Swiss build - FINISHED PHOTO OF THE 'TWINS'

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I'm back. Here that is, not there, but in fact I was there before I got here. But I am here now.

Lug lining is done, story to follow, must go and have a lie down as being there is more tiring than being here.

Ciao, slater.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Once I saw who was posting on this thread I should have known better than to bother reading through the lot in expectation of seeing a nice vintage bike...

You guys do know how to string out a load of nothing!

This thread is just getting started my son.

As an aside, have I told you about Dirk?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    But is it not the journey that is the reward?

We must follow the Tao in order to build this bicycle :D

Might, I said might, apply a Reynolds decal on the morrow, but first I will need to degrease the frame and measure and mark the area correctly and then...tbc
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    My god T47, I think this is going at such a hell of a pace that it is difficult to keep up with. I think i'll have a lie down too.

Book of Change, Tao te ching:

"If one requires change, he must first stretch the elastic. There will become a point when the elastic is stretched to it's limit that change will occur and take on a momentum of it's own and the change will happen and then the person will be powerless to prevent it".
    (Then there is a following sentence about Oranges and Geisha girls but my Japanese isn't that good and it was all rather confusing.)

This however, does not apply to Dirk or Swiss Miss MK2 because unlike in the far East, Western Cultures do not believe that inanimate objects can have a soul. Therefore, change for SMMK2 and Dirk is simply cosmetic or mechanical: unless the protagonists embrace the Tao totally and unequivocally and I have seen no signs of that apart from a fleeting mention of the Tao - not even the scent of a gatepost from a Green Tea plantation or even a bean sprout spore to shake a stick at.
    Which leads me on to the next expression which is from the Old Arabic. It's far more apt but unfortunately loses a lot in translation:

"When the moon winks, the vulture flies sideways".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    'Tis better to travel than arrive .....

The calming journey of the collaboration of the arts, the mind and the senses, coupled with the feeling, thought, the paramour of the construction - nay, the birth of Swiss MkII and THE MIGHTY DIRK are more than just the modern compulsive purchase, the greed of the Taiwanese plastic frame.

It is the weakness of the masses that must be countered by the strength of the animate in inanimate.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    That is top bollox MF. Hat's off to you, especially the clever use of 'paramour'.

Where's T47, has he recovered? Is he ready, motivated, prepared? Has he got the mental stamina to go on? Can he maintain this high standard of prevarication and procrastination?
  • Matthewfalle
    You're right credit and low interest rates is propaganda the government can not afford.

We are about to enter a period of massive inflation, privatisation and precarity which will screw hard working people into the ground. It will be total social Darwinist dog-eat-dog hell and force mass migration but ultimately a necessary phase of globalization and biopolitics in and age where resources are not distributed fairly by technological means and wars no longer kill enough people.

Pharmaceutical companies have stopped investing in antibiotics so the powers that be are obviously hoping a plague will do the trick.

THE MIGHTY DIRK and Swiss MkII will save us.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    That went swimmingly until this:
    THE MIGHTY DIRK and Swiss MkII will save us.

I am now stuffing my face with toast and jam: the preferred preparation of the Great Mr G Obree. The only difference is the butter. Theoretically, I could be as quick as G O'B but as I am wholly adversed to the idea of toast without butter, i'll just have to remain slow.

Meanwhile, T47 is observing this from afar - there not here. All these deep philosophical ramblings are simply fuelling his justification for slowing the whole thing down as it panders to his deep Nietzschesque desire to be the centre of attention - a closet exhibitionist . Therefore, if we want him to post something, we should give him the silent treatment.
  • Matthewfalle
    Nice - can't beat a bit of toast and jam. Personally, steak and onion pie and curry Pot Noodle for my elevenses - food of kings.

T is definitely there nor here or afar or even near - I believe he has a watching brief and although feels that he is in control is actually out of control while his subconscious related to the impulsive above the feelings out guilt, sexuality and repressive ownership.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    [^ Nods head in agreement... then shakes head in disbelief. ]
    Personally, I know he's a bit complicated but he is displaying an aggressive outward pride coupled with exhibitionism, so I beg to differ - he's using shiny bits to break out of the incarceration, social obscurity and limitations of being diminutive. Although this is very sexist and Freudian; if he had big Norks and was female, we wouldn't give a fark - we would just grin and nod our heads.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    dont mention freud!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    I think that he's fighting against both a suppressed and exaggerated sexuality - he is manifesting the suppression as a a desire to produce the shiniest bike possible but exaggerating the suppression in the same manner.

The fact that he's living in Switzerland, itself the country of suppression, secrecy and eggs ration of suppressed historical and future harmony, the parsimony of which cannot be faulted, yet is vaunted, shows his feelings, upbringing and desires.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...The fact that he's living in Switzerland...

Err... Portugal.
  • Matthewfalle
    That's what he says. But considering he's neither here nor there, he's probably elsewhere. Man of the world.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    He is immersed in the country of whatever Vino he is drinking. Chile, Argentina, Portugal, Hungary...

The fickle shy away from this analysis seeing it only as a reflection of their own impotence and inadequacy, or at least the inability to polish aluminium until it blinds anyone who dare look at it: It will become a lethal ensemble like Medusa and a triumph of idleness.
  • Matthewfalle
    I don't think he's classy enough to drink Hungarian: he's probably on the Afghani rose or similar. Somalian red.

To error is human, to arrrr is pirate. He is trying to negate the frailties of his demeanor and the shadow existence is his true being by polishing bicycle parts to a mirror shine only to hold the abject fear of going anywhere with any slight moisture in the air and all his hard work turning into shiny dull metal with a few spots of rust on it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    Enuff already, OK I get the message, actually I've am giving wine a rest at the moment allowing the wine producers a chance to catch up, so this strange new world is apparently reality and is called sober :D

No post today :cry:

Reynolds decal applied and two light coats of acrylic clear coat applied to the decal and a 2mm border to seal edges, don't want to clear coat the whole frame, I like paint and polish as a finish.

Lug lining, the story...

I tried a rigger, I tried my ruling pen, the surface of old original paint, lug brazing splatters and general lumpy surface which wouldn't be there on a stripped and repainted frame meant that the finish was let's say a little less than satisfactory :oops:

So thirty years as a designer counted for nought, cleaned it up and got Mrs T to do it, going with the theory that she's the artist and it's HER BIKE and knowing she has always been better with a brush than me, and it's HER BIKE :wink:

She made a better job than me, it's a 3m finish (looks great from 3 metres away!) mine was a 10m finish so...result, well she can't criticise the finish anyway, crafty dontyathink :D

Pics from 3m away to follow...

Sterling effort on the thread in my absence BTW, the path of understanding this build is simply accepting yourself. Live life and discover who you are. Your nature is ever changing and is always the same. Don’t try to resolve the various contradictions in life, instead learn acceptance of your nature and this build will make perfect sense.
  • Matthewfalle
    The transient over the intransigent.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    To error is human, to arrrr is pirate

If Carlsberg made up sayings...
  • team47b

I'm more contumacious.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    To error is human, to arrrr is pirate

If Carlsberg made up sayings...

:)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

I'm more contumacious.

Contumacious:

Obstinate, stubborn, perverse, rebellious, intractable, recalcitrant, haughty, intransigent, headstrong, obdurate, stiff-necked, disobedient, refractory, pig-headed, insubordinate.

I'm not arguing with you.

I think that this rebuild thingammewotsit warrants a book - an alternative to that tw@tt who wrote about a method of motor bike maintenance as if it fixing a motorbike required use of a form of Buddhism (boy, he was flattering himself).
    In fact, I truly believe that human kind took a nose dive after it was published: It was not a coincidence that gone were the days of peaceful protest and women with long hair and summer dresses. Harmless hallucinogens were usurped by the dragon chasers, getting high on a contaminated version of opium. Nixon admitted his foibles. Margaret Thatcher took over as head of the Tory party. The cold war began in earnest...
    This is your chance to resurrect the hippy era and turn ISIS into flower sellers and a global embroidery organisation. It will be an opus of biblical proportions and impact for world peace, LSD production and bike restoration (Buy shares in Autosol now).
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I'm more contumacious.

Contumacious:

Obstinate, stubborn, perverse, rebellious, intractable, recalcitrant, haughty, intransigent, headstrong, obdurate, stiff-necked, disobedient, refractory, pig-headed, insubordinate.

I'm not arguing with you.

I think that this rebuild thingammewotsit warrants a book - an alternative to that tw@tt who wrote about a method of motor bike maintenance as if it fixing a motorbike required use of a form of Buddhism (boy, he was flattering himself).
    In fact, I truly believe that human kind took a nose dive after it was published: It was not a coincidence that gone were the days of peaceful protest and women with long hair and summer dresses. Harmless hallucinogens were usurped by the dragon chasers, getting high on a contaminated version of opium. Nixon admitted his foibles. Margaret Thatcher took over as head of the Tory party. The cold war began in earnest...
    This is your chance to resurrect the hippy era and turn ISIS into flower sellers and a global embroidery organisation. It will be an opus of biblical proportions and impact for world peace, LSD production and bike restoration (Buy shares in Autosol now).

Oh, Gawd - Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. Pirsig. What. Pile of shyyyte. Twice I've tried to read it, twice I've got to the chapter called something like "Quality" - page 80ish. Twice I've hit it with a hammer and thrown it into next door's garden.

I once gave a copy to someone I didn't like telling him it was a great read and to persevere with it as it's brilliant just to clog up his life and waste his time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Maybe you should give a copy to your driving instructor.

Pirsig - 'too clever for his philosophy lecturer'.
  • Matthewfalle
    He's too stupid to be able to read. Maybe I could Sellotape a copy around a pick elf no play him with it?

Imagine a Pirsig vs Ugo of these forums rap battle. That would rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    Progress today, well for me it's progress :D

One foil wheel decal applied and clear coated :D

(Yesterday was Reynolds decal applied and clear coated)

Had post today, Wahey! :D

All the decals arrived, stripes and type, once these are done I guess I could build up the bike :D

Once these are done... :wink:
  • pinno
    You said:
    team47b wrote:
    Enuff...Pics from 3m away to follow...

You lied.
  • team47b
    The wheel with added decal :D