Donald Trump

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just watched last nights fox interview the daft RS said, "it almost, should be illegal to flip and tell tales on Donald Trump"

Sorry she said what?

Link?

#unbelievable
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Sarah Sanders yesterday: The President cannot be charged because he's the president. The fact that the President has not been charged is evidence that he did nothing wrong.
    and theoretically he could pardon himself!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,776
    Sarah Sanders yesterday: The President cannot be charged because he's the president. The fact that the President has not been charged is evidence that he did nothing wrong.

I think you misunderstand her logic - if he can't be charged, he doesn't need a pardon because he's done nothing wrong.

Or maybe she misunderstands her logic.

Anyway, she did say that it is an outrageous suggestion to say he has lied. Do you think she goes home and kicks walls in frustration at having to spout all this?
  • bianchimoon

I think you misunderstand her logic - if he can't be charged, he doesn't need a pardon because he's done nothing wrong.

Anyway, she did say that it is an outrageous suggestion to say he has lied. Do you think she goes home and kicks walls in frustration at having to spout all this?
    with quantum politics, where black is white, lies are truth, real is fake.. I understand nothing at all :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Just watched last nights fox interview the daft RS said, "it almost, should be illegal to flip and tell tales on Donald Trump"

Sorry she said what?

Link?

#unbelievable
    It was Trump that said it, not the news host!
  • Matthewfalle

Sorry she said what?

Link?

#unbelievable
    It was Trump that said it, not the news host!

Ah - now we get ya - grazie. MF hasn’t had enough coffee today. He’ll get MF to make him one now

#dotardisacretin

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    #dotardisacretin
    Hmmmmm.
    Wonders if Jilted John could resurrect his career........
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Thing is with Dotard is that he’s always the victim, never too blame.

MF is still intrigued at what point does everyone turn around and go “right, this is now enough. You may a laughing stock of the entire country”.

#bewilderment

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham

MF is still intrigued at what point does everyone turn around and go “right, this is now enough. You may a laughing stock of the entire country”.

#bewilderment

It doesn't need to be everyone - would only take 2 Republican Senators to cross the floor and it starts to unravel.

But agreed, if not now, then when???
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915

#bewilderment

Don’t know if you watched Ed Balls Travels in Trumpland but the general gist I got from it is that won’t happen

As long as they think that he’s taking it to the establishment they will carry on supporting him, genuinely I can’t see anything other than the Dotard winning again in 2020
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    crispybug2 wrote:

#bewilderment

Don’t know if you watched Ed Balls Travels in Trumpland but the general gist I got from it is that won’t happen

As long as they think that he’s taking it to the establishment they will carry on supporting him, genuinely I can’t see anything other than the Dotard winning again in 2020

Much the same last night on the news.

Speaking to his supporters in New York state - the general gist was either: Democrats are fitting him up or are politicians all lying, deceitful etc.

A few republicans were embarrassed and aghast at him, but most were fine with it.
  • dinyull

#bewilderment

It doesn't need to be everyone - would only take 2 Republican Senators to cross the floor and it starts to unravel.

But agreed, if not now, then when???

How many genuine opportunities have there been already though?

They're gonna sit on their hands until he's voted out or does his 2 terms and let him do what the fark he wants.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

I'd say that the only logical interpretation of what she says is that the president is above the law by definition. He can do no wrong because he is the president; anything he does do is legal for him irrespective of whether or not it is for anyone else.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kingstongraham
    crispybug2 wrote:

#bewilderment

He didn't get the same cheers the other night when he complained about people being called "The Elite" when he has more money than them. "I have many much more beautiful homes than they do, I have a better apartment at the top of Fifth Avenue. Why the hell are they the elite, tell me?".

Perhaps they were confused by him talking about how his mother used to cook a turkey for 8 hours.
  • kingstongraham
    Rolf F wrote:

I'd say that the only logical interpretation of what she says is that the president is above the law by definition. He can do no wrong because he is the president; anything he does do is legal for him irrespective of whether or not it is for anyone else.

But he wasn't president when he did it, and as soon as he isn't president, he can be charged. So it wasn't legal, but still wasn't wrong because he now is.

Got it.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Trump and supporters make out he's got a majority of the electorate supporting him. Apparently the proportion is pretty static at a third for him and a third against him. The balance has been described as floating voters but that's not true. About 95% of voters have made up their mind before the vote they just don't all give out their decision. Only about 5% truly leave the decision until voting time.

This was the gist of an interview with an American voting expert. Whether true or not I do not know. Whatever the point trump has never had a majority of the USA electorate supporting him. Never.

That's why I seriously think it's time for the republican party to grow some and ditch the dotard.

#republicanssenatorsareabunchofpussies
  • dinyull
    Apparently, thanks to Cohen, Trump's foundation is under scrutiny. Because of where the jurisdiction falls, he can be tried as President.
  • tangled_metal
    A president doesn't need to have committed a criminal act to be impeached. Am early president was impeached because he criticised the actions of the senate.

