2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    I got the impression changes were afoot at Garmin and that Millar has likely been a casualty of that as a young, doping-hoopla free team is an easier sell.

Berzerker green argyle will make for an interesting kit?!
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Where's Betancur off to then?
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    type:epyt wrote:
    I got the impression changes were afoot at Garmin and that Millar has likely been a casualty of that as a young, doping-hoopla free team is an easier sell.

Berzerker green argyle will make for an interesting kit?!

Doesn't Millar own like 20% of the Garmin Team? How does that work in terms of his involvement?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    inseine wrote:
    Where's Betancur off to then?

Good question.

I'd imagine his recent disappearance would rule out the WT teams that were interested last time.
    Colombia is the obvious answer. They have a few really good riders, but not much in the way of winners.
    Lampre seems to be where slightly lost riders end up.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Rumour has it that Bouhanni will be earning €1.2 million per year at Cofidis
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    20140711571_DSC_1008G.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Sagan to Tinkoff done. Staggering € 4 million /year
  • OPQS
    Do Confidis have a lead out? Suppose they'll have to put one together now.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Wonder how that's going to work with Bert. Has he actually gone to a team less likely to support him in the Tour (not that the Tour is the only race)?
  • OPQS
    ThomThom wrote:

Невероятный! :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    Turfle wrote:
    Wonder how that's going to work with Bert. Has he actually gone to a team less likely to support him in the Tour (not that the Tour is the only race)?
    “If Sagan joins the team it would be incredible. He’s a rider with a lot of class, he’s very strong and he wins a lot of races. He can control a race, and he can win a race so if he comes to our team then it would be very good news. The entire team, all the guys, would be happy to welcome here. I don’t think [two leaders in the team] would be a problem. There’s a big calendar for everyone to have goals and of course it’s important to remember that Peter helped Vincenzo Nibali to third at the Tour de France in 2012 and won the green jersey himself. So there’ wouldn’t be a problem."
    -Contador
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    ThomThom wrote:

That is pretty staggering even for these days. He is probably worth it though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    €4 million! He better get a stage win this Tour then.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • OPQS
    ThomThom wrote:

That is pretty staggering even for these days. He is probably worth it though.

It's a huge sum to be sure, but I don't think there's any doubt he's worth it. He is a remarkable talent. He's probably going to walk away with the Green Jersey this year, so even if he doesn't get a stage he'll have had another remarkable Tour.
  • 20140711571_DSC_1008G.jpg

I can see Nacer becoming iconic and an inspiration to many kids
  • frenchfighter
    That is an awful lot of money for a 24 year old, but his talent and palmares justify it I think. Sadly I'm still dubious about him though. Usually when you hear a rumour from people who have raced him it hasn't just come from thin air.

Well it is chump change compared to footballers and the big American sports.

Just hope it doesn't go to his head.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    That is an awful lot of money for a 24 year old, but his talent and palmares justify it I think. Sadly I'm still dubious about him though. Usually when you hear a rumour from people who have raced him it hasn't just come from thin air.

What does this actually mean?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    inseine wrote:

What does this actually mean?

Take a guess.

Wtf?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Wiggins has told Gazzetta he'll be at Sky next season.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    So Orica won't stump up the cash presumably
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:

Well that is interesting, but it doesn't surprise me that he wants an easy life. Get paid a ton of money and not have to worry about pressure to perform or many race days. Half thought he would have something inside him to show some motivation.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Going for P-R and Hour maybe.

Must be comfortable with no doing the TdF again.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    andyp wrote:

Well that is interesting, but it doesn't surprise me that he wants an easy life. Get paid a ton of money and not have to worry about pressure to perform or many race days. Half thought he would have something inside him to show some motivation.

If he wants to go to Rio to ride the track then it makes sense. Sky will give the leeway to do that because it fits their broad British Cycling marketing, can't think of many others that would offer that.

But carry on with your cod-psychology, you obviously know the man well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    Well I am correct though aren't I? He gets paid a lot of money. He can do no wrong. He wont have to work very hard. He will coast with them, use the road as training until he gets to the OG then leave.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Well I am correct though aren't I? He gets paid a lot of money. He can do no wrong. He wont have to work very hard. He will coast with them, use the road as training until he gets to the OG then leave.

Yeah, they basically give Olympic medals out in every box of Frosties.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    Well I was referring to the road. Sky are a road race team.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Half thought he would have something inside him to show some motivation.
    Sky are the only road team who will let him do what he wants (bar the Tour!). If he as serious ambitions of P-R etc AND still wants to make the track team for Rio and go for the hour, then Sky are his best bet. If he signs for OGE et al there is no way he'll get free reign to ride the boards whenever he wants and he'll end up with another few road seasons but no chance of a crack at Rio.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • frenchfighter
    Exactly. He has it easy at Sky.
    Contador is the Greatest