2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    iainf72 wrote:
    TMR wrote:

Or you could just stop being a tease and tell us! :)

Well, there's a guy called Oleg involved in the team....

Certainly that's what Norwegian sports news are reporting
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "I had ten offers, now I'm going to choose between three teams," he told L'Equipe. The three teams are believed to be his current team FDJ.fr, French rival Cofidis and an unnamed "foreign team."

"The conditions are identical for all three, a two-year contract and the same pay. So you have to look at the sporting aspects," he said.

Bouhanni does not expect to make his decision until after the national championships on June 29, but "If I sign with FDJ, I would do the Tour," he said. And Bouhanni made it clear that sharing sprint duties at the Tour with teammate and fellow French sprinter Arnaud Demare would "not be a problem for me."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,833
    He'd be mad to go to Cofidis!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Pross wrote:
    He'd be mad to go to Cofidis!

Agreed, though I can at least see the logic behind the move. I'm curious to know who the foreign team is too.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dsoutar
  • Key
    Key Posts: 464
    dsoutar wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    TMR wrote:

Or you could just stop being a tease and tell us! :)

Well, there's a guy called Oleg involved in the team....

Certainly that's what Norwegian sports news are reporting

Maby Hushovd ends up with IAM, where Serge Beucherie, Hushovd old boss from Credit Agricole is. There are rumors about that too.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,206
    gsk82 wrote:
    Hushovd to NFTO was rumoured on here a few mo the ago.

Then they could rename it the Thor Series! :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Terpstra extends to 2017.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Magnus Cort to OGE. Huge talent, so a great signing.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    OGE signing all the big talents. Bit of an overlap of skills with Caleb Ewan I'd say, but you can never have too much talent in a squad.
  • frenchfighter
    Everyone courting Oleg.

“I was called the same day to see if I was interested in Mollema,” team owner Oleg Tinkov told the newspaper. While he was interested in the rider who finished sixth in last year’s Tour de France, he wasn’t happy with the offer that was being put on the table. “He is definitely a good rider, but the amount being asked is too high. If a decent proposal comes, I would be interested,” he continued.

“The same applies to Wilco Kelderman. He is a great talent that I would like to have, best in the squad. But most of the agents who call me think that I am a stupid Russian who will take anything on the table. But I’m not that stupid, otherwise I wouldn’t have so much money."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Turfle wrote:
    OGE signing all the big talents. Bit of an overlap of skills with Caleb Ewan I'd say, but you can never have too much talent in a squad.

BMC might disagree :D
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    But I’m not that stupid, otherwise I wouldn’t have so much money."

I'm beginning to really like this guy
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    But most of the agents who call me think that I am a stupid Russian who will take anything on the table. But I’m not that stupid, otherwise I wouldn’t have so much money."

Uncle Oleg is growing on me.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • also knows when it is a buyers market - sad if Mollema and kelderman cant get what they deserve
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    also knows when it is a buyers market - sad if Mollema and kelderman cant get what they deserve

Add vanmarcke to that list aswell. Super strong so plenty of suitors no doubt.
  • arnuf
    arnuf Posts: 98
    also knows when it is a buyers market - sad if Mollema and kelderman cant get what they deserve

Rabobank paid pretty well. To foreign teams these riders hardly have the same publicity value.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,137
    Vanmarcke should be top of Brailsford's shopping list.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Agreed!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    andyp wrote:

You have been harping on about that for a couple of years now

But you're still right
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Crampeur wrote:
    Magnus Cort to OGE. Huge talent, so a great signing.

Fantastic signing. Great he avoided Riis and Tinkov.

Yates and Cort. I'm a fan.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    andyp wrote:

:)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

Add vanmarcke to that list aswell. Super strong so plenty of suitors no doubt.

I assume the whole team are on the list, unless some have already got offers, which i'm not aware of?
  • dsoutar
    Not a transfer as such but a new pro-continental team for 2015. They want to be the Ajax of cycling

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cycling ... pment-team
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I would have thought a new UK domestic team will need to rise up to get close to NFTO, especially with Rapha/Condor closing its doors.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I don't think Rapha Condor JLT are closing their doors. I think that Rapha are closing, but Condor JLT will keep going?

Also a bit harsh on some of the other teams - NFTO have not dominated by any stretch of the imagination
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    mroli wrote:
    I don't think Rapha Condor JLT are closing their doors. I think that Rapha are closing, but Condor JLT will keep going?

Also a bit harsh on some of the other teams - NFTO have not dominated by any stretch of the imagination

True, but I think Jimmy meant we need another British team with a big bus :D ....or deep pockets!
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    ANC all over again? Isn't the World Tour largely the preserve of hobbyists and rich sugar daddies and hasn't the sport always worked this way? I doubt that Mr Molteni sold much more salumi on the back of Eddy's wins in his colours. The current Inner Ring is worth a quick glance.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,956
    @Velofacts

Bouhanni close to a move to Cofidis http://www.ouest-france.fr/cyclisme-tra ... is-2656600
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

• Bit of a step down from world to pro conti - not guaranteed races - although always the Tour!