• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Uh oh. Wonaldo...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Pinno wrote:
    Uh oh. Wonaldo...
    Bit of a bad night for Mr. Narcissism. Still, he can always make a few extra bob by selling BP the drilling rights to his hair.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Pinno wrote:
    Uh oh. Wonaldo...
    Icing on a perfect day.
    100 mile cycle and back to beers in the sun followed by that face after the miss. (Amongst other things)
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Although Italy look fairly decent, I think it's fair to say that their standing in world football has gone downhill when two of the starting lineup play for Sunderland and Southampton. That would never have happened 10 years ago.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Although Italy look fairly decent, I think it's fair to say that their standing in world football has gone downhill when two of the starting lineup play for Sunderland and Southampton. That would never have happened 10 years ago.

It's saddens me to say that I agree 100% with this statement - not getting past the first round in the past two World Cups hasn't exactly helped us.

Then again, we won our last World Cup with a sub standard team, so who's to say what they may do this time? Fingers crossed for the best national team in the entire history of the universe to come good again.

And for those who missed it, here it is again. Wonderful. Joyous. Happiness. Goosebumps down my neck every time I see it. Que belleza. Forza Italia. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ehbfgISDEU
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Could explain why the Italians took up rugby :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    49-Funny-Italian-football.gif
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

[Nerd mode on]Much more significant was Franco Baresi's miss. He was first up. In the Serie A season 93/94, Baresi never missed a penalty for Milan - he never took one. Why was Baresi selected for the pens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZo4aY4LLSs

ironically, the Italia squad of 94 was possibly the best Italia squad ever. Baresi played with Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Costacurta, Mauro Tassotti - some of the best defenders in the world at the time with Milan who had 3 consecutive UEFA CL finals during that era. Baggio in 94 was Italy's highest paid footballer.[Nerd mode off]
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:

Sicilian burn coming your way, testa di cazzo. It's like a Chinese burn but with more violin cases and sotto voce mumbling going on ..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Mr Goo wrote:

Just down to money though isn't it? Italian clubs are well behind the other leagues now in matchday revenue and tv deals, playing for Southampton will probably pay a lot better than staying on home soil with Roma or Inter.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Sicilian burn coming your way, testa di cazzo. It's like a Chinese burn but with more violin cases and sotto voce mumbling going on ..........

Come up here and we will immergere le testicoli in pastella, friggerli e mangiarli con salsa al curry innaffiato da Concorde.
  • pinno
    As it stands, Wussia are going home. Which is a good thing.
  • Matthewfalle
    3-0 up. Be singing tonight .....

Utter total domination.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    It is always painful watching England.

Skirtel should be MotM.
  • Matthewfalle
    Wales: two excellent victories, one unlucky defeat, brilliant attitude, support and behavior.

England: ones spozzy victory, two dull draws, arrogant on and off the pitch and utterly appalling behavior by their fans.

Seems to me that the mass media needs to realign it's allegiances.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    We should vote for England to leave the UK.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    FishFish wrote:
    We should vote for England to leave the UK.

That, my friend, is the truest thing I have read in ages.

They'd have to go alone though as no other bugger wants them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Job done but not a great watch.

Almost as disappointing as a diesel 'AMG' :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Almost as disappointing as a hybrid diesel 'AMG' :wink:

Don't forget that.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Almost as disappointing as a hybrid diesel 'AMG' :wink:

Don't forget that.
    Good point. Although to be fair, the AMG body kit does make it look a bit like a real performance car.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Two hours I'll never get back...
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • verylonglegs
    Agree with that PB. I've watched a lot of sport and by that I mean far too much of all sorts of games...rugby, cricket, cycling etc...and that was right up there as the most frustrating 90mins of the lot.
  • pinno
    Agree with that PB. I've watched a lot of sport and by that I mean far too much of all sorts of games...rugby, cricket, cycling etc...and that was right up there as the most frustrating 90mins of the lot.

I would agree but... Did you watch the 3 days De Panne? All that road furniture (odd name for potentially lethal stuff).
    I't's definitely off my 'to watch' calender.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Almost as disappointing as a diesel 'Mazda ' :wink:

Efa
  • verylonglegs
    Pinno wrote:

I would agree but... Did you watch the 3 days De Panne? All that road furniture (odd name for potentially lethal stuff).
    I't's definitely off my 'to watch' calender.

Cycling is easier to watch as it doesn't carry the same levels of expectation. You can keep half an eye on it along with someting else, any action is a bonus in a lot of races. Football (not Footy :wink: ) doesn't get away with that leniency.
  • Matthewfalle
    Don't worry - I'll let you cheer on the mighty Azzurri and then you can see style, panache, class and the winning way.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I predict that Woy's boys will get Portugal in next round, with Ronaldo scoring from the spot to put them out.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Our arrogance is astounding.

Also, how can the man in the street know football better than a man paid millions a year to manage them? Drop our 3 best players, Kane taking corners, Wilshere and Henderson clearly not match fit and Sterling out of form yet leaves Townsend and Drinkwater at home. Sturridge should only ever play through the middle whereas Vardy in this team is better suited out wide.

1 win from 6 tournament games now and most that's Roy's been credited with has been forced upon him.
  • Matthewfalle
    Really they shouldn't have beaten the mighty Welsh and should be on their way home now. Fair play that they stuck to it until the last minute, but hey, there are other teams I'd prefer to watch as a neutral.

And it would shut the bloody stupid ITV Englo-obsessed commentary up as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.