New £400 disc wheels?

167891012»

Comments

• tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Has anybody run the A21 Pro-Lite Revo as thru axle yet? I have the conversion kit for the rear which came with the wheelset, but nothing was included for the front wheel. I have a thru axle frame arriving soon so I need to know whats required for the front wheel conversion?
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    They should have come with the end caps for 15mm front thru-axle. Mine did. Just remove the QR endcaps and insert the 15mm ones. They dont come with the axle itself though. This wasnt a problem for me as the bike I wanted to use them on already had one. If you are buying frame only then I guess you would need to buy the axle but that should be all.
  • tincaman
    apreading wrote:
    They should have come with the end caps for 15mm front thru-axle. Mine did. Just remove the QR endcaps and insert the 15mm ones. They dont come with the axle itself though. This wasnt a problem for me as the bike I wanted to use them on already had one. If you are buying frame only then I guess you would need to buy the axle but that should be all.
    I have two end caps and an axle, I assumed it was for the rear to adjust the spacing out to 142mm.
  • apreading
    The end caps are 15mm for the front, the axle is for the rear and is 12mm. You will need a 15mm thru axle for the front - from any brand.
  • tincaman
    I have a problem then because the front of the new frame is 12mm
  • apreading
    Yeah - if you bought from Wiggle this is what you will have:

pro-lite-revo-hubs.jpg?w=1800&h=1800&a=7

I think you can get 12mm front end caps for the front, something like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOVATEC-Conve ... 2929351019

or

http://www.ridewill.it/p/en/novatec-320 ... bs/261947/

Are you sure the front fork is 12mm? 15mm is more common up front, with 12mm more common at the rear.
  • tincaman
    Yes 12mm, I had to double check
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    So last night when I got home I found out that one of the spokes from the rear wheel had broken at the nipple. They still have 7 months warranty and have started a support case with Wiggle, will let you know how I get on.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • apreading
    Is that the Prolite Revo Gabriel? How long is the warranty on them?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    One set of mine has had light use, and one is unused and still sat in the box - I also have a pair of Mavic Aksium disc wheels, that people want to buy for peanuts - wondering if I should flog the new prolites on ebay, cut my losses and hang onto the Mavic instead.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    One set of mine has had light use, and one is unused and still sat in the box - I also have a pair of Mavic Aksium disc wheels, that people want to buy for peanuts - wondering if I should flog the new prolites on ebay, cut my losses and hang onto the Mavic instead.

You should definitively buy less stuff
    left the forum March 2023
  • gabriel959
    Yep, Pro Lite Revo A21. 2 years I think. I have done 4300km on them, always on the road. Pro Lite say that they have a 2 year warranty.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • apreading
    Good to know. That means my first pair are still in warranty until January, the second until March.

The second set have never been used. The ones I am running have been great so far but I keep checking for stress fractures in the rim around the spoke holes, just in case. I am paranoid that I havent run the other set though and there could be a problem lurking there...
  • daniel_b
    Daniel B wrote:

You should definitively buy less stuff

I know that!

Ebay is about to get hit hard - their selling mechanism is a lot easier and useful that it used to be - sadly the calssifieds on here, which I have sold loads of stuff in past years, seems to either not be used much, or people want to pay peanuts for quality gear. So ebay it is, or I'd rather give stuff to cycling charities, that give quality kit away for next to nothing.

One set is for the Synapse for some panaracer gravel tyres I have - do not want to go through the hassle of changing tyres to go off road, just means it will not happen.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • gabriel959
    Just sell them Daniel, you can make a tidy profit and buy something more reliable.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • daniel_b
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Just sell them Daniel, you can make a tidy profit and buy something more reliable.

Yes I think you could be right - oooh, might also be a way I can lever in the build of my TT bike as well.........
    ie I sold these, and used the funds to assemble........

Nice work Gabriel!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Ebay is not designed for you to make money.

Once you take off their slice, which is considerable, paypal slice, the inevitable loss you will make on the postage (always underestimated) there is not much left to party on. If you recoup 40% of what you spent on new and near new stuff you are probably doing very well
    left the forum March 2023
  • daniel_b
    Ebay is not designed for you to make money.

Once you take off their slice, which is considerable, paypal slice, the inevitable loss you will make on the postage (always underestimated) there is not much left to party on. If you recoup 40% of what you spent on new and near new stuff you are probably doing very well

But I'm not looking to make money, only to recoup some - but in this instance, these are the ones that some of us managed to get price matched with Wiggle - mine ended up being £150 actually due to cashback, so if I sell the for anything approaching £200, I am still up on the deal.
    I see a pair sold for £299 recently.

And with regards to clothing, if I'm getting no bites on here, and it seems to be that way then ebay it is - gets it out of the house, and brings some funds in - so it's a good outcome in the scheme of things.

I have quite a bit of Rapha stuff that is now too big for me, most of it in mint condition and a lot of it I bought second hand originally, so I am unlikely to 'lose' much on those items as well - same for a couple of Assos items.

Also liking the way you can schedule auctions to start in x number of days time - my biggest problem in the last year or so, is that I have always thought to myself, 'ah I need to wait until spring to sell my summer jerseys' etc, and then spring comes around, and I never get around to it - assuming I can schedule that far ahead in time, I can now hopefully, get the lsitings and pics done over winter (Bound to be some downtime over Christmas), and they will automatically list in the spring on dates determined by me - brilliant.

Have also considered trying some of the facebook selling groups - perhaps should try them first actually, as no listing fees incurred.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Ebay is not designed for you to make money.

Totally agree with this EBay just mug you off these days. It used to be ok when the selling fee was capped plus postage costs via RM are a joke.
  • gabriel959
    Started the warranty process 2 days ago.

Waiting for 24 hours for the warranty team to check my photos and information. I will let you all know how it goes.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Ebay is not designed for you to make money.

Well, it depends. Seen what some of the Rapha stuff goes for?
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Just bought some 3T Discus Pro's & tried them out today with some Schwalbe 28's, my oh my the road just disappears. They feel more like 32C tyres, not sure if it is because of the wide rim, but very nice road feel.
    The only downside is an insanely loud ratchet on the freehub
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    There's Reynolds Aero 46 Chinchers for Disc Brakes at Canyon for £894.95 available in 16mm or 19mm int. width if anyone fancies a good deal on some carbon deep sections.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Started the warranty process 2 days ago.

Waiting for 24 hours for the warranty team to check my photos and information. I will let you all know how it goes.

So Wiggle have said no, it is not a manufacturing defect that one of the strongest wheelsets they have fails within 17 months, I have put more on this other post. Any help offered will be welcome.

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13078667&p=20227908#p20227908
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Having said that the 3T wheels are really loud, I have now decided that is not such a bad thing as all the peds now hear me coming & the commute feels a bit safer. Really like them so far.
  • Having said that the 3T wheels are really loud, I have now decided that is not such a bad thing as all the peds now hear me coming & the commute feels a bit safer. Really like them so far.

Yep, it has its benefits. Mine is pretty quiet on my commuter and it isn't a good thing
  • Surprised there's been no mention of these in the thread.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-pro-disc- ... d-shimano/
    Look light and a decent price, is there anything to be wary of? I see 24 spokes so less than the 28/32 on the pro-lite's?