The only criteria really needed for impeachment is apparently bringing the constitution into disrepute I think this R4 interviewee legal expert said. I think that threshold was passed long ago.

It's the lack of criminality that is really turning the republicans into weak @rsed pussies without a backbone between them. Democrats are no better. Why not Marshall your forces and try to impeach him without republican support? If two votes swinging your way is all you need then grow some and do it. Put on a good show and you'll probably get them. Needs to be done.
  • kingstongraham
    Dinyull wrote:
    Apparently, thanks to Cohen, Trump's foundation is under scrutiny. Because of where the jurisdiction falls, he can be tried as President.

I think we'll find out.

However, even if he can't, his foundation and his business definitely can be. And it seems likely they both broke the law. What are the chances of tax fraud being uncovered in the foundation/business? I think he might just be realising that he could go bankrupt again.
  • dinyull
    Dinyull wrote:

I think we'll find out.

However, even if he can't, his foundation and his business definitely can be. And it seems likely they both broke the law. What are the chances of tax fraud being uncovered in the foundation/business? I think he might just be realising that he could go bankrupt again.

The same piece (I can't find it now) said he's have to turn over his tax returns too.

I know one thing, if he goes down, he'll take everyone (family, friends etc) down with him. I'd like that a lot.
  • tangled_metal
    I thought a sitting president can only be tried by a special counsel (although some confusion over whether its counsel or another term that has the power) or by the the senate and impeachment process. The special counsel / investigator has a very powerful mandate if you think about it. Can't be sacked except by the person giving them the job and that can be scrutinised / overturned. Any obstruction is simply an offence. Full powers to investigate where the evidence leads (side criminality is passed to local authorities to prosecute though). Nobody expects the special counsel (said like the monty python Spanish inquisition sketch).

I think under the right special counsel things can happen. I actually am hopeful about it since I believe Mueller is the right guy for the job.
  • dinyull
    I thought a sitting president can only be tried by a special counsel (although some confusion over whether its counsel or another term that has the power) or by the the senate and impeachment process. The special counsel / investigator has a very powerful mandate if you think about it. Can't be sacked except by the person giving them the job and that can be scrutinised / overturned. Any obstruction is simply an offence. Full powers to investigate where the evidence leads (side criminality is passed to local authorities to prosecute though). Nobody expects the special counsel (said like the monty python Spanish inquisition sketch).

I think under the right special counsel things can happen. I actually am hopeful about it since I believe Mueller is the right guy for the job.

I'll try and dig out the piece I read, but because it's a foundation/ charidee he can apparently face charges.

EDIT:

From PhilipPirrup's post earlier in this thread. I misread the last line - doesn't look like Dumpf could be tried.
    “We can confirm that a subpoena has been issued to Michael Cohen for relevant information in light of the public disclosures made yesterday,” said James Gazzale, a spokesman for the state’s tax department.

If evidence of alleged crimes is found, the matter could be referred to state Attorney General Barbara Underwood, who could pursue criminal charges and seek the release of Trump’s tax returns. Anyone charged with a state crime in relation to the investigation could not be cleared by a presidential pardon.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Trump: Impeach me and the market crashes

The reality is beginning to dawn on him?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Interesting that "they" reckon they won't try to start any impeachment till after the mid terms - I guess they're hoping to cash in on the uncertainty rather than have a president cleared or new Vice President in the hot seat.
  • kingstongraham
    Slowbike wrote:
    Interesting that "they" reckon they won't try to start any impeachment till after the mid terms - I guess they're hoping to cash in on the uncertainty rather than have a president cleared or new Vice President in the hot seat.

If by "they" you mean the Democrats, it's because they don't have the votes. After November, they might have the votes in the House.

Also, impeachment by the House doesn't mean removal from office. There would then need to be a trial in the Senate, where they also don't have the votes.

Of course, if a few Republicans grew some backbone, it might change.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Slowbike wrote:

If by "they" you mean the Democrats, it's because they don't have the votes. After November, they might have the votes in the House.

Also, impeachment by the House doesn't mean removal from office. There would then need to be a trial in the Senate, where they also don't have the votes.

The press suggested it was just 2 votes to get it going ...
  • kingstongraham
    Slowbike wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

The press suggested it was just 2 votes to get it going ...

2 votes shy in the Senate. They can stop him doing what he wants.
    25 votes shy in the House - they can start impeachment.

But the Democrats are more likely to take control of the House than the Senate because of the way congress members are elected. Representatives are all elected every two years, Senators are elected every 6, so only some seats come up for election this year.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Robert88 wrote:
    Trump: Impeach me and the market crashes

The reality is beginning to dawn on him?

He really is an arrogant twat isn't he. :lol:
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And by fool you mean spazwangle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Michael Avenatti

@MichaelAvenatti

We will be moving quickly to have the court rule on this pending motion seeking depositions of Cohen & Trump and an expedited trial. The American people deserve to know the truth about the conduct of Trump and his cover-up. And we intend on disclosing it.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris