Are sky clean or not?

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    One comment in particular stood out to me at the christening.

The odd bloke at the front said "You now belong to god".

How ridiculous is belonging to a figment of someone's imagination? It's just weird and I really don't get it at all.

I gave up RE at school as soon as I could, as it was the craziest thing I've ever heard. 6% in the exam at the end of my third year. 70%+ in everything else.

Bizarre. And frankly, disturbing.

Another thing I find disturbing is that I haven't managed to find my way on to your block list.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Posting the things you are, behind the internet, on a bike forum, serves no purpose other than to show yourself up as an uneducated, insensitive, slandering, base and generally low individual.

My life is is more important then to read anymore of your deliberately inflammatory and inciting comments.

Now go and bow down before the royals.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    Posting the things you are, behind the internet, on a bike forum, serves no purpose other than to show yourself up as an uneducated, insensitive, slandering, base and generally low individual.

My life is is more important then to read anymore of your deliberately inflammatory and inciting comments.

Not such a bad idea.

p10624019_b_v7_aa.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim

LOL!

I'm not a royalist either. We are all people, all the same.

P.S. I have a degree, I'm very sensitive and not too low, about average at 5'9
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605

Just so we're clear, you don't actually mean any of this. It's all tongue in cheek and just matey banter and if we knew you in real-life we'd all know that.

Maybe we need to change the thread-title to:

Is Frenchie honking on the crack pipe?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • joelsim
    edited July 2015

Just so we're clear, you don't actually mean any of this. It's all tongue in cheek and just matey banter and if we knew you in real-life we'd all know that.

Maybe we need to change the thread-title to:

Is Frenchie honking on the crack pipe?

He must be.

I'm curious to know what I've slandered too, maybe Bala, perhaps.

Frenchie - pray, tell.
  • gweeds
    He must be.

I'm wondering how you slander someone who's using a pseudonym......
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • joelsim
    He must be.

I'm wondering how you slander someone who's using a pseudonym......

I'm wondering how you slander something that doesn't exist.

At least Bala exists.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    ITV4 has just shown Rendell door stepping Jalabert about his comments on Froome, worth heading over to their website or watching on the ITV player - awkward and funny.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    ITV's highlights interview with Jalabert was pretty amusing.

Froome comes across as a polite, intelligent bloke and is being quite mature about the whole thing IMO. Doesn't have the charisma of Wiggins but seems a nice chap to me. I really hope he's not doping.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    edited July 2015
    Has anyone got a link to the South African Scientists site who posts on sport science ?

Also, does Antoine Vayer (tin foil hatter in chief) have a relevant scientific qualification ?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Has anyone got a link to the South African Scientists site who posts on sport science ?

Also, does Anton Vayer (tin foil hatter in chief) have a relevant scientific qualification ?

Mr 90% Ross Tucker http://sportsscientists.com/

The guys are scientists in the same way as vaccine denying Wakefield is a scientist.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • gweeds

Also, does Anton Vayer (tin foil hatter in chief) have a relevant scientific qualification ?

http://sportsscientists.com
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Not to be confused with @JeroenSwart and his website ...

https://www.sciencetosport.com/home/
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Here is the usual fare from Paul Kimmage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-tour-de-france-leader-chris-froome-would-be-well-advised-to-invite-questions-31386946.html

It is funny how he omits to mention that Richie Porte was punched and Froomie had a cup of urine thrown in his face. Two small facts that obviously weren't worth reporting. There is nothing like balanced journalism.

DD.
  • frenchfighter
    Here is the usual fare from Paul Kimmage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-tour-de-france-leader-chris-froome-would-be-well-advised-to-invite-questions-31386946.html

It is funny how he omits to mention that Richie Porte was punched and Froomie had a cup of urine thrown in his face. Two small facts that obviously weren't worth reporting. There is nothing like balanced journalism.

DD.

Surprised they still print stuff from these relics.

