Magazine and light support thread

Comments

• itboffin wrote:
    Don't attach metal things to helmets. Defeats the purpose of a helmet.

Look at Schumacher.

What he said

Not to mention Traffic Droid :wink:

quite!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Where has dhope's post gone? Did he delete it? I thought it was obvious it was in jest after Elbow's post.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Where has dhope's post gone? Did he delete it? I thought it was obvious it was in jest after Elbow's post.
    I thought I'd double posted, deleted one. Both went. Probably me being hamfisted rather than an overzealous Chasey or anything.

I called Elbowloh a fatty. In jest of course.
    He didn't get picked for the football because of his BO mostly, not just the weight.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    I haven't wielded my mod powers except for removing spam for aaaages.

Getting soft in old(er) age.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    dhope wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I thought I'd double posted, deleted one. Both went. Probably me being hamfisted rather than an overzealous Chasey or anything.

I called Elbowloh a fatty. In jest of course.
    He didn't get picked for the football because of his BO mostly, not just the weight.
    No. I didn't get picked because I was shoite.

(this of course is not true, I am a footballing god).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    I haven't wielded my mod powers except for removing spam for aaaages.

Thought it odd as it was in keeping with the general tone here of mild mickey taking, but he has admitted to possible incompetence on his part. Now we know who was really the last one to be picked.

It was me
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    *Points and laughs at anyone who has not got a light yet*. Thanks Gabriel!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337

I've heard that can happen and that you can get blue pills to solve it too :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • My light makes a slight but noticeable buzzing noise...anyone else?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    My light makes a slight but noticeable buzzing noise...anyone else?

You obviously got the "intimate personal massager" sent to you by mistake - I shouldn't complain else they'll all want one :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • My light makes a slight but noticeable buzzing noise...anyone else?

You obviously got the "intimate personal massager" sent to you by mistake - I shouldn't complain else they'll all want one :wink:

Yeah it's weird cos I couldnt get the light to turn on either...an why'd they send me a pink one?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922

Yeah it's weird cos I couldnt get the light to turn on either...an why'd they send me a pink one?

Has the OH been ordering stuff from the warehouse opposite the Dolphin pub in Bath? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yep I noticed the buzz but once outside its too noisy to notice, I have found out that battery life even on normal is gash!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    Are you trying to wind me up?

:wink:

Still no light.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • redvee

Not on mine, even right next to my ear I couldn't hear anything, nor see anything cause I looked in the lens.
    I've just modded the bar mount I bought, I stuck a piece of inner tube on the face that sits on the bars as it was too smooth and moved when the strap was done up.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:

Not on mine, even right next to my ear I couldn't hear anything, nor see anything cause I looked in the lens.
    I've just modded the bar mount I bought, I stuck a piece of inner tube on the face that sits on the bars as it was too smooth and moved when the strap was done up.

Yeah stupid design that, I used a strip of double sided tape
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I've had mine!!

I signed up on 16th December, so quite late. I think it may have arrived late last week, but I've not been home for a few days so my neighbour had it.
  • itboffin
    Battery lasts about 2 hrs on flash, crap
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Only 2 hours on flash? That is strange. I had mine on low and steady for longer than that!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • itboffin
    Just plugged it in at work and its says fully charged after 1.30 hrs

I think i have a duff unit :evil:
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    itboffin wrote:
    I think my brain would last about 1 minute with a front light on flash...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • TGOTB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Sadly a number of the early commuters ride though Bushy Park on flash, with powerful lights it's seriously unpleasant.

And I can't believe they can see much since eyes can't cope with that range of light in that time frame. Mind you saw someone going though Kingston with lights on full flickering strobe.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    TGOTB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Sadly a number of the early commuters ride though Bushy Park on flash, with powerful lights it's seriously unpleasant.

And I can't believe they can see much since eyes can't cope with that range of light in that time frame. Mind you saw someone going though Kingston with lights on full flickering strobe.
    I've been drafted through RP a couple of times by riders with 100000 lumen strobes. You alternate between being able to see nothing whatsoever (because you've been blinded) and being able to see absolutely everything, in perfect daylight detail, except the actual bit of road in front of you. I've actually tried (unsuccessfully) closing and opening my eyes in time with the flashing.

It's for these people in particular that I'm developing my special bike-mounted drawing pin dispenser :evil:
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    TGOTB wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I've been drafted through RP a couple of times by riders with 100000 lumen strobes. You alternate between being able to see nothing whatsoever (because you've been blinded) and being able to see absolutely everything, in perfect daylight detail, except the actual bit of road in front of you. I've actually tried (unsuccessfully) closing and opening my eyes in time with the flashing.

It's for these people in particular that I'm developing my special bike-mounted drawing pin dispenser :evil:

Buy a Hope District 3 and put it on the fast flash -pause- fast flash setting (the last one of the 5) no one will draft you. You WILL cause multiple pile ups, deaths and generally be responsible for the collapse of any parts of Western civilisation behind you but you will stop drafting.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Buy a Hope District 3 and put it on the fast flash -pause- fast flash setting (the last one of the 5) no one will draft you. You WILL cause multiple pile ups, deaths and generally be responsible for the collapse of any parts of Western civilisation behind you but you will stop drafting.

Sounds like a reasonable trade-off to me.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Only 2 hours on flash? That is strange. I had mine on low and steady for longer than that!

I've currently had mine switched on the 200lumens setting for just over two hours and counting.
  • itboffin
    50 mins on normal and the battery is at half, mines going back that sort of life is useless for me.
  • elbowloh
    Still
    no
    light
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    DKay wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

I've currently had mine switched on the 200lumens setting for just over two hours and counting.

It got to just under three hours and the light was still going strong with the indicator button still showing green. This was with the rear light in flashing mode too.
  • redvee
    itboffin wrote:

I've had 7x approx 40mins commutes out of one charge so far, that is on 400 lumens for 5 minutes, 100 lumens for 15 and flash for 20mins. Still got life left though can see me needing to charge it on Monday night when I get home.