The Champions League (Mainly Barca) thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
Liverpool and Man C get shown up for all their domestic and continental frailties respectively.
Cheslki look good all round but I have a feeling the bubble will burst and god help them if DC gets injured.
Arsenal are having their usual early season teething problems (yes, I know the loss against Villa was followed by a great run of form last year but it was against weak opposition).
Barcelona concede the first 3 goals of the season at PSG. Hopefully a wake up call.
La Liga: 1st Barcelona Played 6 Won 5 Drawn 1 Goals for 17 Goals Against 0
Man U - you gotta be in it to win it. hee hee.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!
«13456716

Comments

  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

    Unfortunately we're not going to get a lot of input from the City or Liverpool lot :twisted: Anyhow, let's see what happens. We've got a reasonable chance and have won it before without Costa. PL stats so far:
    Played 6
    Won 5
    Drawn 1
    Goals for 19
    Goals against 7
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

    Maybe you need more coffee and some EPO.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

    Maybe you need more coffee and some EPO.
    EPO? You're welcome to mine. Probably not the same EPO as what you're thinking of though.

    Sunday's little head to head will be good CL practice :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

    Maybe you need more coffee and some EPO.
    EPO? You're welcome to mine. Probably not the same EPO as what you're thinking of though.

    Sunday's little head to head will be good CL practice :)

    Take your pick
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.

    at least he will have his dad to keep him company
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

    :lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

    :lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
    Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

    :lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
    Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:

    one mans mitigation is another's evasion :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

    :lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
    Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:

    one mans mitigation is another's evasion :lol:
    'kin leftie :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The lesson is clear. Don't get Stevo to do your tax return. :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

    :lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
    Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:

    one mans mitigation is another's evasion :lol:
    'kin leftie :wink:

    I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'kin leftie :wink:

    I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
    The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'kin leftie :wink:

    I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
    The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)

    Don't need to add up, have a team of accountants to do that boring stuff, admit the b0ll0x and the skint, only if they wife works out my true salary :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'kin leftie :wink:

    I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
    The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)

    Don't need to add up, have a team of accountants to do that boring stuff, admit the b0ll0x and the skint, only if they wife works out my true salary :)
    I was trying to get a bite from a leftie :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'kin leftie :wink:

    I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
    The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)

    Don't need to add up, have a team of accountants to do that boring stuff, admit the b0ll0x and the skint, only if they wife works out my true salary :)
    I was trying to get a bite from a leftie :wink:

    Too busy eating lentils and polishing their doc martins
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:

    Alas, my friend, I fear you may be right :cry:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:

    Alas, my friend, I fear you may be right :cry:
    Life's not that bad, surely? Cheer yourself up tonight by watching Liverpool play Real :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:

    Alas, my friend, I fear you may be right :cry:
    Life's not that bad, surely? Cheer yourself up tonight by watching Liverpool play Real :)

    Lol :lol: I spent my 30th birthday watching City lose away to York City in the old third division, trust me it would take more than a struggle in the champions league and being one of the horses in a two horse race for the premier league to get me down.

    That's not to say life wouldn't be a bit sweeter if the Scousers get spanked tonight :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

    How did City do ? :wink:

    A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

    B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:

    Alas, my friend, I fear you may be right :cry:
    Life's not that bad, surely? Cheer yourself up tonight by watching Liverpool play Real :)

    Lol :lol: I spent my 30th birthday watching City lose away to York City in the old third division, trust me it would take more than a struggle in the champions league and being one of the horses in a two horse race for the premier league to get me down.

    That's not to say life wouldn't be a bit sweeter if the Scousers get spanked tonight :D
    We can agree on something then :)

    Out of interest are you season ticket holder for City?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Not anymore unfortunately. Me and the mrs used to have STs but had to give them up after the second ankle biter arrived. Just before the takeover :roll:
    So despite what the opposition fans sing, I really was there when we were sh1t!! :lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore unfortunately. Me and the mrs used to have STs but had to give them up after the second ankle biter arrived. Just before the takeover :roll:
    So despite what the opposition fans sing, I really was there when we were sh1t!! :lol:
    Should have kept it to be consistent :wink:

    We are just members here as we can't make all the games but we can get tickets for most matches that we want. Two adults and a kid would be a bit pricey at The Bridge as well :shock: The only match where we really struggled with availability recently was the Arsenal fixture, seems everyone wanted to go see that game after last seasons 'Maribor' scoreline :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited October 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like the last sixteen is on for us thanks to 2 minutes of football from the 4rse. More chance then SChitty anyway. :wink:
    How could you have less chance than the footballing wing of ISIS ? :)

    Think you misinterpreted that.

    We have more chance of reaching the last 16 than City.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore unfortunately. Me and the mrs used to have STs but had to give them up after the second ankle biter arrived. Just before the takeover :roll:
    So despite what the opposition fans sing, I really was there when we were sh1t!! :lol:
    Should have kept it to be consistent :wink:

    We are just members here as we can't make all the games but we can get tickets for most matches that we want. Two adults and a kid would be a bit pricey at The Bridge as well :shock: The only match where we really struggled with availability recently was the Arsenal fixture, seems everyone wanted to go see that game after last seasons 'Maribor' scoreline :D


    Cityboy sorry to hear about yours and Mrs' STs , glad it all cleared up before the kids arrived :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore...:lol:
    Should have kept it to be consistent :wink:

    We are...scoreline :D


    Cityboy sorry to hear about yours and Mrs' STs , glad it all cleared up before the kids arrived :lol:

    The wonders of rubbing beetroot on it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore...:lol:
    Should have kept it to be consistent :wink:

    We are...scoreline :D


    Cityboy sorry to hear about yours and Mrs' STs , glad it all cleared up before the kids arrived :lol:

    The wonders of rubbing beetroot on it.

    Root veg......in Manchester......behave :roll:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.