Donald Trump

Comments

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If the decent people of america don't take action soon we and our children will have dark times ahead! :(
    Armageddon!
    Have a great holiday, drink beer and forget about Trump for a while eh :wink:
    I certainly will enjoy my hols ta, although it's probably not me who needs to forget about Trump for a while :wink:

No, I am sure you tick all the right boxes so you will be fine!

I would be very surprised if his holiday plans involve smuggling his family over the Mexican border into the USA
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,773
    Mexico will pay for the wall. Or, kids coming from Mexico will pay if you don't hand over the money.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,108
    rjsterry wrote:
    He might be overreaching with the immigration policy. 2 in 3 voters oppose separation of children and the mid terms are coming up.

At least I hope he is.

saw that stat - to me it screams that 1 in 3 voters support the separation of children

wonder how high that % would be in the UK?

True. He seems to be backing away from the policy now, while claiming it wasn't his fault of course.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    He might be overreaching with the immigration policy. 2 in 3 voters oppose separation of children and the mid terms are coming up.

At least I hope he is.

saw that stat - to me it screams that 1 in 3 voters support the separation of children

True. He seems to be backing away from the policy now, while claiming it wasn't his fault of course.

Why do you say he is backing away from the policy? Trump has consistently said it is the Democrats' fault, and denied it is even a policy, they are just enforcing the law. All the while describing immigrants as an infestation, urging Germans to rise against their leaders because of migration, and allowing Jeff Sessions, John Kelly and Stephen Miller to reassure his base that it the policy is intended as a deterrent.

And all because he wants to win his wall.
  • rjsterry
    From a Graun article.
    At a closed-door meeting with House Republicans on Capitol Hill, members said Trump expressed concern for the families being separated by the “zero-tolerance” policy, but he did not take responsibility for the practice. Instead, the president urged the Republicans in the room to pass legislation that keeps families together.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• kingstongraham
    rjsterry wrote:
    From a Graun article.
    At a closed-door meeting with House Republicans on Capitol Hill, members said Trump expressed concern for the families being separated by the “zero-tolerance” policy, but he did not take responsibility for the practice. Instead, the president urged the Republicans in the room to pass legislation that keeps families together.

That's still consistent with him saying it's not his fault, they are just enforcing the law, and the only way to fix it is for the Democrats to agree to a bill that restricts legal immigration, builds the wall, and also stops family separation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

At least I hope he is.

Given how partisan the US is, is there even any political decision that would get, say, a 90-10 split?

2/3 voters is about as strong as you'll get.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    From a Graun article.

That's still consistent with him saying it's not his fault, they are just enforcing the law, and the only way to fix it is for the Democrats to agree to a bill that restricts legal immigration, builds the wall, and also stops family separation.

It's ultimately futile trying to pin down anything he says, but he seems to want the Republicans to compromise a bit as well. I think he's already blown his chance to build the wall unless he gets re-elected.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• kingstongraham
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    From a Graun article.

It's ultimately futile trying to pin down anything he says, but he seems to want the Republicans to compromise a bit as well. I think he's already blown his chance to build the wall unless he gets re-elected.

Haha. The compromise bit was a joke, right? His compromise is "You give me what I want, and I'll stop building toddler jails." What he wants is "tough laws", and winning by getting a wall. As long as he wins, he'll be satisfied.

But... as long as Stephen Miller is whispering in his ear, if they accept that compromise, there'll be a next time. He values the chaos and conflict.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    me and the MFs hate. We want to kick him repeatedly in every genital he has.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    https://twitter.com/tonyschwartz

The guy who wrote "Art of the Deal" for Trump.

"Trump is a prisoner of his own pathology and so are we. It would be in his interest to back down on separating parents and kids but he can’t admit to a mistake and he can’t tolerate being wrong. This is about mental illness not policy."

"I spoke tonight to alumni of Harvard Business School. "You have presented a very extreme portrait of Trump," one person said. "Isn't there another side?" For all but a few human beings, the answer is yes. I've tried, but I can't name any redeeming qualities in Trump. Not one."

"Trump genuinely reveres and envies dictators. He believes if he had their absolute power, he wouldn't feel so empty and persecuted -- but he is wrong. Nothing will ever fill his infinite sense of emptiness."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I'm amazed at how long the likes of Fishfish can carry on believing in him. Nobody can agree with everything Trump says because not even Trump agrees with himself.

All he'll do is carry on pulling out of things because nobody will ever let him have his way and, without having any actual knowledge of his job, he can't believe he has influenced anything any other way.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Rolf F wrote:
    I'm amazed at how long the likes of Fishfish can carry on believing in him. Nobody can agree with everything Trump says because not even Trump agrees with himself.

All he'll do is carry on pulling out of things because nobody will ever let him have his way and, without having any actual knowledge of his job, he can't believe he has influenced anything any other way.

