Torm

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I wear your tops, have 3 of them. The only improvement I would ask for is a pump holder/sleeve thingie. Would happily pay an extra quid or two for it if necessary. I put some elastic inside the pocket of one of my tops and it works a treat, but haven't gotten around to doing the others yet.....

You mean like the one Rapha do ;-)

yep, except I can get almost 3 jerseys from Torm for the price of 1 from Rapha
  • You mean like the one Rapha do ;-)

Yes, but funny enough the best I own is still the Colomba one... the fabric is richer in wool than Rapha's sportwool and the pockets are just as good... and I paid 50 quid for it...

http://colomba.cc/product_info.php?cPat ... ucts_id=29

I love Rapha stuff, but I can't afford it anymore... :(

I must admit that I've always loved the light blue one. It's very pleasing to the eye.

Logo is overwhelmingly large though... the fabric is excellent...kind of 60% merino... I've had mine (Italian one of course) since 2011 and it's still in very good nick
    left the forum March 2023
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    I've had to fall back on Rapha since I upgraded my iPhone at the beginning of the summer - can't fit a 5c in the Torm pocket comfortably.

Luckily it will be a couple of years before my next upgrade, because I doubt the 6 would even fit in the larger Rapha pocket :(

*yes I am aware this post screams "fashion victim" :shock:
  • I'll happily help market your company around Cambridge by wearing a free jersey and spread the name around. Lots of cyclists in my building, with some fairly deep pockets! If you're interested, PM me ;)

That's even more cheeky... :mrgreen:

:D

You never get anywhere if you don't ask. It's a very cheap method of advertising for companies! I like to talk about the gear I wear and how great companies are.*

*definitely not a hint to Torm!

I would never do that.
  • Have quite a few things and always liked it, then I am a fan of merino wool. Those arm warmers are more arm heaters though and will be out this weekend for sure.
  • SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    As you say you read the threads .... I really like your stuff, have bought for the men in my life, and recommended to friends and family for the men in theirs. But, what about me? I can't wear mens jerseys, as they are just too huge, we definitely have a different shape too, women have waists. If Torm and Solo were to make womens kit, I'd be happy to have a welcome change from Assos, Rapha and Castelli.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    edited October 2014
    ....ask and you shall get a ladies range!
  • Torm
    philwint wrote:
    I've had to fall back on Rapha since I upgraded my iPhone at the beginning of the summer - can't fit a 5c in the Torm pocket comfortably.

Luckily it will be a couple of years before my next upgrade, because I doubt the 6 would even fit in the larger Rapha pocket :(

*yes I am aware this post screams "fashion victim" :shock:

The iPhone 5 will fit in the zipped pockets in some the jersey sizes (in portrait mode not landscape) but all of the jerseys will accommodate the iPhone 5 in one of the pockets...I have an iPhone 4 :(
  • Torm
    On a more serious note, I do own one Torm jersey, which I like, but I use my rear pockets a lot and Torm pockets are too shallow (the side ones) or too narrow (the middle one)... as a result I can't carry the stuff I'd want to carry. If you change the pocket design to something more substantial, I'd definitively buy more...

Getting the pockets right for everyone on all cycling jerseys is a balance of carrying capacity and looks, it's a hard one to get right as different people want to carry different things, I'm not sure there is a single solution.
  • Torm
    I'll happily help market your company around Cambridge by wearing a free jersey and spread the name around. Lots of cyclists in my building, with some fairly deep pockets! If you're interested, PM me ;)

That's even more cheeky... :mrgreen:

:D

You never get anywhere if you don't ask. It's a very cheap method of advertising for companies! I like to talk about the gear I wear and how great companies are.*

*definitely not a hint to Torm!

I would never do that.

We do no paid advertising and rely solely on word of mouth....rightly or wrongly that means we will stay deliberately small and focussed...and nothing is free, if we hand out a jersey someone else has to pay for that somewhere along the line !
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:
    Just to let you know me and Al do closely follow the great debates on here regarding our products and we act on all the comments both good and bad which allow us to further develop our products. It's important to us to respect the forum and to stay within the forum rules so we won't always input into a debate (although we are always itching too !) unless we are specifically asked to comment, so feel free to ask away :D

You bumping the thread? Cheeky... :wink:

It's good to let people know that we listen, I think people would like to know that...I'm often surprised that some of the questions aren't asked more directly to us both in the forums and via email...it's only me and Al at Torm and we're not looking to take over the cycling world!
  • caedev
    caedev Posts: 81
    I've got a Torm jersey which I bought 2 years ago and it still looks and feels good as new. Wear it all year round and it's by far my favourite jersey.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    caedev wrote:
    I've got a Torm jersey which I bought 2 years ago and it still looks and feels good as new. Wear it all year round and it's by far my favourite jersey.

