Magazine and light support thread

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I assume mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday, as I got a calling card from the postman. I hope it's not yet another bloody Meercat toy.
  • elbowloh wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Two mags in and no light still. Can't remember when I ordered it, but it was sometime in November.

If you were to wrap them around a stick and cover them in tar, you could make your own torch in the meantime.
    I'll just use the spare tub of tar that I keep under the sink, like we all do.

I'm sure the local council can pitch in

(igmc)

if it helps I thought that was funny
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    elbowloh wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Two mags in and no light still. Can't remember when I ordered it, but it was sometime in November.

If you were to wrap them around a stick and cover them in tar, you could make your own torch in the meantime.
    I'll just use the spare tub of tar that I keep under the sink, like we all do.

I'm sure the local council can pitch in

(igmc)

My humour is too subtle for most people 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325

My humour is too subtle for most people 8)
    I was thinking we shouldn't encourage you. :wink:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    itboffin wrote:
    Guess what ...?

Yup its arrived and nope its not bright IMO, oh well
    Perhaps it's because you're more used to one of these:
    01sc_95146_03_hirez.jpg

I haven't ridden with it yet, but it seems mighty bright enough for my London riding.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Perhaps it's because you're more used to one of these:
    01sc_95146_03_hirez.jpg

What, being screwed from behind by a guy with close-cropped hair and a bushy moustache...??? :shock: :shock: :wink::lol:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Moldy
    Moldy Posts: 110
    The light is here!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Yeah EKE outside in the real world its dark and get this in many places there are no buildings or streetlights :shock:

Weird eh

True dat
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DKay
    DKay wrote:
    I assume mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday, as I got a calling card from the postman. I hope it's not yet another bloody Meercat toy.

No Meercat! :)

The light seems plenty bright enough, even just on the 200lumens setting. Simple to operate too, which is pretty clever when you consider that it has two lights, each with multiple modes and just the one button. Well worth the cost of six crap magazines.
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    My light has arrived - very pleased with it!

Thanks gabriel959 for pointing out the deal initially.

Cheers
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Glad you are enjoy them, I still haven't received mine :D
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • DKay
    gabriel959 wrote:

Cheers for the original heads up dude. Hope you get yours soon.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    gabriel959 wrote:

I would love to know what order they are sending them out in. I'm guessing something like using a colour wheel to match the colour of the subscriber's aura.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • itboffin
    Dude are you saying its because you is black?
    I didn't tell them I'm Irish which is why I got mine today.

I recon if you pretend to be from auz you'd get it earlier :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    gabriel959 wrote:

Don't worry, there's still a good 3 weeks of night time commuting left of the winter! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    No light, no letter and no reply to enquires as to when I can expect the bloody light!!!! :x

I like ProCycling it's a good mag and I was a subscriber for years but this leaves a sour taste.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

I would love to know what order they are sending them out in. I'm guessing something like using a colour wheel to match the colour of the subscriber's aura.

That would imply some sort of thought or logic... :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Still no light for me though I did hang about for a day or two after it was first posted so knew I wasn't front of the queue. Want to get the handlebar mount for it but won't order till I know the light is actually coming.
  • I got the light and am very impressed... charger does not fit but have so many of the things that it does not matter
  • For those of you who have received the light, how much use is the red light? If it's helmet-mounted, isn't the red end just pointing into the sky? And if on the bars, it will be right in your face.
  • Bobbygloss wrote:
    For those of you who have received the light, how much use is the red light? If it's helmet-mounted, isn't the red end just pointing into the sky? And if on the bars, it will be right in your face.

in principle you can turn the red light off but would probably need to read the instructions. As a general rule the red bit will be pointing in the opposite direction to that which you are looking so if you are looking at the front wheel then yes your red end will be pointing at the sky.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    :evil: I am now angry at those who have received their lights. Go and start a 'I got my lights and i am a smug b*stard and I laugh at those who have only got a crappy mag, hahahahahah, thread'. :x

F off. :( I want to be miserable and wallow in being sans light only with other sans light losers.
  • FYI my light finally turned up today...
  • Lefthook
    Lefthook Posts: 124
    Might be a bit of confusion around, me thinks. There were 2 offers floating around at the same time from different mags, one for a Moon Meteor and Comet light set and one for a Lezyne Duo thingy.

I have received my Moons but not the Lezyne Macro Duo.

Which one is Gabriel getting commision on?
  • veronese68
    Gabriel is on commission for the Lezyne light offer. This thread was intended for that one, but feel free to brag/bitch about receiving other free lights that were part of a magazine offer.
    @ Sewinman. I got my light in early December, before I even applied for the magazine. :P
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Light arrived this morning,already charged too so already fitted on the Giro.

Hope everyone who's still waiting get theirs soon.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • itboffin
    Fitted the helmet mount to the top rack of my panniers rack so I can use the rear as another red light (5 now) and as am emergency front of the two o have fail.

Think I'm lit up enough now
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Finally received the light today!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • veronese68
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Finally received the light today!!!
    Woohoo!
    celebration.jpg
  • itboffin
    just ordered 3 x front handlebar mounts from evans for £10