When you've pinned your colours to a mast it's quite hard to row back from that (to mix some awful metaphors).

You've dug your metaphorical trench, called everyone who disagrees with Trump an idiot; it's then hard to go "actually, this is really bad".

Similarly, I imagine i'd find it not enormously easy to praise Trump policy for the same reason, even if it was broadly something good. Unlikely though.
  • kingstongraham
    The UK shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet for him. Let him come for a working visit if he has to, but surely don't treat him like a normal president.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    The UK shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet for him. Let him come for a working visit if he has to, but surely don't treat him like a normal president.
    Shoot, can you imagine it a hand picked audience of DoubleFishes waving US flags, whilst every decent thinking human is kettled miles away :o
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rjsterry
    Shoot, can you imagine it a hand picked audience of DoubleFishes waving US flags, whilst every decent thinking human is kettled miles away :o

With Farage and Banks gazing moistly from the front row. Trump could try that dry-humping-the-flag thing with the Union Jack.

19-trump-hugging-flag.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Sorry if you are still eating your lunch.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,554
    Rolf F wrote:
    I'm amazed at how long the likes of Fishfish can carry on believing in him.

Don't you think the user name implies a certain raison d'etre?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,700
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    I'm amazed at how long the likes of Fishfish can carry on believing in him.
    Don't you think the user name implies a certain raison d'etre?
    There are various possibilities, the kindest is that he is just a troll.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277

In that case, you probably won't get to kick him as I suspect that he is a bit short in the genitalia department (or at least, it's all so small that you wouldn't be able to see it and would just have to aim in the general area with fingers crossed).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • bianchimoon
    given a few of the time stamps (if correct) are 2am-4am in the morning could be
    A) Time difference between here and St Petersburg
    B) Teenager
    C) nightwatchman on a building site
    :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    Trump's got a rally tonight.
  • kingstongraham
    Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was contacted by journalists reporting his links to Navigator Holdings, a Kremlin linked company. He then shorted the stock, expecting its value to fall when the report came out. Smart. Profiting off inside knowledge of the reports of your corruption.
  • bianchimoon
    Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was contacted by journalists reporting his links to Navigator Holdings, a Kremlin linked company. He then shorted the stock, expecting its value to fall when the report came out. Smart. Profiting off inside knowledge of the reports of your corruption.
    My guess is he's telling select people before he puts out these tweets, who then place big bets on futures, stocks etc and he's secretly making billions. Be interesting to see how Trump Corp money is invested in times like these.
    hmm, Sounds like i wasn't a million miles away.. crooks!
  • kingstongraham
    My guess is he's telling select people before he puts out these tweets, who then place big bets on futures, stocks etc and he's secretly making billions. Be interesting to see how Trump Corp money is invested in times like these.

That was a different would be scandal from a few weeks ago. In a normal world, that would have been big. One of the people he regularly speaks with on the phone sold his holding in a big user of steel just before the tariffs were announced. WH wouldn't say if they talked in general terms about tariffs.

And he basically announced the good jobs numbers in advance a few weeks back. I'm sure his tweet wasn't the first time he'd mentioned that to someone.
  • bianchimoon

That was a different would be scandal from a few weeks ago. In a normal world, that would have been big. One of the people he regularly speaks with on the phone sold his holding in a big user of steel just before the tariffs were announced. WH wouldn't say if they talked in general terms about tariffs.

And he basically announced the good jobs numbers in advance a few weeks back. I'm sure his tweet wasn't the first time he'd mentioned that to someone.
    Create enough fog and you can get away criminal behaviour right under their noses!
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696

I bought into a couple of stocks after the general dip yesterday. I'll take profits and wait for the next time Trump opens his gob - altho' signs are the markets are getting wise. Crumbs from the rich man's table.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ayjaycee wrote:

In that case, you probably won't get to kick him as I suspect that he is a bit short in the genitalia department (or at least, it's all so small that you wouldn't be able to see it and would just have to aim in the general area with fingers crossed).

just ramdomnly kick everywhere and you'll hit something eventually.

he's such a bell end.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    The thing about this FBI anti-Trump bias - if you were investigating someone and found evidence he is a massive criminal, wouldn't you be against him being president?
  • bianchimoon
    The thing about this FBI anti-Trump bias - if you were investigating someone and found evidence he is a massive criminal, wouldn't you be against him being president?
    you're being too logical!
  • kingstongraham
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    From a Graun article.

When the Republicans talk about a compromise bill, that is a compromise between the immigration hard liners in the Republican party and the more moderates in the Republican party. He wants a compromise bill between them so that the Democrats can be the ones obstructing it.

But it sounds like he might be getting ready to back down on this one and sign an order stopping the separations. Doing what he has been claiming isn't possible and is a climbdown of his own policy will no doubt be a great victory for himself.