The Champions League (Mainly Barca) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Ooh what a goal Ramsey.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Looking forward to our practice match against Sporting tomorrow. Good warm-up for the Hull game I'm going to see on the weekend :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Should be interesting tonight. Predictions?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Proud of the boys tonight. Totally professional performance and they look to have really turned the season round. Just goes to show that a lot can change in 2 weeks in football :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    It's better if you don't have the unfair advantage of just concentrating on domestic football competitions :wink:
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:
    Proud of the boys tonight. Totally professional performance and they look to have really turned the season round. Just goes to show that a lot can change in 2 weeks in football :D

Without Aguero too.

You lot better catch Chelsea.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    From me too.
    I quite like the idea of collecting twice on the League Champions.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:

Without Aguero too.

Your such a brown noser.

Not that it makes any difference to you, Arsenal will probably still come 4th. Or maybe you can have the Europa League place that your new light blue heroes have so narrowly escaped from :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

Without Aguero too.

Your such a brown noser.

Not that it makes any difference to you, Arsenal will probably still come 4th. Or maybe you can have the Europa League place that your new light blue heroes have so narrowly escaped from :wink:

No you tw@t, I just want to see a fight at the top, not a parade - even if, god forbid, Chelski win, I want to see them earn it.
  • Stevo_666
    No you tw@t, I just want to see a fight at the top, not a parade - even if, god forbid, Chelski win, I want to see them earn it.
    Every point will be hard fought. That said, can we play you every week? :)
  • city_boy
    Without Aguero too.

And Kompany, and Toure, and with an unfit Silva.

Would be interesting to see how Chelsea would cope without Costa, Matic, Terry and Hazard?
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Your such a brown noser.

It's "you're". You pleb :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Your such a brown noser.

It's "you're". You pleb :wink:
    Typing on phones...

A Manc calling me a pleb, that's a new one :)
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Without Aguero too.

Well you were playing one of these second rate teams that signs Chelsea rejects :wink:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Without Aguero too.

Well you are one of these second rate teams that signs Chelsea rejects :wink:
    FTFY.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Typing on phones...

Yes, I guess that would be a challenge....with webbed fingers! :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Typing on phones...

High 6, as they say in Manchester :wink:

Good luck with Barcelona :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Typing on phones...

Where've you been?
    Did you slope off with Pinno for a weekend of mockney Man love?. :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, didn't see that one coming out of the hat :roll:

What were the chances, eh??

Good to see Arsenal being looked after and given a chance to keep up their UEFA coefficient......shame they won't be in it next year :mrgreen:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I can see why you cant grasp the concept of a 17th consecutive season in the Champions league for any Club City Boy, weren't you enjoying your second season back in Division one ( Sorry the championship now) back in 1997?
  • city_boy
    tim wand wrote:
    I can see why you cant grasp the concept of a 17th consecutive season in the Champions league for any Club City Boy, weren't you enjoying your second season back in Division one ( Sorry the championship now) back in 1997?

Back in 97/98 we were getting relegated to the old 3rd Division!! European football was the last thing on our minds.

You would have thought though that after 17 consecutive attempts, you might have won it at least once :wink:
  • tim wand wrote:

It's a great stat but there's no progression in either the team or the competition so you have to ask what's the point?
  • tim_wand
    So close in 2006, and it saved me from getting married as I blew the Wedding budget on a little trip to Paris.

What if, Lehmans sending off, Henry's Miss and Wenger deciding to Sub Pires ( possibly our most creative player at the time).

I actually think if Aguero is fit and available City have a great chance against Barca. No team would want to play them over two legs, shame the second is at Camp Nou.

Wouldn't fancy your Chances though if Joe Hart got sent off and Pellegrini decided to sub Silva to bring on your reserve keeper and Aguero had a mare.
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Typing on phones...

Where've you been?

He's not my type.

Been away for 4 day's and come I back to City boy and Stevski wielding handbags... :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Where've you been?
    Aww, missing me already. Is that what they call Manc love? :wink:

This is why I took a little break:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=13005400
  • Stevo_666
    Been away for 4 day's and come I back to City boy and Stevski wielding handbags... :roll:
    Back after 4 days off the forum and you're still a miserable old git :wink: You'd think that after Arsenal's weekend blip you'd be in a vaguely good mood?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Back after 4 days off the forum and you're still a miserable old git :wink: You'd think that after Arsenal's weekend blip you'd be in a vaguely good mood?

Stuffed 'em. Hope we beat then at the way aye stadium in the return fixture.

I don't mind the 'miserable' just less of the 'old'.
  • pinno
    Martin Odegaard 16, just signed for RM at a meagre £80k per week. How is he going to live on that pittance?
  • Stevo_666
    PSG v Chelsea tomorrow, should be good. Diego is back after a good rest, the only doubtful is Mike Obi. PSG have a few injury problems - and David Luiz in defence.
  • tim_wand
    Couldn't make it up! Chelsea team bus, Stuck in the tunnel at Parc de Princes. Couldn't get it into the 18 yard box :D