Magazine and light support thread

Comments

• the loonies have sent me another copy of the mag with Nibali on the front - am hoping they send another light
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    just switch mine on at 14:40 on normal im going to time it

also who do we send these back to for warranty claims, lezyne only do USA directly.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    5 hours on standard and still running yet only 40 mins on flash wtaf
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Seems odd Boff. I think the distributors for Lezyne are Upgrade Bikes you could ask them.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Yep. Still no light.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Battery lasts about 2 hrs on flash, crap

Still on the original charge, 9 days of 40 mins commute of mixed use.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    redvee wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Battery lasts about 2 hrs on flash, crap

Still on the original charge, 9 days of 40 mins commute of mixed use.

lies

although mine will last months now ...in the garage doing nothing :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.
  • elbowloh
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.
    I signed up on 3rd November ffs!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    elbowloh wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.
    I think it's probably worth you chasing. Is your billing address different from your delivery address?

Mine the magazines came to my delivery address but the light went to my billing address.
  • elbowloh
    TimothyW wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.
    I think it's probably worth you chasing. Is your billing address different from your delivery address?

Mine the magazines came to my delivery address but the light went to my billing address.
    Yeah, I just have.

Nope, billing and delivery address the same.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.

Yeah, I just have.

They sent me tow copies of the latest mag if you would like one - collection only as it is not worth the cost of the postage
  • Anonymous
    TimothyW wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.

The light also went to my billing address
  • redvee
    elbowloh wrote:

I did the deed on November 5th, two issues of the mag and a set of lights which are now on the second charge and the DD was cancelled after the first issue arrived. Happy with 6ish hours of use from the light on a charge.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    On the 9th Jan at 10am
    coriordan wrote:
    Signed up.

Arrived today.

Yeah, I just have.

They sent me tow copies of the latest mag if you would like one - collection only as it is not worth the cost of the postage
    I get the mags, just not the light!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Which is the go-to handlebar mount? Ideally something which will won't fall off as I am not good at dodging potholes
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lez ... s-ec041405

You'll need to add a bit of rubber to the underside or it will slip back and forward on your handlebars. That aside, it is very secure.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    coriordan wrote:
    Which is the go-to handlebar mount? Ideally something which will won't fall off as I am not good at dodging potholes

Or puddles.
  • Anonymous
    I aimed for that. I was disappointed with the lack of spray.
  • redvee
    Encountered my first driver tonight who doesn't like the light on fast flash mode. Must have rode past 100's of drivers and this was the first to flash their headlights at me. Can't understand what the problem was as the light was aimed at the road directly in front of my wheel, the Magicshine on the bars was pointing further ahead than the Lezyne on my helmet.
  • elbowloh
    No light and no reply to my email either.

Pah.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    redvee wrote:
    Encountered my first driver tonight who doesn't like the light on fast flash mode. Must have rode past 100's of drivers and this was the first to flash their headlights at me. Can't understand what the problem was as the light was aimed at the road directly in front of my wheel, the Magicshine on the bars was pointing further ahead than the Lezyne on my helmet.

It's because he was probably attracted to the flashing and decided to keep looking at it. :roll:
  • elbowloh
    Still no light.

They have responded to me (Future Publishing) saying that at the moment they can't find a record of my subscription, despite me giving them my order number and that I have already received 2 magazines.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    elbowloh wrote:
    Still no light.

They have responded to me (Future Publishing) saying that at the moment they can't find a record of my subscription, despite me giving them my order number and that I have already received 2 magazines.

Have you paid?

cancel and order again?

we'll hold a torch light vigil for you :lol:
  • elbowloh wrote:
    Still no light.

you are obviously dealing with an absolute moron - Future sold it months ago to Immediate Media no wonder they have no record of you.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh wrote:
    Still no light.

you are obviously dealing with an absolute moron - Future sold it months ago to Immediate Media no wonder they have no record of you.
    I just sent my email back to the address I got my order confirmation email from.

I hadn't realised they sold it!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Still no light.

I just sent my email back to the address I got my order confirmation email from.

I hadn't realised they sold it!

To confuse matters further they use a 3rd party - try help@dsb.buysubscriptions.com
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    My light has died. Fully charged but will not switch on :x

Any idea who I approach for a replacement, is it Immediate Media or the Leyzyne distributer? Not sure if I can use subscription confirmation as 'proof of purchase'.

Cheers
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • elbowloh
    Just had this email to say I won't be getting a light as I didn't select the offer
    Our records show your renewal/order was submitted to us via a discounted offer and does not include a gift.

Please allow me explain why this must have happened. In the subscription advertisement within our magazine it gave you an offer "Quote Code" to use when placing your subscription order either by phone on online. This code needed to be used at the time you entered your online order, as the gift offer's are exclusive to our readers and as such are only promoted within the magazine as not on our website, our website does however offer discounted subscriptions prices to all of our publications as many of our readers prefer to chose this option.

When you placed your subscription online unfortunately you did not use the promotional offer code as directed within the advertisement and instead you selected our discounted website price offer, as I confirmed previously this offer does not entitle you to a gift therefore no gift was generated to be sent to you, if the correct code had been used when placing your order this would have generated the gift.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of Procycling

Nicola Reigate
    Email Customer Services
    I replied back saying i'm pretty sure I did as its the only reason subscribed and also included a link to the url on bikeradar where the offer was promoted.

http://www.bikeradar.com/blog/article/s ... -70-42068/
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh wrote:
    Just had this email to say I won't be getting a light as I didn't select the offer
    Our records show your renewal/order was submitted to us via a discounted offer and does not include a gift.

Please allow me explain why this must have happened. In the subscription advertisement within our magazine it gave you an offer "Quote Code" to use when placing your subscription order either by phone on online. This code needed to be used at the time you entered your online order, as the gift offer's are exclusive to our readers and as such are only promoted within the magazine as not on our website, our website does however offer discounted subscriptions prices to all of our publications as many of our readers prefer to chose this option.

When you placed your subscription online unfortunately you did not use the promotional offer code as directed within the advertisement and instead you selected our discounted website price offer, as I confirmed previously this offer does not entitle you to a gift therefore no gift was generated to be sent to you, if the correct code had been used when placing your order this would have generated the gift.

If there is anything else that I can help you with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

For and on behalf of Procycling

Nicola Reigate
    Email Customer Services
    I replied back saying i'm pretty sure I did as its the only reason subscribed and also included a link to the url on bikeradar where the offer was promoted.

http://www.bikeradar.com/blog/article/s ... -70-42068/

They are very strange people - it would have been much easier to just send you the light. Did you get a confirmation email?