Magazine and light support thread

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited February 2015
    They are very strange people - it would have been much easier to just send you the light. Did you get a confirmation email?

I have, but it doesn't say anything about the light

I'm a bit surprised that their records show that I didn't take the offer, when they couldn't find a record of my subscription before (although I emailed future publishing the first time, its the same person who replied as when I emailed immediate media).
    MyFavouriteMagazines

Order Confirmation

Thank you for your order!
    Order No. 758156

6 Monthly Direct Debit Procycling - Print Edition Subscription
    United Kingdom | 6 Monthly Direct Debit Unit Price
    £19.49 Qty
    1 Total
    £19.49

Total £19.49
    Grand total £19.49

Payment method

Direct Debit

If you have any issues with your order, please contact us on:

Email: contact@myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

Telephone (UK): 0844 848 2852

Telephone (International): +44 1604 251 045

Future Publishing Limited, 30 Monmouth Street, Bath, BA1 2BW - Reg No. 2008885 England.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well it seems you did do it wrong.

It should have cost you £25 quid or so to get the light.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    coriordan wrote:

Well, I just followed the link that was given and subscribed :roll:
    The url on bike radar just says to subscribe and you get the light, nothing about 2 different levels of subscription.

Oh well, live and learn.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    coriordan wrote:

Cost me £19.99 and I got six months of a crap cycling magazine thrown in for free.
  • I have asked them to transfer my subscription to Cycling Plus which they have agreed to do - will see if it turns up and I enjoy it more before cancelling DD
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Top Tip for light use

If you are using two front lights on unlit roads, try pointing the Lezyne slightly to the right.
    Cars have been giving me a lot more room this week, on my night shift commute, doing this

Tip only applies to those who have their light ;)
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    My offer did mention the light...

Procycling - Print Edition Subscription
    United Kingdom | 6 Monthly Direct Debit + LEZYNE MACRO DUO Unit Price
    £24.99 Qty
    1 Total
    £24.99
    Total £24.99
    Voucher code -£5.00
    Grand total £19.99

I am going to ask them to change it to Cycling Plus, I find ProCycling pretty poor tbh.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    tazmon wrote:
    My light has died. Fully charged but will not switch on :x

Any idea who I approach for a replacement, is it Immediate Media or the Leyzyne distributer? Not sure if I can use subscription confirmation as 'proof of purchase'.

Cheers

Called Upgrade bikes (Lezyne distributor) on Tuesday and they said they would exchange the light. Replacement light arrived today :)
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • I don't understand people who say this light is not very bright - had it on full power last night in RP and it is lunatically bright.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Completely agree, I actually use it on the lowest setting in the Park. I think it would be rather unpleasant for anyone coming the other way otherwise. That's with an Exposure Strada on the bars also on low. If I take the off road path I'll go brighter though. Never felt the need to have it on high, mid setting is more than enough for that though.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Completely agree, I actually use it on the lowest setting in the Park. I think it would be rather unpleasant for anyone coming the other way otherwise. That's with an Exposure Strada on the bars also on low. If I take the off road path I'll go brighter though. Never felt the need to have it on high, mid setting is more than enough for that though.

People coming the other way did seem to be greeting me in a surly manner 8) on th eplus side you can see the eyes of deer up to 100m away which is quite cool. It was an experiment that I feel no need to repeat
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Veronese68 wrote:

People coming the other way did seem to be greeting me in a surly manner 8) on th eplus side you can see the eyes of deer up to 100m away which is quite cool. It was an experiment that I feel no need to repeat
    :lol: I can imagine. The main reason I have it is for deer spotting as I cross Bushy Park. The number of times in the past I've smelt deer but can't see them. Now I can see them lurking just off the path, plenty of rabbits too.
  • talius
    talius Posts: 282
    I think it is ridiculously bright. Stupidly bright for a helmet light. That said you definitely feel safer shining it at cars who are thinking of popping out of a side road - even if it's just because you've rendered them temporarily blind and unable to drive.
    Merckx EMX 5
    Ribble 7005 Audax / Campag Centaur

