The Championship (mainly The Barcodes) thread

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    johnfinch wrote:
    Bolton Wanderers on the way back now with Neil "Ginger Mourinho" Lennon.

I'm a Trotter too, don't know why as I haven't lived in Bolton since I was 9. Hope he manages to turn us round, especially given we are £160m in debt. :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    Good result for the Boro as well - hot on Bournemouths heels.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Joelsim wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I'm a Trotter too, don't know why as I haven't lived in Bolton since I was 9. Hope he manages to turn us round, especially given we are £160m in debt. :cry:

Who is that actually owed to? That figure is astonishing.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    How is Brett Pitman doing for your lot? Liked him when he was with my lot (Bristol City) but not enough all round effort in a struggling team

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good result for the Boro as well - hot on Bournemouths heels.

Good result. Bournemouth should be a great game next week.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Who is that actually owed to? That figure is astonishing.

Eddie Davies who owns the club.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Watched the game and have to say I thought the Cherries were quite lucky to get the win.

Trying to be neutral, I thought Brighton did not deserve nothing from the game. I guess when you're on a good roll, it keeps happening for you and when you're in a slump, you can't beg, borrow or steal a result.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Joelsim wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I left Bolton at 10, I support the Super Whites and Maidstone United. I hope they never meet in the cup.
  • joelsim
    johnfinch wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I left Bolton at 10, I support the Super Whites and Maidstone United. I hope they never meet in the cup.

I quite like Arsenal these days as I've seen them more than any other club, I like the way they play and I also like the fact they still bring youngsters through. I also like the fact that they only have 4 defenders and 2 strikers in their squad, and 435 midfielders (all small, talented players who can't compete against the big boys).

I do look for Bolton's result first though.
  • Proper spanking for the Canaries tonight. A work colleague travelled up to watch the game, he's in for a long, late and miserable drive home!
  • Stevo_666
    Proper spanking for the Canaries tonight. A work colleague travelled up to watch the game, he's in for a long, late and miserable drive home!
    Up The Boro - and up to second.

We just need to 'pop the cherry' on Saturday and we'll be top of the league...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wish I'd bloody gone now! Norwich are a serious scalp this season, I hope the confidence is cemented. I know it's early doors but I've got a good feeling about this season :D

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    When was the last time Bournemouth was in the top flight? I'd look it up but I cba.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pretty certain they have not been in top flight....
  • pinno
    I managed Bournemouth once (Football Manager for PC) and got Vincent Pericard on loan who scored a shed full of goals for me.
  • I managed Bournemouth once (Football Manager for PC) and got Vincent Pericard on loan who scored a shed full of goals for me.

Send your CV to Man City, could be a managerial vacancy there by the morning.
  • pinno
    Hmm...beaten at home by some Ruskies.
  • Stevo_666
    Hmm...beaten at home by some Ruskies.
    A bit like last season then :P
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Proper spanking for the Canaries tonight. A work colleague travelled up to watch the game, he's in for a long, late and miserable drive home!
    Up The Boro - and up to second.

We just need to 'pop the cherry' on Saturday and we'll be top of the league...

Never in my wildest imagination did I think that Cherries v Boro would be a top of the table clash. Come Saturday, Win, Lose or Draw the Cherries run has been very enjoyable.

Should be a very interesting day with the top 6 playing in 3 games.
    Cherries v Boro
    Ipswich v Watford
    Derby v Wolves
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Chin up Norwich fans

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foot ... ns-8059655

Imagine that, following a sport where your team might lose!

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pinno
    Chin up Norwich fans

This trend might make fans support the opposition, speshly in the poorer areas. I think David Moyes is the best manager for the job of escalating ticket refunds.
  • Chin up Norwich fans

This trend might make fans support the opposition, speshly in the poorer areas. I think David Moyes is the best manager for the job of escalating ticket refunds.

If me and my dad could get a refund for every Boro game we got dicked we wouldn't have a mortgage :lol:

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    If me and my dad could get a refund for every Boro game we got dicked we wouldn't have a mortgage :lol:
    Stop talking about this refund idea, we don't want even more Man U fans.
  • mr_goo
    Come on you Cherries!

tumblr_inline_nedpviAWP61ryfaxj.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Up the Boro - time to teach those shandy drinking southerners from Coffin Dodger Central a thing or two about football :)
  • UTB

parmo-129682839.jpg

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Up the Boro - time to teach those shandy drinking southerners from Coffin Dodger Central a thing or two about football :)

I never knew how hotel/motel you really were until you posted that.
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bournemouth supporters get prepared for the trip to the toxic wastelands of ICI Central.

article-0-1A107765000005DC-616_468x488.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I never knew how hotel/motel you really were until you posted that.
    The south coast is way further south than where I am :)
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bournemouth supporters get prepared for the trip to the toxic wastelands of ICI Central.

article-0-1A107765000005DC-616_468x488.jpg
    Well the environs around the Riverside is good for intimidating big girls blouses.