Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Bugger.

I'll second that
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Just got back in from work so missed it.

How rubbish were Enggggeeeerrrland's post golden generation golden generation?

Anyhow, a belated C'mon Wales , stick it to the English peasants from Casa MF.
    Hehe.

That was a ma-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-arvelous performance by England :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Bugger.

I'll second that
    Should be an interesting evening down the pub in The Valleys for us tonight :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Can't accuse Roy of playing safe and settling for the point!
  • Whilst England weren't great, Wales got exactly what they deserved from that game - diddly squat
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Rooney the c*nt played really well again in that midfield position - good move Woy.

As an aside. Sturridge only had one passage of play that was good - when he scored. 2 speculative shots and loosing possession twice.
    Sterling is shyte.
    Lallana is a waste of bus space.
    Why not start with Vardy, Sturridge and Rashford?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Cheers MGB - schedule of works was approved. They even back dated the CT I paid to August last year!! Might get a rebate.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Rooney again continues to make me eat my words when I was slagging him off. Sterling however continues to be terrible. I can't see how another minute for him in this tournament can be justified. His confidence is shot to bits and I wonder what his new club manager must make of it. Guardiola likes 1-2 touch football where as right now Sterling needs 4-5 touches and even then still manages to give the ball away. Wouldn't be surprised to see him marginalised or even shunted out on loan.

Hey ho, knockout stages beckon as I'm led to believe there is a no combination of results that will see us miss them now?
  • Pinno wrote:
    Cheers MGB - schedule of works was approved. They even back dated the CT I paid to August last year!! Might get a rebate.

No thanks required - I'm sure you would have achieved the same result without my input. Sound like a reasonable LA but I'm sure they'll revert to type at some point.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gutted about that result. Gutted. Oh well, judging from how Germany, Italy, France and Spain have played (not to mention Iceland) I doubt that Engeeeeeerrrrrrllllaaaannnd will be around much longer.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Gutted about that result. Gutted. Oh well, judging from how Germany, Italy, France and Spain have played (not to mention Iceland) I doubt that Engeeeeeerrrrrrllllaaaannnd will be around much longer.

I don't think any of them have played exceptional footie. You might have to put up with England being in at least another 2 games you taff shagging. leek munching, Dafodil arranging, sheep worshipping, result of an incestuous liaison tw@t.

:D
  • Matthewfalle
    Quote of the night from bobbins commentator on ITV: " he wanted a corner and the referee is going to give him one".

And a corner as well, eh .....

Boom boom! Tish!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

I don't think any of them have played exceptional footie. You might have to put up with England being in at least another 2 games you taff shagging. leek munching, Dafodil arranging, sheep worshipping, result of an incestuous liaison tw@t.

Git :)

Unfortunately I think you're right - we have to put up with them for another couple of games then at lest we can see decent teams play attractive exciting footy. Hopefully not too much media hand wringing when they get knocked out.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Hey ho, knockout stages beckon as I'm led to believe there is a no combination of results that will see us miss them now?
    I'm not convinced that is accurate, even if extremely likely.
    Just enjoy the moments.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Gutted...longer.

I...tw@t.

Git :)

You're welcome.
  • Stevo_666
    Roll on BREXIT them we can deport you for failing Norman Tebbitts 'cricket test'. In the meantime hopefully the war heroes will get their arrises kicked by some other team :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Roll on BREXIT them we can deport you for failing Norman Tebbitts 'cricket test'. In the meantime hopefully the war heroes will get their arrises kicked by some other team :)

You're not one of them are you?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You're not one of them are you?

That's a very astute observation.
  • Stevo_666
    Already voted in but wondering now if I did the right thing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Slag England so we don't jinx it, im with you MF.

Starting with Rashford or Lallana next time? I thought Lallana was as good as anyone the first half but ran out of puff in the second. Rashford looks made for International football and it would be exciting to see what he could do given more pitch time. Obviously Sterling and Kane are out. Alli didn't have a great game and was looking a bit ponderous on the ball.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Kane was a bit out of sorts probably because he didn't fit into that system. Wouldn't a Kane and \Vardy duo be good? Imagine the combined pace.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Are you in the right thread Stevo?!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Are you in the right thread Stevo?!
    Yup, England are still in it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So long as you've made the correct vote, which you have, it's all well and good.

Back to important things:

Any permutations that can get Wales and the Ukraine through leaving Iiinnnggggeeeerrrland coming home before the postcards?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So long as you've made the correct vote, which you have, it's all well and good.

Any permutations that can get Wales and the Ukraine through leaving Iiinnnggggeeeerrrland coming home before the postcards?
    Not really. Ukraine are in another group.
    England could finish 3rd on 4 points and be eliminated if 4 other teams have a better goal difference.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    As soon as I saw that tw4t Joe Hart grinning like an idiot just before Bales free kick, I knew that he was going to get beaten.

He should get a hefty fine for his language in front of the kids in the tunnel. Proves just how ignorant he is.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yep. Slovakia beat England and Wales beat Russia.
  • pinno
    As an aside, I do not think I have seen such a determined last 20 mins of an England international since Bobby Robson in '90.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    edited June 2016
    Pinno wrote:
    Yep. Slovakia beat England and Wales beat Russia.
    But that would leave England on 4 pts and v likely to progress as one of the 4 best 3rd placed teams. Acc to the back of my envelope any other permutation sees England through in 1st or 2nd place, unless <edited for being a load of bollox>.

Word is that the subs were at G Neville's suggestion / insistence and that Hodgson wanted to sit it out till the hour. It doesn't bode well for the next game, and then the one knockout game that we'll get if that's true.
  • pblakeney
    Woy needs to see which players are producing and who is not.
    Make a starting 11 based on that instead of past reputations/purchase price.
    Veronese68 wrote: