Donald Trump

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Yes but it's Trump fanbase speak, he's not talking to you. He knows they are simple folk. Like that wossisname who comes on here.

Meanwhile..

What can it be like sitting as a Manafort trial juror? Your life has changed forever, whatever you decide complete strangers are going to hate you and vilify you. No doubt some of your fellow jurors already do that. When you come out the press will be onto you at every opportunity, your decision is going to be literally forensically examined, distorted, lied about. You are going to be lied about, your background, your family, the works. On the up side it could be a good earner if you don't mind the heat but that'll only last until Trump's impeachment after which you're yesterday's news.

John Grisham eat your heart out.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Robert88 wrote:
    Yes but it's Trump fanbase speak, he's not talking to you.

So there must be times where he is talking but not to his fanbase for example when not even talking about anything related to politics, got any nice coherent and articulate examples? There must be absolutely stacks of them?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,776
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

So there must be times where he is talking but not to his fanbase for example when not even talking about anything related to politics, got any nice coherent and articulate examples? There must be absolutely stacks of them?

Definitely not the one the other day when he consistently read "CBP" from his teleprompter as "CBC", then praised a US border patrolman on being able to speak perfect English.
  • robert88
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

No, I can't say I have. As far as I know he always talks like that.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

If you look back to interviews with Trump from 20/30 years ago, he's a lot more articulate/lucid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • mfin
    Paul Manafort found guilty of 8 counts, 10 outstanding yet to have concensus.

Plus, Michael Cohen is going to plead guilty to a series of charges, including a couple that sound like they relate to the campaign and the Stormy Daniels payment.

...not much fake news there.
  • mfin
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

If you look back to interviews with Trump from 20/30 years ago, he's a lot more articulate/lucid

I absolutely agree with you that he was more coherent 20/30 years ago.

However, the claim (by Robert88) was that his dumb words that I quoted were intentionally crafted like that because when said in that manner they connect with his fanbase. I was pointing out that was untrue and just diversionary bôllocks as I'm sure you agree.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    mfin wrote:

Plus, Michael Cohen is going to plead guilty to a series of charges, including a couple that sound like they relate to the campaign and the Stormy Daniels payment.

Found guilty - or reached a verdict ? Not aware he's been found guilty of anything yet...
  • mfin
    Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Found guilty - or reached a verdict ? Not aware he's been found guilty of anything yet...

Sorry, I was probably speaking in layman's terms, the jury returned guilty verdicts on 8 counts is what I was hearing.

Here you go, https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/paul-manafort-verdict.html they are saying found guilty, I thought it meant the same thing anyway.
  • mfin
    The next question is will Trump take the action of pardoning Manafort?
  • mfin wrote:

And Cohen has stated in court that he breached campaign finance laws by making payments to Stormy and McDougall 'in coordination with, and at the direction of the candidate for office', namely Donald Trump.

So Trump now implicated in a federal crime.

Time for impeachment.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    mfin wrote:

And Cohen has stated in court that he breached campaign finance laws by making payments to Stormy and McDougall 'in coordination with, and at the direction of the candidate for office', namely Donald Trump.

Time for impeachment.

link?

#confusedyetjoyousiftrue
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    mfin wrote:

Time for impeachment.

link?

#confusedyetjoyousiftrue
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45265546
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    mfin wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

I absolutely agree with you that he was more coherent 20/30 years ago.

However, the claim (by Robert88) was that his dumb words that I quoted were intentionally crafted like that because when said in that manner they connect with his fanbase. I was pointing out that was untrue and just diversionary bôllocks as I'm sure you agree.

You are making a meal of it. Give it a rest.

Meanwhile I am enjoying the latest news. I guess Trump can see where this going.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -and-cohen

well that went well for Dotard

#themanisanidiot
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/ictions-for-manafort-and-cohen

#themanisanidiot

Wait for him to suggest that he'll take charge of his own impeachment......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bianchimoon
    Rolf F wrote:

#themanisanidiot

and the mexicans will pay for it?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rolf_f
    edited August 2018
    Rolf F wrote:

#themanisanidiot

and the mexicans will pay for it?

At least he now might have the opportunity to build a wall small enough (about 8ft x 8ft) that it might actually be completed (and started) and have a useful purpose. It will need to be well made. It might be needed for a fair while.........
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Well that was a good day for Captain Bonespurs.

The poor bloke is so unlucky, he's just found himself surrounded by criminals who've embroiled him in a treasonous mess and it's all Hillary's fault.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • You gotta love Giuliani for his 'black is white, up is down' approach to the truth in desparately claiming there is nothing linking Trump to Cohen's admissions in court.

Imagine, if Trump and his criminal friends had not decided to get involved in politics they could have carried on the criminal activities in broad daylight but under the radar. It takes a special kind of stupid to believe that by attainig the highest office in the land your criminal past and present would continue to be ignored.
  • robert88
    He'll be fine.

President Mike Pence will pardon him before he's even fitted out with an orange jump suit. ..er.. won't he?
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:
    He'll be fine.

President Mike Pence will pardon him before he's even fitted out with an orange jump suit. ..er.. won't he?
    The thought of President Pence has me more worried then President Trump in a lot of ways, he really is as weird as they come from a religious point of view, there's a lot of skeletons in the Pence cupboard!
  • kingstongraham
    In other news, the second congressman to endorse Trump in 2016 Duncan Hunter has been indicted on corruption charges. Key titbit - he forgot to take shorts on holiday, so his wife told him to buy some from a golf shop, so they could claim it from the campaign funds and say it was "golf balls for the wounded warriors" to make it look like it was a donation to army veterans.
  • kingstongraham
    Robert88 wrote:
    He'll be fine.

The thought of President Pence has me more worried then President Trump in a lot of ways, he really is as weird as they come from a religious point of view, there's a lot of skeletons in the Pence cupboard!

Pence was recommended to Trump by... Paul Manafort.
  • imposter2.0
    Robert88 wrote:
    He'll be fine.

Pence is in the same amount of sh1t that Trump is in, and will most likely go down with him...
  • imposter2.0
    Well that was a good day for Captain Bonespurs.

I believe the correct term is 'cadet' bonespurs. Please don't confer rank on him...
  • lostboysaint
    At the rate that his mates are being banged up he won't have time in his 11am-4pm, 4 working day week* to pardon them all.

*working hours confirmed by WH.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • rolf_f
    At the rate that his mates are being banged up he won't have time in his 11am-4pm, 4 working day week* to pardon them all.

*working hours confirmed by WH.

With him only "working" 18 hours a week (assuming a mere half hour off for lunch - probably more likely to be 2 hours) that leaves plenty of time for the full timers to repair the damage whilst he snoozing, playing golf, trying to read The Hungry Caterpillar etc.
  • bianchimoon
    why aint he tweeting!!! c'mon Trump give us some nuggets!
  • lostboysaint
    "It's all gone quiet over there"
    Allround - Cotic Solaris