Same here. I have two SS jerseys and one LS. The SS jerseys get used year round and still look brand new after two years.

I can recommend the arm warmers too - toasty!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Good to hear directly from a manufacturer. I have three Torm jerseys, two Short and one long sleeve, and I really like them but...

Mr Torm - I have had problems with the older s/s jerseys in that the pockets have had to be re-inforced where they meet the jersey as they started to come away, and this has been mentioned by others on here. Has this been remedied in recent months? I am reticent to buy another before I know this has been addressed.

I know I could have just emailed you, but the answer may be of interest to others on here.
  • Torm wrote:
    On a more serious note, I do own one Torm jersey, which I like, but I use my rear pockets a lot and Torm pockets are too shallow (the side ones) or too narrow (the middle one)... as a result I can't carry the stuff I'd want to carry. If you change the pocket design to something more substantial, I'd definitively buy more...

Getting the pockets right for everyone on all cycling jerseys is a balance of carrying capacity and looks, it's a hard one to get right as different people want to carry different things, I'm not sure there is a single solution.

Yeah, but if you read, the feedback is almost unanimous... about the pockets being too shallow (side ones) or too narrow (middle one)... so you'll have to redesign them, because I won't buy another Torm until you do so... FACT!
  • Torm wrote:

Yeah, but if you read, the feedback is almost unanimous... about the pockets being too shallow (side ones) or too narrow (middle one)... so you'll have to redesign them, because I won't buy another Torm until you do so... FACT!
    if we chose pockets on "looks" we wouldn't buy jerseys with pockets. Since we do buy jerseys with pockets it's pretty clear we would rather be able to shove stuff in them than walk around saying.."nice pockets, aren't they perty..".
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    I love my Torm jerseys but agree totally about the pockets. I lost my windcheater jacket out a side pocket back in August. There simply isn't enough space to carry the same amount of stuff as most team jerseys.

I have also dropped a gilet but felt and heard it fall so was able to double back and collect it.

The zip pockets might have been sized for an earlier version of the iPhone but they don't cope with anything slightly bigger.

A friend has a Rapha jersey which is very similar to the Torm jersey. I measured the pockets on both and there is not a lot of difference in the dimensions of the pocket but it is enough to make a difference.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Just to let you know me and Al do closely follow the great debates on here regarding our products and we act on all the comments both good and bad which allow us to further develop our products. It's important to us to respect the forum and to stay within the forum rules so we won't always input into a debate (although we are always itching too !) unless we are specifically asked to comment, so feel free to ask away :D

It's good to let people know that we listen, I think people would like to know that
    Well OK then, so MAKE YOUR POCKETS BIGGER!!!!!
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Just to throw a spanner in the works I have no probs with the pockets. HTC M8 goes in a waterproof travel wallet (with keys, cash and card) and into a side pocket. Mini pump and one tube go in the other side along with a tool. Second tube and food go in the middle pocket along with arm or leg warmers - waterproofs I have no use for. You lot need to leave the make-up bag and spare panties behind and you'd have no problem :wink:
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • gimpl
    gimpl Posts: 269
    Must admit I don't have a problem with the pockets on either of my Torm jerseys. iphone 5 goes horizontally at the bottom of the right hand pocket. Rolled up gilet goes in middle pocket, hanky in left pocket. Keys in little zip pocket. Lots of spare room for other stuff too. I am XXL though - are my pockets bigger ? :mrgreen:
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    To clarify MY pocket issue - It's the zipped ones that i can't fit my phone in (easily). I do agree the main pockets are slightly smaller than my other jerseys, but not enough to bother me.

My 3 Torm jerseys are still well used, I just have to stick the phone in the main pocket (which I don't like doing as keys/tools etc can scratch it.

Just make the zip pockets bigger and I'll be happy.

Incidentally I tried my daughters new iPhone6 in my Rapha pockets - it can just be squeezed into the zip pocket, but it's very tight, and won't fit at all in my Torm one. So I suspect if phones continue the trend of getting bigger then everyone will have to make their zipped pockets larger.
  • Torm
    Good to hear directly from a manufacturer. I have three Torm jerseys, two Short and one long sleeve, and I really like them but...

Mr Torm - I have had problems with the older s/s jerseys in that the pockets have had to be re-inforced where they meet the jersey as they started to come away, and this has been mentioned by others on here. Has this been remedied in recent months? I am reticent to buy another before I know this has been addressed.

I know I could have just emailed you, but the answer may be of interest to others on here.

Yep, we are now using stronger thread on the jersey all round and have introduced a stronger and more elastic reinforcing band where the pockets join the jersey, if you need a photo just email us and I'll send one through.
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:

So, you want higher side pockets and a wider middle pocket, have I got that right? Do you use any storage on your bike?
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:

if we chose pockets on "looks" we wouldn't buy jerseys with pockets. Since we do buy jerseys with pockets it's pretty clear we would rather be able to shove stuff in them than walk around saying.."nice pockets, aren't they perty..".
    So you want me to sew a rucksack on the back;-) Seriously....tell me what you think a good solution would be...me and Al are open to great suggestions.
  • Torm
    Navrig2 wrote:
    I love my Torm jerseys but agree totally about the pockets. I lost my windcheater jacket out a side pocket back in August. There simply isn't enough space to carry the same amount of stuff as most team jerseys.

I have also dropped a gilet but felt and heard it fall so was able to double back and collect it.

The zip pockets might have been sized for an earlier version of the iPhone but they don't cope with anything slightly bigger.

A friend has a Rapha jersey which is very similar to the Torm jersey. I measured the pockets on both and there is not a lot of difference in the dimensions of the pocket but it is enough to make a difference.

This summer me and Al increased the internal size of the zipped pockets allowing some newer smart phones to fit in portrait mode, but we will always struggle to accommodate larger smart phones in the smaller jerseys? Was the other jersey the same size as your Torm jersey? We have found that team jerseys are designed with 'saggy' pockets to accomodate more luggage but they lack zipped jerseys to protect valuables and seperate them from tools and keys.
  • Torm wrote:
    So, you want higher side pockets and a wider middle pocket, have I got that right? Do you use any storage on your bike?

Yes, you got it right and no, I've given up on saddle bags, hence I need large pockets
  • Torm
    edited October 2014
    philwint wrote:
    To clarify MY pocket issue - It's the zipped ones that i can't fit my phone in (easily). I do agree the main pockets are slightly smaller than my other jerseys, but not enough to bother me.

My 3 Torm jerseys are still well used, I just have to stick the phone in the main pocket (which I don't like doing as keys/tools etc can scratch it.

Just make the zip pockets bigger and I'll be happy.

Incidentally I tried my daughters new iPhone6 in my Rapha pockets - it can just be squeezed into the zip pocket, but it's very tight, and won't fit at all in my Torm one. So I suspect if phones continue the trend of getting bigger then everyone will have to make their zipped pockets larger.
    Im a race fit in a large and my preferred approach is to carry keys, coins in the right zipped pockets, phone in the right hand pocket with my arm a warmers (I'm right handed), pump and food in the middle pocket, notes and cards in the left zipped pocket and rain jacket in the left pocket. What size jerseys do you have...or email me and I'll look them up...and I'll do some work on looking at a solution for bigger phones, we have increased the size of the internal part of the zipped pockets this summer though keeping up seems a never ending task ! If phones do get bigger again then something will have to give as it'll be very difficult to find a neat and tidy solution for everything....I reckon the next evolution will be smaller phones and ultra resolution glasses...then I'll need a glasses pocket !
  • Torm
    giant man wrote:
    Torm wrote:
    Torm wrote:

It's good to let people know that we listen, I think people would like to know that
    Well OK then, so MAKE YOUR POCKETS BIGGER!!!!!
    .....I HEAR YOU....what size Torm jersey do you have?
  • Torm
    Torm wrote:

Yes, you got it right and no, I've given up on saddle bags, hence I need large pockets

Can you draw me a picture of what you want?
  • Torm
    Gimpl wrote:
    Must admit I don't have a problem with the pockets on either of my Torm jerseys. iphone 5 goes horizontally at the bottom of the right hand pocket. Rolled up gilet goes in middle pocket, hanky in left pocket. Keys in little zip pocket. Lots of spare room for other stuff too. I am XXL though - are my pockets bigger ? :mrgreen:
    ...stop showing off ;-)