The Champions League (Mainly Barca) thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
Liverpool and Man C get shown up for all their domestic and continental frailties respectively.
Cheslki look good all round but I have a feeling the bubble will burst and god help them if DC gets injured.
Arsenal are having their usual early season teething problems (yes, I know the loss against Villa was followed by a great run of form last year but it was against weak opposition).
Barcelona concede the first 3 goals of the season at PSG. Hopefully a wake up call.
La Liga: 1st Barcelona Played 6 Won 5 Drawn 1 Goals for 17 Goals Against 0
Man U - you gotta be in it to win it. hee hee.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

Unfortunately we're not going to get a lot of input from the City or Liverpool lot :twisted: Anyhow, let's see what happens. We've got a reasonable chance and have won it before without Costa. PL stats so far:
    Played 6
    Won 5
    Drawn 1
    Goals for 19
    Goals against 7
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You only started this because you didn't want me to do one with Chelsea in the thread title :wink:

Maybe you need more coffee and some EPO.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

EPO? You're welcome to mine. Probably not the same EPO as what you're thinking of though.

Sunday's little head to head will be good CL practice :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

EPO? You're welcome to mine. Probably not the same EPO as what you're thinking of though.

Sunday's little head to head will be good CL practice :)

Take your pick
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It won't look so great with Messi in prison.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Joelsim wrote:

at least he will have his dad to keep him company
  • Stevo_666
    Joelsim wrote:
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    It might be a little bit ironic if the CL chances of Mr. P's second favourite team are ruined because of tax evasion :wink: Specially if Chelski go and beat them :P

:lol: though not a great sales pitch for tax evasion
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Don't get the lefties frothing at the mouth - I do mitigation, not evasion :wink:

one mans mitigation is another's evasion :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

'kin leftie :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The lesson is clear. Don't get Stevo to do your tax return. :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

I have never been drunk enough to be a leftie
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The similarities are there. They can't add up, they talk b0ll0x and they end up skint :)

Don't need to add up, have a team of accountants to do that boring stuff, admit the b0ll0x and the skint, only if they wife works out my true salary :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't need to add up, have a team of accountants to do that boring stuff, admit the b0ll0x and the skint, only if they wife works out my true salary :)
    I was trying to get a bite from a leftie :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was trying to get a bite from a leftie :wink:

Too busy eating lentils and polishing their doc martins
  • Stevo_666
    Another low scoring, defensive display from Chelsea tonight :D

How did City do ? :wink:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A) Yes, plenty of goals for Chelski....although it was against a poor team!

B) not very well I'm afraid.....despite being against a poor team :oops:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Look on the bright side, in a few weeks you'll be able to concentrate on the domestic competitions. Which of course means there will be absolutely no excuse if you don't win the league :wink:

Alas, my friend, I fear you may be right :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Life's not that bad, surely? Cheer yourself up tonight by watching Liverpool play Real :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Life's not that bad, surely? Cheer yourself up tonight by watching Liverpool play Real :)

Lol :lol: I spent my 30th birthday watching City lose away to York City in the old third division, trust me it would take more than a struggle in the champions league and being one of the horses in a two horse race for the premier league to get me down.

That's not to say life wouldn't be a bit sweeter if the Scousers get spanked tonight :D
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Lol :lol: I spent my 30th birthday watching City lose away to York City in the old third division, trust me it would take more than a struggle in the champions league and being one of the horses in a two horse race for the premier league to get me down.

That's not to say life wouldn't be a bit sweeter if the Scousers get spanked tonight :D
    We can agree on something then :)

Out of interest are you season ticket holder for City?
  • city_boy
    Not anymore unfortunately. Me and the mrs used to have STs but had to give them up after the second ankle biter arrived. Just before the takeover :roll:
    So despite what the opposition fans sing, I really was there when we were sh1t!! :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore unfortunately. Me and the mrs used to have STs but had to give them up after the second ankle biter arrived. Just before the takeover :roll:
    So despite what the opposition fans sing, I really was there when we were sh1t!! :lol:
    Should have kept it to be consistent :wink:

We are just members here as we can't make all the games but we can get tickets for most matches that we want. Two adults and a kid would be a bit pricey at The Bridge as well :shock: The only match where we really struggled with availability recently was the Arsenal fixture, seems everyone wanted to go see that game after last seasons 'Maribor' scoreline :D
  • pinno
    edited October 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like the last sixteen is on for us thanks to 2 minutes of football from the 4rse. More chance then SChitty anyway. :wink:
    How could you have less chance than the footballing wing of ISIS ? :)

Think you misinterpreted that.

We have more chance of reaching the last 16 than City.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

We are just members here as we can't make all the games but we can get tickets for most matches that we want. Two adults and a kid would be a bit pricey at The Bridge as well :shock: The only match where we really struggled with availability recently was the Arsenal fixture, seems everyone wanted to go see that game after last seasons 'Maribor' scoreline :D

Cityboy sorry to hear about yours and Mrs' STs , glad it all cleared up before the kids arrived :lol:
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore...:lol:

We are...scoreline :D

Cityboy sorry to hear about yours and Mrs' STs , glad it all cleared up before the kids arrived :lol:

The wonders of rubbing beetroot on it.
  • city_boy
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Not anymore...:lol:

We are...scoreline :D

The wonders of rubbing beetroot on it.

Root veg......in Manchester......behave :roll: