Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    finchy wrote:
    A few hundred pages back, I predicted that a Trump presidency wouldn't be too bad because he wouldn't be able to pass any of his insane policies. I reluctantly admit that I was completely wrong, and that not only is Trump proving himself to be the complete w**ker of the highest order that anyone with a shred of decency always knew him to be, he is actually dragging the USA (as a political entity, not as a people) down to his level.

Here's hoping that the Democrat states will be able to find a way to resist him, and soon.

Hopefully in the mid terms, in any sane, rational democracy he would be swept away, but the US is anything but sane in large parts. The stock markets are dropping rapidly since his announcement yesterday of threats of an additional $200b tariff on Chinese goods when just a couple of months ago he was bragging about soaring stock market values, telling people to check their 401K's (pension values) now he's screwing peoples pensions with his stupid, childish oneupmanship games. My guess is he's telling select people before he puts out these tweets, who then place big bets on futures, stocks etc and he's secretly making billions. Be interesting to see how Trump Corp money is invested in times like these.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    This is a measure of the man, whilst other presidents have gone into space for 'largely' peaceful purposes (Reagon's Star Wars defence system excluded) Trump wants to be head of the Space Cadets.
    President Trump said Monday that he would direct the Defense Department and the Pentagon to create a new “Space Force” — an independent sixth branch of the armed forces.
    Trump has floated this idea before — in March, he said he initially conceived it as a joke — but has offered few details about how the Space Force would operate. Several experts noted that an act of Congress is required to establish a new branch of the military.
    Trump said Monday that the branch would be “separate but equal” from the Air Force and that Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, would oversee its creation.
    “It is not enough to have an American presence in space, we must have American dominance in space,” Trump said
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    ..and 2009033_1.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's just trying to live his best fascist dictator life.

Republicans are sympathetic enough to his leanings that they'll let him run with it.

Sowing hatred, picking on immigrants, creating camps for 'illegals', nonesense vanity projects, praising other brutal and violent dictators, hating on international co-operation between liberal democracies and a penchant for absolutely blatant lies that can instantly be shown as such.

America is no longer an ally to the West in any real way, merely be reflex of habit. It will soon become an enemy to liberal Western Europe.
  • bianchimoon
    He's just trying to live his best fascist dictator life.

Republicans are sympathetic enough to his leanings that they'll let him run with it.

Sowing hatred, picking on immigrants, creating camps for 'illegals', nonesense vanity projects, praising other brutal and violent dictators, hating on international co-operation between liberal democracies and a penchant for absolutely blatant lies that can instantly be shown as such.

America is no longer an ally to the West in any real way, merely be reflex of habit. It will soon become an enemy to liberal Western Europe.
    I hope this can be reversed, sadly there doesn't seem to be a figurehead Democrat fighting for what liberal Americans believe in, Populist fascists are shouting louder and making the news it seems to be left to MSNBC, CNN, WaPo and NYT to be the voice of sanity :(
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    He watched "handmaids tale" and took it as an aspirational blueprint.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,773
    https://twitter.com/briantashman/status ... 7309814785

Whole thread, but that quote especially.
  • bianchimoon
    Sessions says this is not like Nazi Germany "because in Nazi Germany, they were keeping the Jews from leaving the country!"
    I know we keep saying they can't go any lower, but they manage it!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    He watched "handmaids tale" and took it as an aspirational blueprint.
    Followed by Starship Troopers.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684

He's gonna need a bigger boat.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Matthewfalle
    Do you reckon it's got to the point in these G7 meetings and the such like where all the other leaders just look at him, look at each other and tap the sides of their heads in a "just wtaf is he on about this time?" Kinda way.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

He's gonna need a bigger boat.

Nah - Dotard has the best boats. The biggie st boats. No one has better or bigger or knows more about boats than him.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Robert88 wrote:
    ..and 2009033_1.jpg

And Mexico is going to pay for it. And build it probably......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,773
    Trump: "Democrats are the problem. They don't care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country".

Infest.
  • rick_chasey
    edited June 2018
    I'm telling you.

Trump is fascist. He just is. His own brand of it, sure, but that's what he does.

Same with the Italians who are now rounding up Roma people, just like Mussolini helped the Nazis do in the '30s.

We have France who narrowly avoided appointing Le Pen as leader, and in the Netherlands the second largest party are a far right anti-muslim party.

Then we have May who's only consistent career thread beyond the Tory party is her insistence on arbitrarily reducing immigration, and declaring that people who don't fully align to one nationality ought not belong anywhere.

World is going to sh!t,

Winning all fucking round.
  • bianchimoon
    If the decent people of america don't take action soon we and our children will have dark times ahead! :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,654
    If the decent people of america don't take action soon we and our children will have dark times ahead! :(
    Armageddon!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Armageddon!
    Have a great holiday, drink beer and forget about Trump for a while eh :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hts-counci
    The Trump administration plans to announce its withdrawal from the United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday, making good on a pledge to leave a body it has long accused of hypocrisy and criticized as biased against Israel, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley plan to announce the withdrawal at the State Department in Washington at 5 p.m., the people said. They asked not to be identified discussing a decision that hadn’t yet been made public.
  • bianchimoon
    Trump claiming at the moment "you have to take the children away so you can prosecute the parents"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,108
    He might be overreaching with the immigration policy. 2 in 3 voters oppose separation of children and the mid terms are coming up.

At least I hope he is.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    rjsterry wrote:
    He might be overreaching with the immigration policy. 2 in 3 voters oppose separation of children and the mid terms are coming up.

At least I hope he is.

It’s more likely he’ll just lie about it and continue to say it’s a Democrat policy rather than do anything about it.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,108
    rjsterry wrote:

At least I hope he is.

It’s more likely he’ll just lie about it and continue to say it’s a Democrat policy rather than do anything about it.

Someone needs to post that photo of the distraught toddler alongside Trump's face and make sure everyone in America sees it at least five times a day. You wouldn't even need a caption.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    He’s already got his representatives literally saying “don’t believe the press”.

If people like their own idea of Trump, there’s a decent chance they won’t believe the press.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,654
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Armageddon!
    I certainly will enjoy my hols ta, although it's probably not me who needs to forget about Trump for a while :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    Meanwhile the Hungarian government has sumitted a proposal for a 25% tax on any organization supporting migration, with "support" defined as even portraying migration positively. This will come in addition to the anti-NGO law that could put rights defenders in jail.

https://twitter.com/liliebayer/status/1 ... 0291591173
  • bianchimoon
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... e6d85b91c4
    how the Kiddie Koncentration Kamps affected a news reader :(
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Armageddon!
    I certainly will enjoy my hols ta, although it's probably not me who needs to forget about Trump for a while :wink:

No, I am sure you tick all the right boxes so you will be fine!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    rjsterry wrote:

At least I hope he is.

saw that stat - to me it screams that 1 in 3 voters support the separation of children

wonder how high that % would be in the UK?