Canyon - Waited 8 months for my order

Comments

• jimmurray wrote:
    From my current experience they are still suffering issues.

Care to elaborate?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jimmurray
    jimmurray Posts: 130
    Ordered a set of wheels nearly two weeks ago. Delivery address details copied across incorrectly. Email received saying problem with credit card, contact card company who told me payment had been taken. Check balance, yep, they have taken it. Next day, they've put it back. Get notification of delivery, result. Check details as they've given me two tracking numbers. Yep, wheels are being sent out separately. According to tracking both wheels were ready at exactly the same time, one will be delivered tomorrow, the other still hasn't been picked up by ups. Trying to contact canyon support via phone or online chat facility is a non starter.
  • Stu517
    Stu517 Posts: 41
    I ordered on 23rd July, was quoted delivery between 8-12og August but received bike yesterday (4th August).

They really seem to have sorted things out. Bike looks fantastic. Only thing is I didn't get a 3 pronged plug for Di2 charger. Is that normal!?!
  • smithy05
    smithy05 Posts: 114
    jimmurray wrote:
    Ordered a set of wheels nearly two weeks ago. Delivery address details copied across incorrectly. Email received saying problem with credit card, contact card company who told me payment had been taken. Check balance, yep, they have taken it. Next day, they've put it back. Get notification of delivery, result. Check details as they've given me two tracking numbers. Yep, wheels are being sent out separately. According to tracking both wheels were ready at exactly the same time, one will be delivered tomorrow, the other still hasn't been picked up by ups. Trying to contact canyon support via phone or online chat facility is a non starter.

Can I ask how you resolved this issue with the card payment, assuming it is now resolved?

I have also just ordered a set and received an email saying the payment did not go through, even though barclaycard are saying it has gone through?
  • jimmurray
    Got an email from Canyon two days later saying to ignore previous email, it was a mistake. Actually got two wheels delivered on Friday although uk canyon support said one was still in Germany. Also got call from ups as line was missing from delivery address and didn't know where to deliver to even though canyon uk had amended it. The Canyon computer systems are still a mess.
  • smithy05
    smithy05 Posts: 114
    Looks like I have all of this to look forward to then! So it took nearly two weeks for your wheels to arrive?
  • jimmurray
    Yes, ordered on 24th, order confirmation gave despatch date 25 - 29, delivered on 5th. Looks like they still have issues with order entry, order maintenance, payment and delivery systems.
  • glubbuk
    glubbuk Posts: 13
    Grrrr...

Sadly (or maybe not) I didn't spot this thread until after ordering an Endurace 9 yesterday. I hope all of the problems are getting sorted.

My order confirmation states a provisional shipping date of 26th-30th September (although on the website it stated 19th-24th).

I will update as the order processes (or not as I am now fearing)!
  • glubbuk wrote:
    Grrrr...

Sadly (or maybe not) I didn't spot this thread until after ordering an Endurace 9 yesterday. I hope all of the problems are getting sorted.

My order confirmation states a provisional shipping date of 26th-30th September (although on the website it stated 19th-24th).

TBF, not many people buy a bike at the end of the cycling season so you should be ok
  • glubbuk

TBF, not many people buy a bike at the end of the cycling season so you should be ok

Damn it... Here I am trying to become a cyclist and I've now gone and ordered my bike at the wrong time ... :wink:

On a serious note, hope you're right as I'd like to get a couple of dry rides in on the new bike before I tuck it up in bed in the spare room for the winter!
  • glubbuk
    glubbuk wrote:
    Grrrr...

Update - Today I have received an updated order confirmation stating a provisional shipping date of 12th-16th September. Canyon have also had credit card payment rejected by my bank - bank not used to me spending lots on bikes - they'd probably better learn to live with that ;-)

Used Canyon chat - only had to wait a few minutes for an available representative and issue was dealt with efficiently.

So far, so good.
  • jimmurray
    Just had my aeroad deliverd three weeks ahead of schedule. Some scratches on the top tube but ok apart from that.
  • glubbuk
    Endurace delivered this morning, a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Only removed it from the packaging so far but all looks to be in order.

Seems like Canyon have addressed and sorted their delivery problems, at least from my experience.

No to try to complete a day of work without straying to often from the office to the living room to play with the new toy. :D (And I'll obviously move it to a different location before the wife returns from work this evening.) :wink:
  • Globbuk - looks like you were lucky - I ordered a Endurace CF 9.0 on 20th July and so far no bike ! - last night got an e-mail from Canyon UK saying problems with delivery of components at German factory and delivery of bike to me now expected week 40 (beginning October).
    Seems Canyon still have problems with giving accurate delivery dates and their Customer service is pretty poor as well !
  • mnbaldwin wrote:
    Globbuk - looks like you were lucky - I ordered a Endurace CF 9.0 on 20th July and so far no bike ! - last night got an e-mail from Canyon UK saying problems with delivery of components at German factory and delivery of bike to me now expected week 40 (beginning October).
    Seems Canyon still have problems with giving accurate delivery dates and their Customer service is pretty poor as well !

