Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• peteb0
    peteb0 Posts: 58
    peteb0 wrote:
    Still need to pick a powermeter and chainset combo!

Hmm, power meters..

I've finally made my decision and placed an order for a Power2Max-Rotor 3D+ combination - updated pics to follow once its on the bike. My powertap wheel will now just reside on the turbo with one of the other bikes

On a related topic, I went out for a short spin on the Supersix yesterday evening after it'd been confined indoors all winter. The difference in feel versus my alu synapse is huge, everything feels so direct and the shift quality (DA/Ultegra mix) is night and day versus the 5700 105 on the synapse. :D
  • In my opinion , the age of frame will make no difference. I am fussy and have always had campagnolo kit where you can trim the front mech click by click which I like . The 10 speed SRAM red front mech in comparison seemed a bit twangy and only had 1 or 2 clicks to adjust , also very tricky to align and the cable tension was critical to get the best operation. I'm an average mechanic , bit rough.
    The 11 speed I believe corrected this so would be more acceptable.
    As for fast sportives and racing ,10 or 11 speed makes no difference. Choose your wide range cassette and a set of clinchers for sportives, and keep the vision tubular wheels with close ratio cassette to race on.

I've just bought this bike.
    To convert it to 11 speed you just need the right hand shifter, a chain and cassette.
    Ive listed my wheels on ebay but I'm tempted to keep them for best, a can of pitstop is all you should need out on the road. The competition tubs are fantastic with same puncture protection as GP4000's.
    The 2013 frame is the same Hi-Mod one that was used up until the 2016 version.
    I have it on good authority from a Cannondale team rider that all the team preferred the older Hi-Mod frame.
    I'll pop some photos on here when I get my bike finished tonight.
    Pauls have some crazy deals and they were very helpful when I emailed them.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Funny thing the Supersix. I got my stem right now. But sometimes I wonder if my position is right. Too high? Too low? Drop the bars more? Narrower bars?

I get those thoughts when I cycle to work at a relaxed 18 mph average. Nothing aches, nothing really niggles but I get them.

And then, I knock out some really fast rides home, I grip the bars a bit more, I don't sit up, I can feel myself rotating my hips slightly forward. And it sings. I take hold of it and it goes where I want it to. I make it go quicker and it responds. Then I sit up occasionally and treat it like an endurance bike. It does that, but it's not made for that. Great bike, demands to be ridden.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Funny thing the Supersix. I got my stem right now. But sometimes I wonder if my position is right. Too high? Too low? Drop the bars more? Narrower bars?

I get those thoughts when I cycle to work at a relaxed 18 mph average. Nothing aches, nothing really niggles but I get them.

And then, I knock out some really fast rides home, I grip the bars a bit more, I don't sit up, I can feel myself rotating my hips slightly forward. And it sings. I take hold of it and it goes where I want it to. I make it go quicker and it responds. Then I sit up occasionally and treat it like an endurance bike. It does that, but it's not made for that. Great bike, demands to be ridden.

Best bike I have ridden. Period. Shame the fit was not there for me, but I concur, the bike 'frame' is something else. Has a snap and verve when you accelerate like nothing else and I have ridden some cracking bikes.
  • Here's mine, 99% finished.
    Waiting for back surgery, after that I'll lower the front a little.
    11 speed SRAM red, Cero AR30's, speedplays.
    6.35kg
    2eltpc6.jpg
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    So here's mine last week at the top of the Coll d'Honor above Bunyola in Mallorca, god knows how it got up there with me on board :oops:
    Like everyone else I'm well chuffed with it and not just becasue I got it for £1250 before upgrades :D
    Cannondale Supersix Evo Racing Force 2015
    Swap outs
    Wheels to Mavic Ksyrium Elites
    Bars Planet-X Strada Lite
    Black Ti bolts added to stem
    Sram Red Bar Tape
    BOR Chainrings
    Selle Italia SLR Saddle
    Time Xpresso 10 Tour Edition Pedals
    6.84kg
    Due some new tyres shortly and could lose 55gr on each but no major upgrades imminent,,, although I say that now !
    IMAG0493.jpg
    IMAG0496.jpg
    IMAG0495.jpgIMAG0494.jpg
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Galatzo wrote:
    So here's mine last week at the top of the Coll d'Honor above Bunyola in Mallorca, god knows how it got up there with me on board :oops:
    Like everyone else I'm well chuffed with it and not just becasue I got it for £1250 before upgrades :D
    Cannondale Supersix Evo Racing Force 2015
    Swap outs
    Wheels to Mavic Ksyrium Elites
    Bars Planet-X Strada Lite
    Black Ti bolts added to stem
    Sram Red Bar Tape
    BOR Chainrings
    Selle Italia SLR Saddle
    Time Xpresso 10 Tour Edition Pedals
    6.84kg
    Due some new tyres shortly and could lose 55gr on each but no major upgrades imminent,,, although I say that now !
    IMAG0493.jpg
    IMAG0496.jpg
    IMAG0495.jpgIMAG0494.jpg

Love your chainrings, bike looks great. Nice work.
  • bristolpete
    Interesting one, but been test riding a TCR Adv Pro 2016 and have to say, totally average compared to the Evo. The bike is stiff, light and strong, but has no snap or verve when you snap the pedals to accelerate. Never known anything like it and was expecting the bike to rock, but no, absolutely shocking to be honest. It is however good as tap it out seated climbs. The shop leant me a TCR SL too, with ISP and again good, but the evo is so much better than it....hands down a better bike. Demoing a Synapse next to see if it has the snap required, coupled with comfort.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    If you had £300 for wheels for a Six Evo what would you buy? The RS11's that came as standard are as soft as cheese.

I fancy the 6800 Ultegra's. They seem to be decent value for money at a little over £200.
  • bristolpete
    [url][/url]
    Germcevoy wrote:
    If you had £300 for wheels for a Six Evo what would you buy? The RS11's that came as standard are as soft as cheese.

I fancy the 6800 Ultegra's. They seem to be decent value for money at a little over £200.

Keep saving and buy some Mavic Ksyrium Elite. Fantastic wheels for the money.
  • germcevoy
    [url][/url]
    Germcevoy wrote:

Never been drawn to Mavics. Always read reports of crap freehub bodies then moved on.
  • bristolpete
    Germcevoy wrote:
    [url][/url]
    Germcevoy wrote:

Never been drawn to Mavics. Always read reports of crap freehub bodies then moved on.

Pinch of salt. Others say the same about cheesy Shimano hubs and move on. They are all good wheels I think.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Germcevoy wrote:

I'd be tempted by these : http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/a ... -dealx.htm

The 31mm deep variety are 1565grams and work out to be only £207.20 with the 20% discount code. They are built with aero, CX-Ray spokes. The 19mm inner rim width should give a nice tyre footprint and allow low tyre pressures too.
  • bendertherobot
    I've seriously impressed by the Fulcrum Quattro. They're heavy if you have grams in your head when thinking about them but they fly, very stiff and I just don't feel them on the climbs
  • galatzo
    If you liked the BOR Chainrings they're a bargain at this price compared to the RRP (and compared to Spiderrings.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOR-Road-Bike ... mTy_xwrkFw
    Got mine from Germany before these came on Ebay UK but its a clearance site for some UK agent so all good from my experience.
  • germcevoy
    I've seriously impressed by the Fulcrum Quattro. They're heavy if you have grams in your head when thinking about them but they fly, very stiff and I just don't feel them on the climbs

They look the part. Slightly put off by a poor experience with a set of Fulcrum 7's but that could have been down to bad luck. Weight is a bit of a factor. I'm 58kg with not much weight to save on myself so I'd take it where I can get it on the bike.
  • gusm41
    gusm41 Posts: 92
    Just finished building my Supersix, I know stem upside down just helps my bad back at the moment.
    IMG_0303.jpg
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    ^ love that colorway
  • bristolpete
    Random question, but, after having installed praxis 68mm adaptor to my evo and being hugely impressed, I bought another one as building a Synapse as love the way 'dale bikes ride, really great machines. But, I realise this is 73mm, so I googled praxis options who advise that they do not adapt or support the 73mm BB30A option.

However, looking at the webpage I realise that 73mm is MTB standard and they do this, in hollow tech II for Shimano cranks. Has anyone used this as a work around or option for BB30A as makes sense to me ?!?!? Would it work, or am I missing the point as assymetric bb area ?

https://praxiscycles.com/wp-content/upl ... ConvBB.pdf

Thanks in advance.
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    i think that there is different spacing for MTB cranks, very slightly
    (like your chain line would be off by 2.5mm or something).

only solution i know is c-bear BB30A pressfit

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/bott ... face-rotor

i guess praxis will come out with a road 73mm shortly.
  • After some deliberating I've decided to upgrade to a Supersix from Paul's Cycles. I'm about 5ft 8, does anybody have any thoughts on whether a 54 would be suitable?
    Many thanks
  • After some deliberating I've decided to upgrade to a Supersix from Paul's Cycles. I'm about 5ft 8, does anybody have any thoughts on whether a 54 would be suitable?
    Many thanks

It may be suitable, it may not. I'm 5ft 9 and ride a 52 Nano with a 110mm stem
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jamin100
    jamin100 Posts: 72
    I'm 5'9 and ride a 54 with 90mm stem. I think you'll be fine with a 54
  • bendertherobot
    I'm 5ft 10 and ride a 54 with a 90.

No really I am definitely 5ft 10 and anyone who claims otherwise I WILL fight you.
  • bristolpete
    Try one, don't become another victim of the Cannondale evo sizing curse ! :-) I reckon a 52cm a safer bet.
  • Germcevoy wrote:

I love my DA 9000 C24s, so assuming they are a slightly heavier version I'd say they'd be a good bet. Hubs spin up beautifully.

The 6800 wheels are on my shortlist for spare set/training bike if I can find the cash.
  • germcevoy
    After some deliberating I've decided to upgrade to a Supersix from Paul's Cycles. I'm about 5ft 8, does anybody have any thoughts on whether a 54 would be suitable?
    Many thanks

I'm 5ft 8 and went for a 52. See original post and first few pages.

It was the right choice for me but I reckon a 54 would have did just as good.
  • germcevoy
    Germcevoy wrote:

I love my DA 9000 C24s, so assuming they are a slightly heavier version I'd say they'd be a good bet. Hubs spin up beautifully.

The 6800 wheels are on my shortlist for spare set/training bike if I can find the cash.

I think I'll go for them. They should feel substantially better than the rs11 and should take a battering well.
  • Thank you for the feedback! I guess I had in the back of my mind that a 52 might be more appropriate.
  • galatzo
    I'm 5ft 7" and ride a 52 as per below, 70cm centre bb to top of saddle, 100mm stem and very short reach bars and often wonder what a 50 would be like.
    52 has a 53.5 top tube which for the size given is pretty long.
    Depends on how your going to ride it, go bigger and longer if your flexy and are racing or smaller with a spacer if cruising around.
    IMAG0493.jpg[/url