Magazine and light support thread

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Moldy wrote:
    2 identical letters arrived today, both dated 24.12.14. Light will be with me within 28 days, they say...

This is not a crossword clue then? :?
    Sounds more like a coded message from a secret agent. Expect delivery by parachute at dead of night...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Moldy
    Moldy Posts: 110
    I'd take delivery by parachute if it meant actually getting the light!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Moldy wrote:
    2 identical letters arrived today, both dated 24.12.14. Light will be with me within 28 days, they say...

Two letters saying 28 days each means a wait of 56 days....
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • got my second mag - nearly threw it in the bin as thought they had resent the December edition. Will they all have a picture of a man wearing the maillot jaune?
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    got my second mag - nearly threw it in the bin as thought they had resent the December edition. Will they all have a picture of a man wearing the maillot jaune?
    I suspect that eventually you might see a man in a pink jersey, or perhaps even red if you fail to cancel the direct debit.

The mag doesn't seem that bad to be fair (particularly given we're in the off season). I haven't cancelled the DD yet, if the classics coverage is good I might actually give it a chance.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    TimothyW wrote:
    got my second mag - nearly threw it in the bin as thought they had resent the December edition. Will they all have a picture of a man wearing the maillot jaune?
    I suspect that eventually you might see a man in a pink jersey, or perhaps even red if you fail to cancel the direct debit.

The mag doesn't seem that bad to be fair (particularly given we're in the off season). I haven't cancelled the DD yet, if the classics coverage is good I might actually give it a chance.
    Given we're just reaching the climax of the cross season, *and* there's not much else going on at the moment, I'm slightly disappointed by the limited coverage in ProCycling. Is their in-depth coverage limited just to races that non-cyclists have heard of?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    TGOTB wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:

Given we're just reaching the climax of the cross season, *and* there's not much else going on at the moment, I'm slightly disappointed by the limited coverage in ProCycling. Is their in-depth coverage limited just to races that non-cyclists have heard of?

Mainly road racing.

Cyclo cross is a Belgian novelty and will ever be thus, even if hipsters work out that their new fangled sport they so love has in fact massive mainstream parts to it so start to champion cyclocross.

Presumably the mud only adds to the bearded lumbersexual look.
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    Drum roll!!!!!!!

My light arrived this morning and is currently on charge. :mrgreen:

Cheers Stuart
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    The Rover wrote:
    Drum roll!!!!!!!

Cheers Stuart

Don't tell us - I bet you signed up only last week! :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Lies ...
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • the_rover
    The Rover wrote:
    Drum roll!!!!!!!

Cheers Stuart

Don't tell us - I bet you signed up only last week! :wink:

Just checked and hadn't realised just how long ago it was. Subscribed on bonfire night!

Btw, it's still charging!
  • meanredspider
    The Rover wrote:
    . Subscribed on bonfire night!

Phew. It'll be bonfire night again before I get mine at this rate. I know who the effigy on the bonfire will be of too :twisted: :wink::D
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • the_rover
    itboffin wrote:
    Lies ...

Now now :mrgreen:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Consider yourself lucky. I signed up on the 2nd of Nov and still no sign of the effing light.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • meanredspider
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky. I signed up on the 2nd of Nov and still no sign of the effing light.

Just in case it's not clear, I am very grateful for you pointing this offer out. Thank you!
  • the_rover
    gabriel959 wrote:

I thought with mine arriving today it might be the start of them being delivered, fingers crossed for the rest of you. :D

Ps, it's still charging! It's been over 5 hrs.
    Suppose I'll have to read the instructions at some point! :mrgreen:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    gabriel959 wrote:

Just in case it's not clear, I am very grateful for you pointing this offer out. Thank you!

I know mate, I just want the bloody thing now :D

The lousy magazine does not help either! :evil:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Mine arrived today - cheers again Gabriel!
  • I just received an e-mail from Immediate Media offering me the opportunity to subscribe to Pro-cycling for £5 for 5 issues.... now where could they have got my subscription from?

I wonder if they would let me switch to Cycling Plus?
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    The Rover wrote:
    Suppose I'll have to read the instructions at some point!:
    Have you no shame :wink:
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Arrived this morning :D.
    Currently charging (see what I did there :) )
  • itboffin
    letter day + 26 for me :(

still no light, perhaps if i stand by the front door waiting :(
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    My light has just arrived with a £100 voucher by way of apology for the delay.

Not all of the above sentence is true.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Two mags in and no light still. Can't remember when I ordered it, but it was sometime in November.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    edited January 2015
    elbowloh wrote:
    Two mags in and no light still. Can't remember when I ordered it, but it was sometime in November.

If you were to wrap them around a stick and cover them in tar, you could make your own torch in the meantime.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Light arrived this morning!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    elbowloh wrote:

If you were to wrap them around a stick and cover them in tar, you could make your own torch in the meantime.
    I'll just use the spare tub of tar that I keep under the sink, like we all do.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    elbowloh wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:

I'll just use the spare tub of tar that I keep under the sink, like we all do.

I'm sure the local council can pitch in

(igmc)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • doolie
    doolie Posts: 42
    Light arrived here yesterday, oddly at the same time as 2 separate letters advising the light delivery was going be delayed.

Looks like a quality piece of kit
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • itboffin
    Guess what ...?

Yup its arrived and nope its not bright IMO, oh well