Are sky clean or not?

Comments

• ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    my hoover weighs 6kg and can do 1600w forever (well, until the bag is full).

Ha ha ha.

Had a vision of a Henry Hoover wheel itself past a struggling Contador and Quintana up Alpe d' Huez. Sucking its way up the mountain. With a smile on its face.

henry-hoover.jpg
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    my hoover weighs 6kg and can do 1600w forever (well, until the bag is full).

Ha ha ha.

Had a vision of a Henry Hoover wheel itself past a struggling Contador and Quintana up Alpe d' Huez. Sucking its way up the mountain With a smile on its face.

henry-hoover.jpg

No that's Teejay van Garderen.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    ^ this is correct - the kit gives it away
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKDgNRGUIuA

There are 30+ different videos on you tube that show has Froome has developed such as the one above. People become over excited during the tour but when its over and Froome is found to be clean I hope we see people apologise. Jalabert can go first, the EPO doper himself. Just because the french teams are no where on the horizon..
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    LJ made a total arsehole of himself on TV today.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    LJ made a total arsehole of himself on TV today.

Do you have a link?

(Jaja links perhaps)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'd love to film my club run & have the french commentators comment on it.

I reckon half of us would be guilty.
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Was a good section on the ITV4 highlights programme tonight.

He denied making comments that were recorded when he made them, then shrugged off his own doping past and the hypocrisy he showed by accusing someone else.

Basically, was a dick.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • blackpoolkev
    blackpoolkev Posts: 474
    Having not read the previous 39 pages, I may be repeating points made by others - here's my view.

Armstrong tried and ultimately failed to cover his actions in an age before every man and his dog were carrying smart phones with cameras/videoing facility. Froome stated that his 2013 win would stand the test of time. His recent success is presumably backed up by the same assertion.
    The celebrity news is filled with folk caught out by hangers-on/close associates releasing footage of indiscretions (often in exchange for more money than they earn).
    I believe in Chris Froome until proven otherwise.

As far as circumstantial evidence goes - There are some shops at the end of the street that I live on. I saw a man walking down my street towards the shops. Therefore that man was going to the shops.
    If you find that an open and shut case, you shouldn't be doing jury service.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Having not read the previous 39 pages, I may be repeating points made by others - here's my view.

Armstrong tried and ultimately failed to cover his actions in an age before every man and his dog were carrying smart phones with cameras/videoing facility. Froome stated that his 2013 win would stand the test of time. His recent success is presumably backed up by the same assertion.
    The celebrity news is filled with folk caught out by hangers-on/close associates releasing footage of indiscretions (often in exchange for more money than they earn).
    I believe in Chris Froome until proven otherwise.

As far as circumstantial evidence goes - There are some shops at the end of the street that I live on. I saw a man walking down my street towards the shops. Therefore that man was going to the shops.
    If you find that an open and shut case, you shouldn't be doing jury service.
    You would be surprised at the people you sit on a jury with. It certainly was an eye-opening experience for me. The bar is set very low.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    curium wrote:
    The bar is set very low.

That's surprising - short people are generally quite poor judges of character. Chip on shoulder, and all that...
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Julius Cobbett @jules52 @Digger_forum @patpatpaterson @Scienceofsport Froome could upload his files to Strava, like @laurenstendam. Imagine the KOMs he would get.

laurenstendam ‏@laurenstendam 35minutes ago
    laurenstendam retweeted Julius Cobbett
    Do not. I am proud of my KOM's laurenstendam added,

:D:D:D
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    relevant point made earlier.

Froome's impressive lead this year was created by (simply?) managing to stay in the front group during the first week, then having one good day before largly playing protect.

A lot can be put down to decisive team tactics (and really round wheels).
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    so with 5.78W/kg on Stage 10 are the pseudo "scientists" Vayer and Tuckers issuing apologies for being mac flipping burger intellect level?

they so liable for defamation and libel
  • professeur
    professeur Posts: 232
    Here is the usual fare from Paul Kimmage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-tour-de-france-leader-chris-froome-would-be-well-advised-to-invite-questions-31386946.html

It is funny how he omits to mention that Richie Porte was punched and Froomie had a cup of urine thrown in his face. Two small facts that obviously weren't worth reporting. There is nothing like balanced journalism.

DD.

Thanks for the link - interesting read.

I like Froome's openness. He seems happy to try and provide straight answers to questions put to him, even with respect to Tramadol and Leinders, which is very much to his credit. It's this area where Brailsford seems to falter and attract more trouble. Does anyone know if Brailsford was instructed to enact ZTP at Sky or is it a policy he created?
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 4s4 seconds ago

Froome on Col du Soudet to La Pierre St Martin
    RPM avg 97
    HR avg 158bpm, 174 max
    5.78W/kg
    via L'Equipe's @a_thomas_commin at Sky press conf.

this finally concludes that they are indeed pseudo scientists with an agenda.

better ignored forever.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Here is the usual fare from Paul Kimmage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-tour-de-france-leader-chris-froome-would-be-well-advised-to-invite-questions-31386946.html

It is funny how he omits to mention that Richie Porte was punched and Froomie had a cup of urine thrown in his face. Two small facts that obviously weren't worth reporting. There is nothing like balanced journalism.