That's crazy. I wonder if they just happened to find a spare one at the factory. Originally I was quoted two different dates ranging from mid-September to end of September. I ordered the grey/blue one in small. Delivery times for black and for different sizes were all longer when I placed the order. (Needed small but the colour didn't bother me either way.)

Hopefully they will surprise you and you'll get it earlier. The wait will be worth it. Good luck.
  • Dizeee
    Dizeee Posts: 337
    I am really keen to get a bike for Spring but am worried about being let down. I have tried their chat site which after multiple failed attempts I managed to get through to a bot, but they didnt answer my question just remained mute.
  • Dizeee wrote:
    I am really keen to get a bike for Spring but am worried about being let down. I have tried their chat site which after multiple failed attempts I managed to get through to a bot, but they didnt answer my question just remained mute.

Sounds a bit like my experiences with Halfords
  • Considering ordering an Endurance 8.0 for the Mrs but have seen this thread along with countless others and now am having second thoughts.

Seems it is pot luck even if it says they are in stock on the website....
  • If it says from stock then usually its ok
  • If it says from stock then usually its ok

I ordered my 3rd Canyon at the end of August only to receive an email 9 days later that they were out of stock. Despite calling twice and them confirming that all is ok. Payment was authorized etc.

Finally got my money back on the 13th day. So even if it says stock it might not be correct.

They have however given me the same discount on a 2017 bike and i'm awaiting delivery. Estimated mid Oct due to their annual stock take next week.
  • I was looking at a Canyon before I read these posts. Brought a Focus Cayo instead.
  • Finally received my Endurace CF9.0 yesterday (ordered 20th July) - It is beautiful !! :D
  • Dizeee
    So the EXACT bike I want is now on the Canyone website. An AL Endurace, in full cherry red colour sporting hydraulic discs - all for under £1500. I clicked on it to buy it there and then as having spent so much time trawling the outlet over the last 6 months I missed these new coloured steeds, but both the AL 7 and 8 in the blue and red colours are not available until, they say, May. That means to me that these are going to be just like the stories I read above, and if I were to buy one I would not expect to see it until after summer.

I don't mind waiting a month or so, but I don't want the hardship of an uncertain and then unfruitful wait.
  • balb0wa
    balb0wa Posts: 32
    Ordered this on Friday, not a bad price ,from the outlet, new condition as well, nearly bought a used one with marks on for the same price a day before, then on Friday they lowered the price on the used one and put a new one up for the same price as the used one was the day before!

Couldnt build one myself for the price, wheels are about £500 a pair, groupset £1050, seat post £100, saddle £100 etc. Then we have the frame!

Not got an order number yet, had email confirmation though, didnt want a new new one due to the delays people are getting.

3535353.jpg
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Ordered a Speedmax in November for Feb delivery...contacted them last month because I'd read a post on road.cc about delays...it had been delayed to June...no contact from them. If I hadn't contacted them a bike just wouldn't have turned up and my TT season would have got off to crap start.

Cancelled my order. I've always wanted a Canyon but the brand is now dead to me.
  • I was looking at a Canyon before I read these posts. Brought a Focus Cayo instead.

Funnily enough I was also considering a Canyon prior to viewing this thread, then I decided to headbutt a concrete bridge pillar instead.
  • But it was just a computer glitch last year that's been sorted now!

Yeah right.
  • Dizeee
    Well, having failed to find an acceptable deal on the outlet over the last 6 months I have now done what I said I would not do and ordered a new bike. The new Endurace AL Disc is exactly what I want and typically is one of the only models on a pre order. I have asked and asked and researched and researched, and come to the conclusion that it is worth the risk. I don't pay until 2 weeks prior to shipping so no money lost in the short term. I have been repeatedly assured by Canyon that the days of huge delays and backlogs are behind them and that their continued success can only be possible from a majority happy customer base.

So, we will see what happens. My shipping date is May 12th, and as along as I have it by June I will be happy. If delays start ad things go downhill I will re assess, but I am feeling positive.
  • penski
    penski Posts: 124
    Dizeee wrote:
    Well, having failed to find an acceptable deal on the outlet over the last 6 months I have now done what I said I would not do and ordered a new bike. The new Endurace AL Disc is exactly what I want and typically is one of the only models on a pre order. I have asked and asked and researched and researched, and come to the conclusion that it is worth the risk. I don't pay until 2 weeks prior to shipping so no money lost in the short term. I have been repeatedly assured by Canyon that the days of huge delays and backlogs are behind them and that their continued success can only be possible from a majority happy customer base.

So, we will see what happens. My shipping date is May 12th, and as along as I have it by June I will be happy. If delays start ad things go downhill I will re assess, but I am feeling positive.

Good luck. I started this thread quite unhappy with Canyon, but ended it a year later also making the decision to go ahead with a new purchase, and have been happy with my bike.

Let us know how it goes.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Bought 2 Endurace SLXs last year. Both came within a couple of weeks of the estimated date - one early, one late.

This despite the lead times being 4 months due to their allocated build slot. Seems that they build batches of the same bikes for a couple of weeks at at time.

That makes 4 Canyons in the household bought over the past 5 years. None have been more than 2 weeks late, 3 of the 4 have been a week or so early. Then again maybe I was lucky to have missed the 'computer glitch'?