If I just call it whinging, I don't have to deal with it

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,532

Moan moan moan.
    You don't have to post.

I guess we aren't then ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,450
    Meanwhile Brexit spells the end of Bargain Hunt and Antiques Roadshow. Brexiters will be furious...

(Me...less so 🥱)
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    ddraver said:

Meanwhile Brexit spells the end of Bargain Hunt and Antiques Roadshow. Brexiters will be furious...

(Me...less so 🥱)
    I guess this is what passes for headline news on Brexit these days. That tells us what we need to know :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,909
    Stevo_666 said:

ddraver said:

(Me...less so 🥱)
    I guess this is what passes for headline news on Brexit these days. That tells us what we need to know :)
    drip drip drip.
  • kingstongraham
    edited April 2021
    So Northern Ireland? What's going on now?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,263
    Well done guys for keeping it top of the list! 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    I guess it should all move to the Conservative party thread now anyway. It's no longer Brexit, it's just British politics.
  • kingstongraham
    edited April 2021
    In other news, sent some papers to Spain yesterday and had to fill out a customs declaration at the post office. #progress
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,887

I guess it should all move to the Conservative party thread now anyway. It's no longer Brexit, it's just British politics.

I dunno, NI seems pretty specific to Brexit right now.
  • kingstongraham

I agree, but it's all just business as usual now.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,122

In other news, sent some papers to Spain yesterday and had to fill out a customs declaration at the post office. #progress

You did well to find a post office open on Easter Monday! :D
  • rick_chasey

I agree, but it's all just business as usual now.
    That is not BAU where I am.

I can't see how that issue resolved without a new agreement.
  • Stevo_666
    pblakeney said:

Well done guys for keeping it top of the list! 🤣

KG did a good job there before it slid off the first page. Bit of a dead cat bounce though :)
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

ddraver said:

(Me...less so 🥱)
    drip drip drip.
    How is that different from what you usually post? :)
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

ddraver said:

(Me...less so 🥱)
    drip drip drip.
    How is that different from what you usually post? :)
    Don't think you needed to post that.
  • kingstongraham
    (Just joining in on giving guidance on whether posts are necessary)
  • kingstongraham
    Northern Ireland then?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,263

Northern Ireland then?

Dying the slow death to become simply, Ireland?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham

You did well to find a post office open on Easter Monday! :D
    Our local post office is open at least 364 days a year till 6pm. Used to open the same hours as the shop (till 10pm 7 days a week), but I think the volume in the pandemic got a bit much in the evenings so he cut it back.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,450
    edited April 2021

Northern Ireland then?

I now finish every call pointing out that if they switch suppliers to an EU one, all of this goes away...

We're also just now reaching the point where people are getting bills for Duty for moving goods within the UK. Which is fun...
    - @ddraver
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,620
    ddraver said:

Northern Ireland then?

I now finish every call pointing out that if they switch suppliers to an EU one, all of this goes away...

We're also just now reaching the point where people are getting bills for Duty for moving goods within the UK. Which is fun...

Looked at the Belfast Telegraph this morning, and it's all quiet there on the Brexit front...
  • rick_chasey
    Honest question, why are people so relaxed about the NI problem?
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965

What's going on in Northern Ireland then?

The EU have pushed a maximum gain for themselves and Ireland and failed to realise that the GFA is a truce. The truce has now been broken as surprise surprise a fair number of Northern Irelands residents have a view that they should have unrestricted trade with the UK.
  • kingstongraham
    john80 said:

The EU have pushed a maximum gain for themselves and Ireland and failed to realise that the GFA is a truce. The truce has now been broken as surprise surprise a fair number of Northern Irelands residents have a view that they should have unrestricted trade with the UK.
    Bloody EU. I knew it was all their fault.
  • rick_chasey
    edited April 2021
    john80 said:

NI can't have it both ways outside of the single market; either it's unrestricted with the EU or it's unrestricted with the UK.

If the UK wants to rejoin the single market then great, they can have it both ways.

You can attribute blame whichever way you want, but you can't get beyond that logic.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,495

In my case it's pure ignorance. I don't understand the issues at all, they aren't affecting me obviosuly in any way and I'm not hearing much, if anything, about it on news reports.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross said:

In my case it's pure ignorance. I don't understand the issues at all, they aren't affecting me obviosuly in any way and I'm not hearing much, if anything, about it on news reports.
    Fair enough. I was 10 when they signed the GFA, but I've worked in a building they bombed out for a few years and there were a quite a few reminders of it there, which brings it home a bit.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

If there was no COVID going on, it would be different I imagine.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

what do you see as the NI problem?

IMHO our Brexit led Govt has shortened the timeframe to unification, I am relaxed about that.