Torm

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Bums. I'm down one of my beautiful T3 jerseys. Cut from me (along with an expensive Gore Active Shell, gloves, bib shorts, knee protectors and dignity) in the Ambulance during this Sunday's audax.

On the bright side, I now have a titanium nail through the my femur to match my bike frame. Which I'm not allowed on until AT LEAST 2016, says the orthopod

Mine is not ripped but I can't get the blood out of mine after my off! Still, hopefully the insurance will cover it. And I am lucky with only 12 weeks off the bike with my collar and vertebral fractures.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,673
    Whilst I'm sure the guys at Torm are glad of the business they'd probably prefer it if it is not as a direct result of a rapid and unintentional dismount.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Whilst I'm sure the guys at Torm are glad of the business they'd probably prefer it if it is not as a direct result of a rapid and unintentional dismount.

Yebbut I now look like I have a Prussian duelling scar! (Just don't mention the fact that it was the side of a van rather than a fencing sword...)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Unequivocal proof that Sportwool is dangerous...

Wear a helmet and Sportwool at the same time and you may as well commit seppuku!
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Bums. I'm down one of my beautiful T3 jerseys. Cut from me (along with an expensive Gore Active Shell, gloves, bib shorts, knee protectors and dignity) in the Ambulance during this Sunday's audax.

On the bright side, I now have a titanium nail through the my femur to match my bike frame. Which I'm not allowed on until AT LEAST 2016, says the orthopod

Ouch.

What fracture?

I'm recovering from broken neck of the femur at present, 3 pins holding me together.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • Complicated spiral fracture of the femoral shaft (quite high up the shaft, FWIW). ARGH!!!!

Still, looking on the bright side, I already needed two more Torm SS jerseys, but wanted to wait to see if there were any new colours or large pockets.

This way, I get to buy three - so long as Torm are happy to wait until next Easter for my order!
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Complicated spiral fracture of the femoral shaft (quite high up the shaft, FWIW). ARGH!!!!

Still, looking on the bright side, I already needed two more Torm SS jerseys, but wanted to wait to see if there were any new colours or large pockets.

This way, I get to buy three - so long as Torm are happy to wait until next Easter for my order!
    ...we'll still be here and it'll still be just me and Al...with big pockets and another couple of colours !
  • Just spotted a prototype phone case on Torm's twitter feed, I for one would buy one, any thought
  • Torm
    Just spotted a prototype phone case on Torm's twitter feed, I for one would buy one, any thought
    I'm trying to be creative with using the offcuts from my jerseys so I've sampled a few different options...if I knew how to post a picture on here I would !
  • I like the look of these new samples, is it just the black and pink which will be added on Monday or will there be others to look forward to? It's my birthday in just over a fortnight, so I think my wardrobe will have a new addition :D

Edit: Also like what you've been trying with the offcuts, I don't think it gets much simpler in terms of design for a neck tube, but having colours to match the jerseys would look great. Your model is creepy.
  • Torm
    I like the look of these new samples, is it just the black and pink which will be added on Monday or will there be others to look forward to? It's my birthday in just over a fortnight, so I think my wardrobe will have a new addition :D

Edit: Also like what you've been trying with the offcuts, I don't think it gets much simpler in terms of design for a neck tube, but having colours to match the jerseys would look great. Your model is creepy.
    I will have a couple of others to add next week that I havent shown you yet but I need to do a few photos first. There will be a Limited Edition Long Sleeve Jersey and another short sleeve jersey to add as well as stock upgrades.
    Initially I'm going to do the Head Tube in black in 2 sizes to see if people like it....I will of course get another model or at least cheer her up a bit !
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Quick question about sizing - is there much difference in the length of the small compared to the medium? I tried on a friend's medium today (lovely jersey, btw!) and it was a bit on the loose side around the chest and waist, but not far off on body length.

Also, are the new styles appearing any time soon? Would quite like to see them before ordering. Although I am already torn between the new limited edition and a T5!

Cheers.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    Just spotted a prototype phone case on Torm's twitter feed, I for one would buy one, any thought
    I'm trying to be creative with using the offcuts from my jerseys so I've sampled a few different options...if I knew how to post a picture on here I would !

CRhL7prWcAAsi4l.jpg:large
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi guys, i am looking at the limited l/s jersey. How would it compare in sizing to rapha? I know that the long sleeve pro team jersey fits like a dream
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    Hi guys, i am looking at the limited l/s jersey. How would it compare in sizing to rapha? I know that the long sleeve pro team jersey fits like a dream
    I have found personally that the sizes are similar. I am a Large in Rapha and I am a Large in Torm. However why not send them an email, I'm sure they will be helpful.
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    The sizing on the neck is a lot wider on the Torm.

I don't fit my Rapha medium neck line very well but the Torm is a little wide, so I wear a buff with it. I'm pretty sure it's a medium.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Torm
    Here are the approximate measurements of my jerseys :

The short zipped jerseys (T1, T2, T11, T12) have the following approximate arm pit to arm pit measurements when lying flat on the ground.

XS - 17"
    Small - 18"
    Medium - 19"
    Large - 20"
    XL - 21"
    XXL - 22"

The long zipped jerseys (T3, T5, T7, T8) have the following approximate arm pit to arm pit measurements when lying flat on the ground.

XS - 18"
    Small - 19"
    Medium - 20"
    Large - 21"
    XL - 22"
    XXL - 23"
  • Hello to all of my fellow TØRM supporters.

Ever since coming across the brand, I have been fascinated by the product line, the aesthetics and the feeling of connection and responsiveness of the guys at TORM. I have read all of the testimonials and looked at all of the pictures I could find- all in my effort to decide which TORM to buy.

Unfortunately, the jersey I want, doesn't exist yet.
    So here is my attempt to make that change.

My TØRM wish list.
    1. A full-zip short sleeve with a wide stripe across the chest (like the T2, but with full zip).
    I would like this jersey in white with black stripe. Ill be damned if I am going to buy another short-zip jersey.
    (Paul, I know you prefer the short zip- but for full temperature range I need full zip)

2. A full-zip long sleeve with a wide stripe across the chest (like the T2).
    I would LOVE to buy one of these in black with pink stripe. (like image B, below)

Of all of the images available of TORM products, these are my favorites:
    A) the white s/s with black stripe paired with white arm warmer w black stripe is the most appealing.
    main-img_2943-deaa3f4b-69c6-4542-9d99-391c31bade1f-620x350-q85-ap-mk-sm-0.jpg

B. Black jersey with pink stripe arm warmers:
    t3b-aw2bp-f25a7dde-cb14-4824-bd64-9e86450b5c44-620x350-q85-ap-mk-sm-0.jpg

After reading all of the posts, there seems to be some consensus that we would also like gray with pink (that is, if the ladies have had their run of exclusivity satisfied).
    Gray with pink would be good, but for the record, I prefer single, large stripes, over multiple, thin stripes.
  • Torm
    Thanks for the kind words, me and Al have no plans this summer for the jerseys you are describing although the samples I did were popular. I listen on here and other forums to what you guys want so if enough people ask for something then I will make it...I have to say I do like the grey and red jersey I did with the full zip...I could see that being popular.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts.
  • Sky blue?

Oh hang on, that was my suggestion from last year.

I'm back on a bike (not *my* bike yet; swinging the leg over the saddle is still a touch challenging), so an order needs to be placed in the next few weeks. Right now we're still in LS weather, and I'm managing quite nicely with the pair I've got. But when the weather get warmer, I'll be buying at least a couple more SS jerseys.

Imagine - there are people out there NOT wearing Torm. Strange people.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    I see Shutt VR are back in business which do wool tops although they are more expensive.
  • Torm
    Sky blue?

Oh hang on, that was my suggestion from last year.

I'm back on a bike (not *my* bike yet; swinging the leg over the saddle is still a touch challenging), so an order needs to be placed in the next few weeks. Right now we're still in LS weather, and I'm managing quite nicely with the pair I've got. But when the weather get warmer, I'll be buying at least a couple more SS jerseys.

Imagine - there are people out there NOT wearing Torm. Strange people.

I've got a new production run about to complete in about a week so I'll be adding these to the system next week. I've also got another run that will complete in June including a Limited Edition short sleeve jersey.
  • Torm
    ovi wrote:
    I see Shutt VR are back in business which do wool tops although they are more expensive.
    Yes it's good to see them work through their issues and reappear, there's room for all of us in this area!
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 632
    I have a yellow T1 with black bands that I bought last June. I have managed to accumulate a few small dirt marks on the front. These don't come out in the normal wash - 15 minute 30 deg with non bio liquid.

Can anyone suggest the best way to tackle the marks.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Soak in biotex flakes in hot not boiling water overnight and wash at 40. Worked for me for some rapha classic tops and most oil stains.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    What is the sleeve length like on the long sleeved jerseys from Torm?

I'm tall (6'4") and slim so would be looking at a medium in the chest measurements but I wonder if the sleeves would be long enough for my lanky arms.
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    I would say they might be a little bit short.

I'm 6 dead and I find my sleeves a LITTLE lacking in length. Everything else about it I love.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Lancew wrote:

I'm 6 dead and I find my sleeves a LITTLE lacking in length. Everything else about it I love.

Thanks for that. Sounds like I may be safer going for a short sleeved one and using arm warmers.
  • Torm
    Lancew wrote:

It's always difficult getting the sizing right on a jersey, for example the same size chest can be found on people from under 5 foot to well over 6 foot and so I tried to find the right middle ground for sleeve length. I have increased them once a while back but I'm thinking about making the sleeves a little longer again, how much longer would you like to see the sleeves ?
  • Looking at a new SS jersey.... what have they done to their website.

Will still buy a Torm though