DD.

Thanks for the link - interesting read.

I like Froome's openness. He seems happy to try and provide straight answers to questions put to him, even with respect to Tramadol and Leinders, which is very much to his credit. It's this area where Brailsford seems to falter and attract more trouble. Does anyone know if Brailsford was instructed to enact ZTP at Sky or is it a policy he created?
    ZTP is almost certainly a policy from Sky head office not Brailsford. After all he consistently picked Millar for GB, and was originally going to have him at Sky.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Julius Cobbett @jules52 @Digger_forum @patpatpaterson @Scienceofsport Froome could upload his files to Strava, like @laurenstendam. Imagine the KOMs he would get.

laurenstendam ‏@laurenstendam 35minutes ago
    laurenstendam retweeted Julius Cobbett
    Do not. I am proud of my KOM's laurenstendam added,

:D:D:D

Love it - LtD had KOM on my favourite bit of my commute - the Big Ben Sprint. I was so proud of my time till I saw how much quicker the top guys were - then I realised I recognised all the names and this was the train on the TdF

https://www.strava.com/activities/162899353#3782116246

He has 96 pages of KOMs - legend and such a cool and friendly bloke
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited July 2015

RPM avg 97
    HR avg 158bpm, 174 max
    5.78W/kg

better ignored forever.
    This is the data Sky have just released themselves, right? So, now we get to sit back and watch the usual suspects do everything they can to cast doubt on those numbers, creatively reinterpreting them as they see fit or simply saying Sky made them up, all in a desperate attempt to sustain their claim that Froome is doping. The one thing you can guarantee they won't be doing is saying "OK, looks like we were wrong, sorry! Since we're so keen on the scientific method we will now adjust our opinions to match the evidence rather than trying to create evidence to match our opinions".
  • professeur
    professeur Posts: 232
    Thanks, Rich - I'd thought that may well be the case. He sometimes seems a little trapped by it and I wonder if he did it all again he'd prefer a more pragmatic approach. That said, he's done pretty well as is, so maybe not!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

RPM avg 97
    HR avg 158bpm, 174 max
    5.78W/kg

better ignored forever.

Wonder what weight they are using here. Probably one higher than 2013 stats? Which obviously couldn't be the case as Froome is now anorexic.

5.78 is very low for a performance like that. Means that the other riders were doing ridiculously low values themselves.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    @robhatchtv
    Nairo Quintana:"Chris Froome beat me in 2013 because he was better. I don't at all like how people are insulting him"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Wonder what weight they are using here. Probably one higher than 2013 stats? Which obviously couldn't be the case as Froome is now anorexic.

Anorexia is a serious mental health problem, you shouldn't use the term flippantly.
  • frenchfighter

Anorexia is a serious mental health problem, you shouldn't use the term flippantly.

Looks 'anorexic' then. His upper arm is smaller than his lower arm for starters.
    I know a significantly amount about the mental health side of anorexia btw.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    @robhatchtv
    Nairo Quintana:"Chris Froome beat me in 2013 because he was better. I don't at all like how people are insulting him"
    Excellent from the little man, much respect.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

RPM avg 97
    HR avg 158bpm, 174 max
    5.78W/kg

better ignored forever.

5.78 is very low for a performance like that. Means that the other riders were doing ridiculously low values themselves.
    Probably using his actual weight if this data is from the team, I imagine they have a set of scales around. I'm pretty sure either he or the team have said very recently his weight is between 67-68kg.

Also it was pretty clear many of the other riders that day were performing worse than you'd expect them to do normally.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

Looks 'anorexic' then. His upper arm is smaller than his lower arm for starters.
    I know a significantly amount about the mental health side of anorexia btw.

That's not unusual for a pro cyclist, I used to remark upon it as a wide-eyed child in the days of Indurain.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400

Well the other riders didn't look particularly special on that climb, to be fair. Gallopin finished with the main group which is pretty impressive for him on an HC climb (not to knock his performance, it was a great ride, but you'd normally expect Contador et al to blow him out of the water).
  • the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 4s4 seconds ago

RPM avg 97
    HR avg 158bpm, 174 max
    5.78W/kg

better ignored forever.

So despite Quintana, who is much closer to the action and knows much more about this than you, not casting any doubt and actually defending Froome, you still sit behind your blinkered, insinuating views above :roll:

And before you accuse me of being a supporter, I'm pretty neutral on Froome as a person. I don't think he'd risk jeapoardising the whole Sky team, his sport and the careers of his friends by risking it. This is the same reasoning I have for all the top riders(Quintana, Contador(now), Nibs, etc)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    [quote
    I know a significantly amount about the mental health side of anorexia btw.[/quote]

That's not unusual for a pro cyclist, I used to remark upon it as a wide-eyed child in the days of Indurain.[/quote]

Hang on, my upper arm is thinner than my forearm. I'm getting on a bit now, and I'm either on a bike or at my desk, so I think that's normal.

Have a look at Popeye, he's the same!

Froome would be bonkers if he was trying to add upper body muscle in preparation for scaling the Pyrenees / Alps.