Much more interesting article linked to on the same page is:
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/stephen-roche-my-heart-goes-out-to-chris-froome-media-has-made-a-scandal-out-of-nothing-31387709.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Kimmage and Digger have been tweeting up a storm. Latest thing to excite them about Sky's "lack of transparency" is Brailsford not knowing Froome's weight when interviewed on French TV. Why should he answer even if he does know?
  • Macaloon
    Apparently Brailsford was asked by France TV if they would stop going to Tenerife 8)
  • joelsim
    Apparently Brailsford was asked by France TV if they would stop going to Tenerife 8)

Wasn't it Froome who bemoaned the lack of testing in Riff-Raff? I also seem to remember that it wasn't Sky who had Michele turn up.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    ITV's highlights interview with Jalabert was pretty amusing.

Froome comes across as a polite, intelligent bloke and is being quite mature about the whole thing IMO. Doesn't have the charisma of Wiggins but seems a nice chap to me. I really hope he's not doping.

Wiggo might have had charisma but he is/was a raging throbber.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Kimmage and Digger have been tweeting up a storm. Latest thing to excite them about Sky's "lack of transparency" is Brailsford not knowing Froome's weight when interviewed on French TV. Why should he answer even if he does know?
    Why would Brailsford know? He's the general manager not a coach or doctor. All he needs to know is if Froome is in good shape or not.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Why would Brailsford know? He's the general manager not a coach or doctor. All he needs to know is if Froome is in good shape or not.

They seem to think he knows every aspect of what's happening. It's bizarre really. He's a good manager because he surrounds himself with capable people he can trust and lets them get on with it. I sometimes wonder if these people have ever had jobs in the real world.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893

Froome told the cycling podcast last week that he's 67kg, might have been in the Friends Special.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The more they talk the more evident it is they have absolutely nothing compelling to say about Froome. But Tenerife! But you're skinny! But Nutella! But I have a feeling! Yet people lap it up.

Their complete lack of argument actually makes me more confident in Froome.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He generates attention and people read it - even people who disagree with him vehermently.

The state of modern media is summed up by one person - Katie Hopkins. A very clever woman who has recognised that you can make a very good living causing controversy.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    The more they talk the more evident it is they have absolutely nothing compelling to say about Froome. But Tenerife! But you're skinny! But Nutella! But I have a feeling! Yet people lap it up.

Their complete lack of argument actually makes me more confident in Froome.

Four years of screaming. Clickbait is the only explanation for the attention they get.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kimmage particularly irks me in this case. Froome interacted with him, was transparent and open, in a world where most people won't get near Kimmage with a barge pole. And Kimmage continues to say things, Froome corrects him and he acts all reasonable and then carries on playing to his audience.

He's obviously painted himself into a corner where he can't admit he might be wrong.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    He generates attention and people read it - even people who disagree with him vehermently.

The state of modern media is summed up by one person - Katie Hopkins. A very clever woman who has recognised that you can make a very good living causing controversy.

I agree.

I suppose I take the stance that these people are scumbags and deliberately try and create controversy to make money; so I don't read anything they write. More people should take that view, especially those that read it then mouth of how bad it is.

Such as anyone that writes on this forum bashing the twitter handles but at the same time reads and interacts with them; they have no legs to stand on.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Kimmage particularly irks me in this case. Froome interacted with him, was transparent and open, in a world where most people won't get near Kimmage with a barge pole. And Kimmage continues to say things, Froome corrects him and he acts all reasonable and then carries on playing to his audience.

He's obviously painted himself into a corner where he can't admit he might be wrong.

You should expect as much as a rider doing an interview with journalists like him. So don't do an interview with him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    What bothers me, the most, about this whole Witch hunt is the double standards being displayed by the main finger pointers in the media.

No mention of Valverde. An ex doper who at the age of 36 is riding high in the GC and kicking the backsides of some of the most promising riders in the peloton on every mountain.

No mention of Astana and Nibali. Remember what a great rider and team they were before they were threatened with loss of there Tour licence? But now? they cant win an argument, but no questions being asked as to what is going on.

No...lets pick on Sky, even though thay have had no positive tests during there whole existence. I know that is not a 100% indicator, but its a whole lot better than trusting ex dopers, or teams that have multiple positives over the last couple of years.

I hate dopers and believe in a lifetime ban for those that test positive, they are cheats and doping is sporting fraud, and If a Sky rider was found to be doping I would demand the same lifetime ban. :evil: