Guess the object

Comments

• adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    I wonder if it is something to do with wig making, measuring bundles of human hair ?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    We're back on folks. The proprietor of this 'ere right marvellous thread managed to find out what it was. You're all a bit off the mark btw.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Is it a decoding device?
    tick - tick - tick
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    It is for measuring the strength and elasticity of pubic hair...
  • adamfo
    edited October 2014
    Bank note counter or silver coin dimensions
  • Looks like those 2 projections on the right hand side are pressed against something, then the brass button is pressed so that the needle shows thickness or depth, either G or W. The rest of it looks like a perforation gauge for stamps.
  • pinno
    Nope.
    Nope.
    Nope but BobbyG is on to something.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Looks like those 2 projections on the right hand side are pressed against something to measure width, then the brass button is pressed so that the needle shows thickness or depth. :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • pinno
    natrix wrote:
    Looks like those 2 projections on the right hand side are pressed against something to measure width, then the brass button is pressed so that the needle shows thickness or depth. :mrgreen:

You missed a bit:
    either G or W. The rest of it looks like a perforation gauge for stamps.
  • natrix
    It's nothing to do with stamps and I added the bit that says "to measure width".

Having said that, (and knowing what it is) I can't see how Bobby G isn't correct............
  • Except, I still don't know what it is. Used in the post office for sizing letters for postage costs?
  • pinno
    It is a gauge but for what?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Knowing what it is, I'm surprised that no-one this time has mentioned the "sheep angle". :mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

• natrix
    Watching sheep?? :mrgreen:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    If someone does know what it is, can they post the answer please and spare us more Pinarello misery.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    If someone does know what it is, can they post the answer please and spare us more Pinarello misery.

I reckon seeing as Piña didn't even know what it was until he cheated and emailed the man he forfeits this one :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I reckon seeing as Piña didn't even know what it was until he cheated and emailed the man he forfeits this one :wink:

@ Arran: Capt slog PM'd me.
    @ Seantheconman: Ya boo sucks.
  • pinno
    Clue: Think of wrist Watches.
  • arran77

I can't even see your picture whilst at work but thanks for the clue anyway :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:

I can't even see your picture whilst at work but thanks for the clue anyway :lol:

Zer are vays and means.
  • natrix
    arran77 wrote:

It measures width and depth and has something to with wrist watches..................... :roll:
  • pinno
    natrix wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

It measures width and depth and has something to with wrist watches..................... :roll:

^How much are you going to give away? I have seanthecon on a string, don't spoil it.

I sent A77 a pic by e-mail. He's at work so that means he has plenty of time on his hands to look at it.
  • arran77
    natrix wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

^How much are you going to give away? I have seanthecon on a string, don't spoil it.

I sent A77 a pic by e-mail. He's at work so that means he has plenty of time on his hands to look at it.

Seeing as I'm taking a break from colouring in I'll join in :lol:

Does it make sure all of the cogs inside a watch are properly aligned to keep time correctly?

seanoconn
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    Does it measure the width and depth of the piece of glass needed to go over the top?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    My sheep doesn't wear a watch so why would she want one anyway....
  • adamfo
    Measuring out the punch holes on leather watch straps :idea:
  • natrix
    Wakey wakey Pina, somebody has got it........ :roll:
  • capt_slog
    In the absence of Pina, and because I emailed him the answer :lol: I will declare the winner.

Your go Phil_D

• pinno
    Capt Slog wrote:
    In the absence of Pina, and because I emailed him the answer :lol: I will declare the winner.

Your go Phil_D

Oi! I do have a life and technically, he's not quite got it.

It is for measuring watch crystals but seen as you've given it to him...
  • capt_slog
    Phil_D wrote:
    Does it measure the width and depth of the piece of glass needed to go over the top?

Otherwise known as a watch crystal. :lol: