2018 Transfers: Rumours + Facts

1141516171820»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    I cant see the likes of Thomas beating Froome (where is he better?) but I'd love to see him go full gas on the cobbles and rolling stages and try to take time there. A bit like Nibali but more so.

Well, when on form, he can definitely TT as well as Froome and if he receives the protection from a decent team around him I think he could match Froome in the mountains. Or at least challenge him.

I just hope we get to see it.
    Well I think he's Van Garderen/Mollema level.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    I cant see the likes of Thomas beating Froome (where is he better?) but I'd love to see him go full gas on the cobbles and rolling stages and try to take time there. A bit like Nibali but more so.

Well, when on form, he can definitely TT as well as Froome and if he receives the protection from a decent team around him I think he could match Froome in the mountains. Or at least challenge him.

So, the guy with 15th as his best GT result is as good as the guy with 5 firsts and 4 seconds?
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:

So, the guy with 15th as his best GT result is as good as the guy with 5 firsts and 4 seconds?

How do you know he isn't? 2017 Giro aside, G has only ever been a domestique, but imo has shown enough to suggest that if he had a team behind him then he could definitely challenge Froome. Similar to Richie Porte in that respect.
  • RichN95.
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:

How do you know he isn't? 2017 Giro aside, G has only ever been a domestique, but imo has shown enough to suggest that if he had a team behind him then he could definitely challenge Froome. Similar to Richie Porte in that respect.
    Froome came Second in the Vuelta and the Tour as a domestique.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Portes never challenged Froome. If Thomas was as good as Froome hed have been given a chance.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    You could just reuse the same story every year its his final contract year

Maybe this time he'll actually do something about it

Yeah I suspect it's designed to get him a better contract from sky.

Would love to see him move though as I think he could beat Froome in the tour (provided he stays on the bike :lol:)

Tour of Flanders, yes

yeah, this. not a GC winner unless its a week long. far too accident prone. see Richie Porte as well.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Is that 5-time GT winner Richie Porte? Or a different one?
  • inseine
    Joelsim wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Is that 5-time GT winner Richie Porte? Or a different one?
    I don't think any of the Richie Portes have won 5 GTs
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Dani Rowe (formerly king) to Wales.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    James Murdoch to Disney - along with Sky. Jeremy Darroch's future uncertain. Wonder whether it will impact Team Sky...
    At the moment that's at the 'Boasson Hagen to BMC' stage.

It would be a good fit as Disney own the actual Death Star

Sky to Disney confirmed. Future of both James' uncertain... and given the latest news I'd question the future of the team. Disney may not feel quite so enamored with it if the star rider is banned.
  • RichN95.
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    James Murdoch to Disney - along with Sky. Jeremy Darroch's future uncertain. Wonder whether it will impact Team Sky...
    At the moment that's at the 'Boasson Hagen to BMC' stage.

It would be a good fit as Disney own the actual Death Star

Sky to Disney confirmed. Future of both James' uncertain... and given the latest news I'd question the future of the team. Disney may not feel quite so enamored with it if the star rider is banned.
    They're contracted through to 2020 so it won't disappear overnight. And they probably won't micromanage to that degree anyway. Team Sky is less than 0.5% of Sky's marketing budget. If Darroch stays in charge of Sky, they're unlikely to be under threat.
    And even then Murdoch Jr will end up somewhere else.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Tom Pidcock to Team Wiggins for 2018. As is Gabriel Cullaigh
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,585
    r0bh wrote:
    Tom Pidcock to Team Wiggins for 2018. As is Gabriel Cullaigh

Nice.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Costa is now listed on PCS as an Axeon for next year.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Romain le Roux to Fortuneo-Oscaro.

With the demise of Armée de terre at the end of 2017, he was determined to continue his dream of being a pro rider so he went to the internet to raise funds to self-finance and continue his career. Having successfully raised 40.000 euros his endeavour has just been rewarded with a contract with Fortuneo-Oscaro. Good luck to him.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/Romain-le-roux-recrute-et-auto-finance/861812
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Fair play, this really classy from Orica-Scott:

https://twitter.com/OricaScott/status/946936309305577472
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Tekkers to Cofidis

Pleased he found a team, and hopefully they're not utterly irrelevant to anything anymore.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tekleha ... th-cofidis
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inseine
    The Teklehaimanot transfer to Cofidis is said to be part of their, along with a new manager, to reinvent themselves. We'll see at Dubai I guess. Good luck to them.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    inseine wrote:
    The Teklehaimanot transfer to Cofidis is said to be part of their, along with a new manager, to reinvent themselves. We'll see at Dubai I guess. Good luck to them.

They seem to have a bit more ambition about them, which can only be a good thing. They've spent at least a decade as the team you'd be least likely to notice had actually folded three years ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    for as long as they have bouhanni involved slating his leadout team, they are a source of mirth for me.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Joelsim wrote:
    Costa is now listed on PCS as an Axeon for next year.

Not racing for Axeon in 2018. Says his heart is not 100% in it. According to CN he hasn't raced since team mate Chad Young died from a race crash in April 17.