• yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Sky 49:41
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    sky 49:41 +44 second
  • imatfaal
    Movistar 8 second in front of BMC at midpoint check!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    imatfaal wrote:
    sky 49:41 +44 second

A minute closer than wheelgate.
    Movistar will get close to BMC
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    GOOOOO ONNNNN MOVISTAR id love to see Valverde taking this race
  • blazing_saddles
    Valverde is going to have a huge chunk of time advantage over the main GC climbers.
    Game over on Day 2.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Valverde is going to have a huge chunk of time advantage over the main GC climbers.
    Game over on Day 2.

Is he in form though?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    RichN95 wrote:
    Oh the jolly japes that feckinautocorrect throws up Sagan = Satan, Carthy = Cathy. My how we laughed. Not.

But more importantly will Radcliffe and Maconie be giving race updates on 6 Music? Got to be better to listen to than CK.
    I saw Chris Groomed on here yesterday.

One of mine. I blame having a new phone which has not been taught the language of the professional sport of cycling (™ Paul Sherwin)

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scie ... 0328107514
  • Vino'sGhost
    movistar catch their 3min men
  • yourpaceormine
    Movistar about to catch the team in front. Footage a few moments ago looked like they might have been getting a bit of assistance from a motorbike
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,924
    Spanish team getting assistance from a moto in a Spanish race? Surely not?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yourpaceormine
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Spanish team getting assistance from a moto in a Spanish race? Surely not?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm as surprised as you.
  • Vino'sGhost
    WOOOOP Valverde wins the overall :)
  • imatfaal
    Movistar 48:55 first place
  • blazing_saddles
    Nobody in BMC should be able to out climb Valverde and everybody else are too far back.

Piti just nips ahead to pinch the leader's jersey from Castro: classy.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    I'm as surprised as you.

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Nobody in BMC should be able to out climb Valverde and everybody else are too far back.

Won't the leader's jersey will be worn by however finished highest yesterday? (Rojas if he finished with the others)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • imatfaal

1000m climb to MTF - surely enough if one of the pure climbers wants it to be?

I had always assumed those things were all sorted out by the team in advance - seriously bad for team morale if they are playing silly buggers like that.
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:

Won't the leader's jersey will be worn by however finished highest yesterday? (Rojas if he finished with the others)

Yes if Rojas was there at the end. I hadn't realised
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Milton50 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    The problem for him though is that if you are a bit cocky and aggressive, but don't back it up with results, then you just end up looking like a bit of a be!lend.

53 pro wins at the age of 26, including 5 GT stages would suggest that he does back it up with results.

He doesn't.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/statisti ... ry-ranking

He's 13th, and the youngest rider in the top 20, of the current riders victory ranking.
  • andyp
    BMC complaining, although it's not clear if they've made an official complaint, that Movistar riders were breaking the rules by pushing fellow riders during the TT. There are a couple of incidents being shown on Twitter, which are very clear that pushes, which are not allowed, were happening, so they might get a time penalty.
  • andyp
    One minute penalty is the standard for pushing - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cervelo ... qatar-ttt/
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    3 minute penalty for Rojas, but no-one else (which seems an odd way of doing it)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    @inrng reporting that Rojas has got a 3 minute penalty, Valverde the new leader.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    ridiculous

always in Spain , spanish riders or members of spanish teams are blatantly favoured.
  • andyp
    andyp wrote:
    @inrng reporting that Rojas has got a 3 minute penalty, Valverde the new leader.

Surely you have to punish the team, as Rojas' contributions will have helped them win the stage?

When in Spain...
  • andyp
    The UCI rules are clear, 1' penalty for all members of the team. What a stitch up.
  • andyp wrote:
    The UCI rules are clear, 1' penalty for all members of the team. What a stitch up.

Spanish shenanigans, ole!

This is pony