RIP - Scott Speedster S10
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I use the light on full power more than the Magicshine on the bars for the unlit lane I ride for 2 miles on the way home. Much easier to point further ahead then move when I get to the road and reduce the output.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I don't understand people who say this light is not very bright - had it on full power last night in RP and it is lunatically bright.

i think its more about where you use the light, RP isn't countryside dark, when i'm riding home this end of my commute even the light from the fairly small town makes a huge difference along heavily wood A roads until i get far enough away from the light pollution then its little better than a see me light on the darkest moonless nights.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    I don't understand people who say this light is not very bright - had it on full power last night in RP and it is lunatically bright.

i think its more about where you use the light, RP isn't countryside dark, when i'm riding home this end of my commute even the light from the fairly small town makes a huge difference along heavily wood A roads until i get far enough away from the light pollution then its little better than a see me light on the darkest moonless nights.

I agree that RP is not proper dark but are we talking about the same light - I reckon I was picking out trees 100 metres away
  • itboffin
    Are you Steve Austin?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I've seen enough light threads to believe that people have different sensitivity to lights at night. Some people seem to insist they need way more light that I could ever use. I think it's a bit like how much clothing people need at various temperatures or threads on gloves, I don't think there's one answer on lights.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I've seen enough light threads to believe that people have different sensitivity to lights at night. Some people seem to insist they need way more light that I could ever use. I think it's a bit like how much clothing people need at various temperatures or threads on gloves, I don't think there's one answer on lights.

This.

Plus, it's ITB who's complaining. He's spent the last 63 years in a dim room staring at green screen monitors, so his eyesight is bound to be a little, er, compromised. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    there is a fair amount of truth in that statement :lol:
  • itboffin wrote:
    Are you Steve Austin?

anybody under the age of 30 will be baffled by that reference
  • itboffin
    To anyone that's bought a front handlebar mount and found it slides about just take the extra rubber from the band and tuck it under the mount between the bars, it stays put. Simples!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    itboffin wrote:
    To anyone that's bought a front handlebar mount and found it slides about just take the extra rubber from the band and tuck it under the mount between the bars, it stays put. Simples!
    Ta 8)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    christ these things still keep coming, i've got the last two issues still to read ....so boring

very glad i've cancelled the subscription, please make them stop sending me the worlds most boring magazine, dont get me wrong i like the layout etc but the content is soooo dull.

mostly
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    itboffin wrote:
    christ these things still keep coming, i've got the last two issues still to read ....so boring

very glad i've cancelled the subscription, please make them stop sending me the worlds most boring magazine, dont get me wrong i like the layout etc but the content is soooo dull.

mostly

Totally agree. It doesn't make it into in my loo for future reading and I've been leaving it at my pyshios waiting area so other folk can benefit, or not! :mrgreen:
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    they let me switch to Cycling Weekly but there were only a couple of articles worth reading each month.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    First issue made it to the coffee table, 2nd just made it out of the shrink wrap, remaining ones have gone from letterbox to recycling without passing GO or collecting £200.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I can't get into the magazine either. I think there's so many pro riders and so many events it's not really the easiest sport to follow and this magazine seems to really be for serious enthusiasts.

Great light though.
  • itboffin
    they do act wonderfully as a powerful sleep aid
  • t5nel
    t5nel Posts: 365
    So...as the date is nearly upon us...how did you guys actually cancel the subscription - no sign of any such thing on the buysubscriptions.com website. Did you all just do it via bank?

Want to avoid the lezyne light becoming close to RRP and the stack of unread magazines growing...

Ta
    Tim
    My bikes
    MTB - 1997 Kona Kula
    Hybrid - Kona Dew Deluxe
    Road - 2011 Ribble Gran Fondo, Omega Matrix Ultegra