again :) bummed about Sagan though, i thought it was a bit harsh.
  • Pross wrote:
    tonyf34 wrote:
    Good move by the race organisers, it's deliberate no matter what some of you say, instinctive, yes, because his instinct was to ride like a mong and cut another rider off knowing they were coming past and the elbow was the coup de grace. there's loads of space for Sagan to continue taking the wheel and absolutely no need for him to continue veering right, certainly even less need to go that far right.
    it certainly isn't a "ludicrous" decision, it's well within the bounds/rules and comparatively to other incidents is the correct decision otherwise you set a really bad precedence that simply looks like favourtism because of who you are not what you've actually done.

Have you ever tried keeping upright and changing your line having been forced into previous evasive action at close to 40mph? Oh, and are people really still using the word 'mong' in 2017?

Not aimed at me of course, but to answer your question: no, but nor am I "the best bike handler in the pro peloton".
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Does this mean the end for the Cooking Revolution?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Vino'sGhost
    Pross wrote:
    tonyf34 wrote:

Not aimed at me of course, but to answer your question: no, but nor am I "the best bike handler in the pro peloton".

Ahhh that would assume you should have less stringent standards for the less able or most likely to cause an accident. Having better skills in an area shouldnt mean you carry a handicap. This isnt british education where the most able proceeds at the pace of the least interested/able.
  • B3rnieMac
    Cav is just lucky Sagz doesn't sprint like Froome, he'd be in a serious state if he did.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    RichN95 wrote:

I wonder what will be on here tomorrow?

http://www.winwithpeter.com
  • good for cav, it would be awesome if he won the green jersey again :) bummed about Sagan though, i thought it was a bit harsh.

I'd be astonished if he started tomorrow. I believe he said it felt like his Harrogate injury and he suggested that the artificial ligament in his shoulder that repaired that damage had popped. Hope he's wrong but I suspect he knows his shoulder injuries pretty well by now.
  • B3rnieMac
    RichN95 wrote:

I wonder what will be on here tomorrow?

http://www.winwithpeter.com

an unused green venge?